“excellent place”

Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Wolvey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2017

have eaten here many times and the meals aswell as the service is always both punctual and professional.all the staff are extremley welcoming and also very helpful.also lunched here christmas day and it was truly incredible,fantastic experience and will definitley be returning this year for christmas day.if u need to take a partner or family for a special meal then this is certainly the place to visit.

Rob E, General Manager at Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Many thanks for your review!

I'm pleased that you are happy with our service and I'm glad we helped you celebrate Christmas!!

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Majority of the restaurant is within a very large conservatory, it was a sunny day and warm outside, no doors and windows were open and the radiators were on. Extremely hot and uncomfortable, couldn't wait to leave. The décor is very dated and the whole place seems run down and shabby especially the carpets and the inside of the conservatory.

Waiting staff were pleasant, but some hospitality training wouldn't go amiss, the place wasn't busy, but we had to wait 15 minutes to be offered a menu (stated look at Sunday lunch menu, but no Sunday Lunch menu offered), were not informed orders needed to be placed at the bar, sat for another 10 minutes waiting for someone to take order, in a place of this size orders really should be taken at the table.

Dress code of the staff also goes along way, rather than scruffy T shirt+ jeans+trainers, waiting staff really should be in shoes, black trousers/skirt and white shirt/blouse, or a branded uniform. At no point were we offered more drinks, had to ask.

Only had Sunday roast in the end, very poor overall, watery vegetables, tough meat, Yorkshires strait from the packet, barely roasted roast potatoes. It isn't 1998 anymore, there are a lot of places competing for trade and this quality just doesn't cut it.

This pub is in a nice location with a good car park, but they really need to raise their game.

6  Thank great_kahn

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I do believe this review to be a little unfair and it would appear in your review that you wasn't happy with anything we offer our customers at the Bulls Head.

1/ One part of our pub is a conservatory which can be difficult to gauge the heat dependant on the weather. We had some customers on the same day as you request us to close the doors due to a draft around the knee's. If you would have made us aware you were too hot, we would have offered you an alternative seat when one become available.

2/ The décor and carpets are traditional pub carpets. Unfortunately this is beyond our control as the brewery manage the look of the premises.

3/ On a Sunday we only serve food from 12-5 and we do 100+ covers in the short space of time. There is a notice as you enter the pub advising orders are taken at the bar. I'm sorry if you did not see this notice, and sorry it took a while for a member of the team to take your order (I can only assume staff members had thought you had placed your order).

4/ Front of house staff all dress smart and well presented. This is something we do take pride in. NO staff members wear t-shirts or jeans. I can 100% guarantee this. All staff wear dark tops and dark trousers. This is for obvious reasons. White is something I don't have staff wearing due to the fact it shows food stains easily. As some staff members are on a shift for over 7 hours, the last thing they need is gravy being spilt on them in the 1st hour.

5/ We have 3 staff member on front of house on a Sunday and we all table check on all tables. I would rather eradicate a problem prior to customers leaving, then have a customer leave unsatisfied. So if you had advised a member of the team you was unhappy with your meal we could have sorted it there and then. As I previously mentioned we do 100+ covers on a Sunday and we received no complaints. All customers advised us they were happy with their meal or it was lovely.

6/ I'm not sure what you mean by referring to 1998 anymore.

If you wish to speak to me please do not hesitate to contact me. However I do believe this is a malicious review on my business and is quite hurtful. It takes months to build up a businesses reputation and seconds to destroy. I have spent the last 10 months building the Bulls Head Wolvey's reputation and take pride in it.

Sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and if this is a true review, I hope to hear back from you.

Rob Eastham

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Called early evening without a booking. We were made very welcome and the food and drinks were very nice.

1  Thank Ray L
Rob E, General Manager at Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Many thanks for your lovely review. We are glad that you was happy with both the food and the service that we provide to our customers! We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

We came here for a traditionally yearly dinner with a party of 29, we had a set menu and there was a selection of good choices to choose from. Everyone ordered what they wanted about a week earlier, it was all very organised and everyone got the right meal (unlike previous places we have been to where a lot of the meals have been wrong and it has been very unorganised) everyone really enjoyed their meals, one lady that was with us had her steak med-well she said usually her steak is very dry because of the way she has it, however the steak she had here was very juicy and she said loved it. The meals were very well presented, also the timing between each meal was very good. I really loved my broccoli and stilton soup which I found amazing because I don't like stilton but it really was delicious.
Overall they catered for us very well, if you have a large party wanting to go for a meal I would definitely recommend coming here.
Thank you for a lovely organised meal.

I would like to personally thank you for your glowing review on our pub! The full team here take pride in our service and we are glad that we exceeded your expectations on your recent visit! Our kitchen team also take great pride in how the present the food and we again thank you for your comments on this! We hope to see you and your friends again in the near future! Again many thanks for your lovely comments!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Have not visited this pub in 4 years, was fantastic to revisit. Has had some refurb done and looks lovely. Very light and spacious! Lots to choose from on the menu, all of the group enjoyed the food. Would recommend for a nice meal out.

Rob E, General Manager at Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Many thanks for your lovely review on us here at the Bulls Head! I'm glad that you like the new beer garden that we have had fitted! I'm extremely glad that your full party also enjoyed your meals here! We look forward to welcoming you again here soon. Best Regards. Rob