1,448 results
All reviews self catering free bus san blas boil water separate shower cubicle pool area sister hotel next door cleaned days a week irish bar adjoining hotel sea view great apartments large fridge freezer travel kettle euro deposit large balcony sea front
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with me husband and 4 children all I can say is what a fantastic beautiful place we didn't want to leave hotel was clean and tidy maids were fab staff were fantastic we r going bk next year

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
HyAAG, Community Manager at Aguamarina Golf Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Mme. We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us, and hope to see you again soon.
Thank you for your opinion.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We stayed here for a week end of June as a family of four.

The apartments were lovely and very large. One of the largest and cleanest apartments I have stayed in. We stayed in room 307 and had a perfect view of the pool and see without looking in to other apartments. Kitchen had everything we needed for self catering. We only ate lunch and breakfast in apartment so was fine for us. There is air conditioning in room, but not sure if ours was working properly as didn't really feel the difference during day, and only slightly at night. Rooms were cleaned most days with towels being changed these days, bedding changed once in our week. My only small complaint is, the beds were made up in the lounge on our arrival for our two kids. This meant there was no where to sit during the day. I took bedding off the beds one day, so we could sit, but it was actually just a bit of foam and not really a sofa. Not very comfortable if you are wanting to stay out of the sun for a bit. We ended up sitting on dining chairs, not ideal. Good shower and large bathroom, water sometimes went very cold or very warm while you were in.

Pool area was lovely, cleaned every morning and plenty of beds. Only moan from kids was that it was a salt water pool. There is a pool bar serving basic drinks and food, slushes, ice lollies etc. This has tables and chairs for sitting, also a pool table here. There is a supermarket onsite, which we found to be quite reasonable with basic supplies. Also a restaurant and bar onsite, but we didn't use this.

Outside the apartments, there were a handful of restaurants both outside the door and on the sea front. These were all lovely and very cheap. Three course meal for 8-10 euro. Pints 1 euro.

There is a resort San Blas which was a 15/20 min walk along the front, this had shops, bars, restaurants and was nice for a bit of a change.

The hotel offered free bus to Los Christianos and Las Americas. We used this once as didn't realise you had to book this, so other days were full. The day we used it, it was very efficient.

The apartments are joined to a hotel, you can use all these facilities as well, there was a pool, kids club and evening entertainment. We never used the hotel as seemed very noisy, music blasting at 10.30am. We didn't hear from apartments and had a lovely quiet pool area.

The reception was large and staff pleasant, especially the male (sorry never got his name) he spoke the best english and could tell us anything about the area we required. Anything we asked, he knew the answer, he was very friendly.

The whole complex was very large and very clean.

First time we have visited Golf De Sur. I wouldn't make this my first choice of area, as I like a beach area. If I did come to this area again, I would definitely use these apartments again. It is a very quiet resort. If you are looking for something busy, I would not choose this resort.

Room Tip: Room 307 had great view!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest. Thank you for your time writing this comprehensive review. We are glad that your family and you had a nice time in our resort.
Thanks for choosing us, and we hope to see you next year.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

HI, we will be returning to your apartments once again but after several attempts at emailing you through our travel agents with no reply. I was hoping you could supply me with email contact regarding our visit and arrangements we need to make for our daughter, who is recovering from a severe brain injury. Sorry to others reading. Just need to contact management bug getting nowhere. Thank you

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear guest. Unfortunately Trip Advisor does not allow us to detail any email or phone number from here. I suggest you look for our contact details in the google search engine, by typing the name of the hotel: hotel aquamarina golf.
I'm sorry I can not help you more in this respect. Thank you for contacting us.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Stayed here for a week - very spacious apartment with air conditioning. We were in room 604 - which had a view of the marina and sea but also looked out onto other apartments.

The pool area was nice - though it's a salt water pool. People claim sunbeds early on which is a pain as they don't show their faces till after noon but there's plenty of loungers that you can position yourself.

We never ate in the complex but would recommend Tapas n' Chill (turn right out of the apartments and continue up the hill) and Rendezvous Restaurant, as opposed to the bistro (opposite the chinese next door).

The free shuttle was reliable and it's convenient for the airport.

It's a very quiet resort but we liked this - if you're after something livelier I'd look elsewhere.

Good value for money though be aware you have to pay for the in room safe & avoid the supermarket next to the irish bar! It's much pricier than the one by the chinese.

Room Tip: If possible, rooms with lower numbers are better. i.e. 602 is much better than 609 - lower numbers look out onto the sea.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HyAAG, Community Manager at Aguamarina Golf Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear guest. Thanks for choosing our Apartments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our complex.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a week and had bed and breakfast. The breakfast was disgusting. Everything was plastered in cooking oil. I would advise to just do self catered and go else where for breakfasts.
The female member of staff on the help desk in the daytime was one of the rudest people I've ever met. Anything you asked her seemed like a huge effort. She gave us wrong information regarding the bus so we had to pay €40 for a taxi. She would be the reason we would not return to this hotel. People like her should be kept away from members of the public.
However the other members of staff were lovely. Especially the staff at the breakfast buffet.
The rooms where huge and spotless. They were cleaned so well. Couldn't fault this at all.
Pool area clean and enough sun beds for everyone.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
HyAAG, Community Manager at Aguamarina Golf Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear guest. Receive our most sincere apologies regarding the attitude of one of our staff members. Overall, we want to thank you for your visit, and hope you enjoyed your stay.
Best regards.