• Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Kugu Motel(Ozdere)
Agoda.com
2,459 results
All reviewsterrace barterrace suiteguest relationsmain restaurantturkish nightturkeythe thomas cook repfishnext yeara la carte restaurantsanimation teamgreat holidaygames roomturkish restaurantbar staffplenty of sunbedsat lunchtime
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Well, what can I say other than we had the best holiday here. The hotel has a lovely ambience. The staff are fantastic and food is decent enough.

We spent the week sunbathing out in the boardwalk at the end of the beach. So relaxing, no noise and you can swim right off the jetty. I would take swim shoes though as some of the coral is a little sharpe.

Evening entertainment was great, a couple of really great shows mixed in with some karaoke.

We tried the seafood and Turkish restaurant. Both lovely.

The only tiny thing that we didn't like was breakfast. We really couldn't find anything that we wanted to eat, so we only went twice.

Would recommend highly. We had a fantastic holiday.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eralc1983
Amandine F, Guest Relations Manager at Paloma Pasha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Eralc1983,

We are glad to hear that you had an amazing stay at Paloma Pasha Resort.

We hope to welcome you soon for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We returned home last night from the Paloma Pasha in Turkey.
We booked the holiday, with THOMAS COOK with some special requests as I am disabled and a wheelchair user. Everything we requested was organised perfectly.
We booked a Direct Pool access as we wanted to be sure of being on ground level, but seriously, there are plenty of lifts and different things are on various levels, so any floor would be good. However, we had a reasonably secluded area with our own loungers right by the pool, which runs all the way round the hotel.
We were fortunate that our THOMAS COOK REP, Josh, lived in the hotel. First, we had a private transfer and realised when we unpacked in the room that we had lost an expensive lithium battery for my wheelchair in the car. We told reception and they telephoned Josh who was still at the airport. He said he would fetch it back with him and we would collect it at reception the next morning. True to his word... it was there. He also went out of his way a couple of times to pick up items from a pharmacy for me! Amazing rep. Went above and beyond for several people!!! Top Bloke. If you are lucky enough to be going to Tenerife between now and January or Dalaman between April and November, look out for Josh. If he is your rep, you can be safe in the knowledge you got a good one!
ACCOMMODATION
We checked in and were directed to our room which was easy to find. We were really pleased with the accommodation. The bathroom was well equipped with soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and shower caps. Hairdryer, hand towels, bath towels and a floor towel. Also, a safe in a cupboard. The floor tiles were not slippery when wet either, that was a bonus to us! Our cases arrived within minutes. Beach towels, Tea and coffee facilities and a fridge with Cold drinks were all supplied in the room too!
We didn't make it to the restaurant before they closed but only had to wait an hour or so before another restaurant opened for late night snacks. We had cheeseburger and fries, which went down well.
HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE
Our room was cleaned daily. On the first day it was done while we were at breakfast. The second day it was mid-afternoon. I explained at reception that I take medication after lunch and need to put my feet up for an hour or so. Not a problem! They contacted Ayse who is the Housekeeping Manager and she kindly arranged that our room would be finished by 1pm for us. It was! We did tip the cleaner a couple of times and on one occasion we left some money for her by the kettle, but she never took it. Just left it on the side! That was so honest of her! The rep introduced us to Ayse and we told her that I had mozzie bites. She said she would send some spray to the room for us to use. Sure enough … it was there when we returned.
Days later we discovered that I hadn’t got mozzie bites… It was an allergic reaction to the detergent in the bedding! My bedding was washed especially in 90-degree hot water and without detergent whatsoever. That night, I slept like a baby… Not itching all night long!
THE FOOD
I imagine it is typically Turkish because Turkish people do seem to love their salads, fruit and veg... along with Chicken, more chicken and other meat casseroles etc, but there were many different choices to suit most nationalities. Every day there were chips and various pasta and rice dishes. Some days, mashed potatoes, or jacket spuds or even roasted ones. Along with a huge choice of cheeses, salads, bread and an excellent choice of desserts too. It is inevitable really, that some foods lose their temperature by the time you get it to the table. However, there was usually a microwave available to use, if you so wished to!
THE WAITERS
They seem to work all day long but obviously they must get breaks between restaurant opening times. They are all out to please and will try and accommodate your needs. They keep a clean and tidy place and are on the ball removing used crockery etc from your table.
The head waiter Bayron speaks better English than most of the waiters, and one evening when I had indigestion, I craved a banana as they usually help settle it for me. I told Hasan that I would like bananas but there weren't any and he told Bayron who went to another part of the hotel and returned with 2 bananas for me. We sat in the same section all throughout our stay, so when we wanted to converse with our regular waiter Hasan Hali, Bayron interpreted for us when needed to. These two men made the restaurant friendly for us.
TIPPING
You really don't need to tip when you go for your meals but if and when you do, it really is appreciated. We learned that the waiters get to keep their own tips, which I suppose is why they want to please you... The box at the entrance is tips to be shared between the staff who work in the kitchens and serving behind the counters, cleaners etc.
The wages are lower than here in the UK, but yes… so is the cost of living! You can’t blame these waiters for trying to make better lives by working long hours and trying to please hope to get tips. We tipped a little after a couple of days and then gave a more generous tip before we left. It wasn’t much to us, but meant a lot to them! They are happy to accept Euros, GB pound and of course Turkish Lira.
A LA CARTE
If you book for one week you can choose 1 a la carte meal, 2 weeks you can choose 2.
We went to the international one on the Tuesday. The menu choices are good, we thought. The soup was hot and delicious. The main course was beautifully presented, but hardly even warm. I did mention this to the Head waiter and he reassured me that there must have been a problem with the stove or something. However, I am sure that if I revisited, I would ask the waiter who took my order, to please make sure it is hot right through!

THE PIANO BAR (LOBBY)
The Pianist performed most evenings from 9pm. Brilliant Pianist!
There was entertainment on the floor below most evenings too, but we decided to sit in the Piano Bar and play cards and have a drink or two from the bar. There were three young ladies waiting on the tables and again, a tight ship kept! Quick to collect empty glasses and put the seating back in their organised and tidy positions as people vacated their seats and tables. These girls worked long hours too, as did the guys behind the bar serving up our orders for the girls to bring to the tables.
Snacks, like cheese, grapes and melon balls are available well into the evening in the bar area, and also little dishes of assorted nuts on your table.
THE BEACH AND BEACH BAR
I did encounter one problem for accessibility to the beach bar and that was a somewhat steep wooden bridge that went over the outdoor pool. This was obviously designed so that people in the pool could get all the way around while swimming. However, I did fall off my little motorised wheelchair around our 4th day there. Was okay, just a tad bruised and dented pride, We asked at reception if there was an alternative route and were quickly shown one by the really helpful staff on reception. Problem solved! There were always plenty of loungers on the beach and several decking areas. When seaweed was washed up, they were quick on the ball with vehicles with skips, removing it all. The beach bar, is just that with plenty of tables and chairs to look over the Aegean Sea.
Vacating the Room
You must hand in your key by midday or there are charges. We were diligent and, so it was all good. Apparently, you can keep your room on till later if you wish to. Some people we spoke with told us they paid £70 to keep the room until 6pm
When we left there were 2 coaches and Josh the rep was leaving this hotel to go on our flight to Manchester. It was the last day of the season for Thomas Cook in that area. Lots of the front of house staff (including Management) came outside to wave him off, along with all the passengers Our taxi had to wait for the buses to pull away before he could drive up to load our luggage etc on. We were amazed that the staff all stayed there to wave us off as well.
Would we go back there? Most probably… yes. But we already have bookings

Room Tip: If you want a direct pool access bear in mind that most of them are in the shade all day.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Jayem1952
Amandine F, Guest Relations Manager at Paloma Pasha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Jayem1952,

We are glad to hear that you had an amazing stay at Paloma Pasha Resort.

We hope to welcome you soon for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel 4th October for ten days , we have been coming to the pasha now twice a year for a good few years . We find it a hotel to have a very relaxing holiday the rooms are kept very clean we have had Beser and Meral every year they keep the room spotless , we find the weather in early October just right the nights are getting darker early now so you don't get the full benefit of the lovely terrace all staff are excellent and work very hard , Busa , Basie looked after us lots with drinks. The resturant has plenty of different food Hasan hail looked after us all week and Ferhet all staff great in the resturant , the other resturants very good you should try them we went to seasons and had the duck excellent Sir can is always joking about and Cohan . The staff on reception very helpful Hatice speaks good English and any problems there are two ladies on guest relations . I would recommend a Turkish haircut and shave fantastic . The hotel general manager ugher is always on hand and very easy to speak to , the amount of guests returning to this hotel speaks for itself you should give it a try we will go back next year .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank graham c

Dear Mr Graham,

Thank you for praising us with this positive feedback following your stay at Paloma Pasha Resort.

We are honored to read all your gracious comments about the hotel as well as our team.

Happy that another holiday of yours was fully enjoyable, we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Spent a week here with my family we all had a fantastic time.
We had 3 rooms and were all allocated next to one another which was great. Rooms were all a good size and kept clean and mini bar well stocked. We did have a couple of issues one day no towels left during daily clean and toilet broke during the week these issues were both fixed quickly which is great customer service.
The food was of reasonable quality but could be a bit samey. This is our 3 visit to turkey and would say the other hotels did offer a better variety so did struggle as the week went on to find something different. Love the organic section think this is a real unique selling point. I think if you offered a few different meat options and more traditional turkish options would be great however I know not everyone wants to be adventurous. I did enjoy the kitchen tour to see how the kitchen runs.
Pool was a fantastic size however could be a little warmer. Slides were good to keep the kids entertained.
Thought when we first arrived the staff were a bit unfriendly but just seemed to take a bit of time to warm up.
Few names to mention that were really friendly and helpful during the week were;
In the restaurant, Muamer, Osman and Chihan
At the bar by the kids pool didn't get his name but he was on most days between 14-21 October.
The 2 younger lifeguards usually at the slides.
The photographers I think Mr Hasan and the younger photographer.
The entertainments team all did a good job I know the season starting to wind down but still tried to keep things fun. Cenk, Tuana and Zehra.
Lastly the ladies doing the omelettes in the morning and the gozeleme.
All in all a great holiday with a few small changes hotel would be faultless. We hope to visit again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ChickyBirdie
Amandine F, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Paloma Pasha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Chicky Birdie,

Thank you for appreciating our five star quality and service as well as for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you had an amazing stay at Paloma Pasha Resort. We hope to welcome you soon for another memorable stay.

Banu BOZACI - Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely holiday with the whole family in Turkey, this hotel was perfect for us! The standard was very high and we experienced a talented animation team, especially Tuana did a very great job - we will definitely visit again!

Stayed: October 2017
Amandine F, Guest Relations Manager at Paloma Pasha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Anne Sofe S,