All reviews comfortable bed double room stayed for nights kettle shower yorkshire
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I would suggest to anyone thinking of booking this hotel to go somewhere else. Having read the reviews which are mostly positive I booked for 2 nights in August sell in advance.

I assumed my booking was secure, as the rest of my bookings on my yorkshire holiday I were.
However it was something of a shock to receive a very curt text 4 days before my intended stay saying that due to overbooking, my reservation was cancelled. No suggestion as to alternative places or proper explanation. I was put in a position of having to find some WiFi and search for alternative accommodation at short notice. When I texted back saying it wasn't an acceptable way to do business and he could at least have suggested an alternative he replied that there were plenty of hotels in the area.

Luckily I found an excellent alternative hotel, the management there said they were aware of Homelelgh and that my story didn't surprise them.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lynnecPortsmouth
660Kevin, Owner at Homeleigh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

overbooking is a problem in the industry fortunately its rare, i did give you 4 days notice, and as was sugested you found alternative accommodation... why you are making such a fuss is beyond me !

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Stayed for 2 nights in July. Very clean throughout. Bed was comfortable and the shower was powerful. TV, kettle, tea, coffee, milk and biscuits supplied.
Was very impressed with my double room at a bargain price of £74 for 2 nights, could have had breakfast for additional cost, but as I don't tend to eat breakfast it was great to find a hotel that doesn't include it in the price. Parking is available at the rear of the hotel and is very well located, overall really great choice for my needs.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms at back of hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Nice tidy hotel with parking. Room was comfortable with a good bed. The proprietor was charming.

Doesn't do breakfast but there are plenty of nice places nearby so don't let that put you off.

Good place to stay if you're going to a gig in Saltaire.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2017

I stayed here for one night and hopefully will be back ! I thought I had lost my cash card and some money and Kevin arranged for £20 to be put on my credit card so I could have some cash. Muppet that I am I found the card and cash in my wallet ! Kevin told where I could get something to eat ( it was close to 9 p.m. when I arrived ) He also showed interest in where I was during the day and we talked of the daft comments some guests put on here !

I booked a single room which was spacious enough, had a comfortable bed and a good shower. It was at the back of the hotel therefore quiet ! I will hope to be back.......

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
660Kevin, Owner at Homeleigh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

thank you so much for the good review, so glad you enjoyed your stay...and glad you found your debit card too.... i agree some really silly comments that people leave, but i have faith that potential guests can see them for what they are !
kind regards Kevin.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

I stayed here for one night and on arrival the manager wasn't aware of my booking and wasn't very friendly or welcoming. The room was adequate for one night and comfortable but could have done with a kettle in the room especially when breakfast wasn't included in the price.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
660Kevin, Owner at Homeleigh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

After taking just a few minutes to find your booking i helped you take your bags upstairs, how's that not welcoming? Plus your room rate was £34.00 and you expected breakfast to be included ... seriously???