OK, let's get this first bit out of the way first. This hotel is far from a 5 star. It would probably struggle to get a 4 star if I'm honest. But putting it into perspective, we spent £520 each for a week in September, which included all flights, transfers and all inclusive food. So, you do get what you pay for. Just don't expect 5 star!
1. Most of the staff. They really are very friendly and can't help you enough. They work hard, long hours, barely get any time off and work for about a 5th of the UK's minimum wage.
2. The location. Nice peaceful location, with lovely views from the beaches, but close enough to major towns and ancient ruins, should you want to venture further afield.
3. The price. I mean £520 for a week all inclusive? We must have drunk that in gin alone
4. The nightmare terrace bar. Nice comfy seats and a good place to sit and drink and natter at night
What could be improved/the bad?
1. The beach. Don't be fooled by the pictures. There is basically no beach left. It washed away years ago in a storm.
2. The food. Now, we're no fussy eaters at all, but one of us was veggie. It was the same blade food cooked every day. And you couldn't work out was half of it was? Does it contain meat? Sometimes raw food was served. My partner had chicken from the BBQ. It was raw. Not just a little raw in the idle, but still full of bright red blood. So, if you're sting the food, be careful! Lunchtime food was shocking too. Just the same old salad and and some ropey looking chips left in the sun.
3. The room cleaning. I'm not sure there is any really. Or at least ours didn't seem to have been cleaned. We had to ask at reception after 3 days for a cleaner.I think all she did was fold the sheets back. Nothing was actually cleaned.
4. The wooden deck around the pool and beach. As other people have said, it's all getting a bit tired. Lots of splinters and broken pieces that hurt your feet.
5.The cocktails. We called it the cocktail game. One of you go to the bar and ask for 2 well known cocktails and the other person has to guess what you've ordered. Because it won't taste anything like you're used to back home.
But, let's be honest here. Turkey's tourism has stubbled in the last couple of years. Apparently tourists are down 90% due to things such as the airport attack and the failed coup. So, you can see why they are having to cut back, even though this hotel did seem full. I expect they've had to lower their standards and prices to win in the visitors. Just stop pretending you are still 5 star!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Paloma Pasha Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paloma Pasha Hotel Ozdere