See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Arriving by ferry in rain, this was recommended by the security gatekeeper, and we went 3-4 km by taxi. This is 3 star, and doesn't pretend to be 4; TRY110 single, TRY180 twin (with breakfast). The water was hot, the wifi worked, there was an electric jug plus tea/coffee sachets in the room. Breakfast is from 7.00, on the 8th floor overlooking the harbour. I also had dinner there, an excellent lamb chops (one of my few nonkebab meals in 16 days). Yes, no second sheet, but I was used to that in Iran. The toilet was western. Beer was room service: brought in by staff from a shop several minutes away. If ever I am back in Tatvan, I would stay again.

Room Tip: I never care, but one facing the lake might be desirable: the inland view is of tree-clad hills.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2016

The staff are polite and friendly. The staff helped me carry my suitcases to my room. The wireless Internet worked well, the beds and room were clean and big enough, and the shower/bathroom was clean. These are the important things in a hotel. This is eastern Turkey, not somewhere in western Europe, so I think people should be aware of this-this is not going to be a luxury Hilton hotel with food delivered to your room or perfect decor. But it meets the needs of visitors to the east of Turkey, has a very nice view of the lake, and the breakfast is good. I am saying this as an American citizen who has seen many hotels in America and western Europe. I highly recommend this hotel and think that some of the reviewers here who complain about the staff not speaking English need to understand that you should speak the language of the country you are in or have a guide translate for you. You should not go to another country and expect that they speak your language, whether in Europe or in eastern Turkey. If you are patient with the staff and friendly, they will be the same to you. Thank you very much Mostar Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2014

The approach to this hotel, set back from the main road through Tatvan behind a service station and parking lot doesn't really gel with the grand foyer. But Tatvan is a convenient stopping place on the hard road from the west to van - and the hotel has well appointed rooms; clean, and well maintained. The bathroom design was novel as the ventilator in the wall actually vented to outside - and so we kept hearing traffic noise whilst in the shower! Our room at the back of the hotel was quiet but had an unspectacular view straight into another building. Breakfast (and dinner) were taken on the top floor - a light breezy space with views. The food was adequate - nothing to write home about but also nothing to complain about. All in all - this was a nice bed in the right place.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2014

A clean decent sized room is essential and this hotel meets those requirements. Beyond that I found nothing to recommend a stay here. As someone else wrote, no top sheet is supplied. The bed was extremely hard. The water never was really warm. The staff tried hard, but our inability to speak Turkish created problems. We thought we had a dinner reservation in the upstairs restaurant; the staff did not. They finally agreed that we did, after our guide came to the rescue. The menu was a fixed price dinner. The main course was beef with vegetables. For an American accustomed to tender cuts, the beef was inedible. We mixed the sauce with the rice and tried to sleep.

Room Tip: Perhaps there is a view of the lake from a high floor; we had no view.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We sent only one night o the to the south, rooms are clean and spacious, the decoration are of very dubious taste but, "de gustibus non est disputandum", staff are just nice and "sleepy", location is very central and convenient for a short walk at the lake. The place indicated in the map is wrong. Coming from Van the hotel is just behind the gas station to your left. For one night stop to somewhere else is still a good choice.

Room Tip: the room with the round bed and pink decoration is a must, if you like the kind!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family