“Crap”

Paloma Pasha Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Ozdere
Reviewed 9 October 2017

nice location , rooms good and clean .Lovely to walk along the prom and relax . Now the bad bits
Josh the Thomas Cooke rep a waste of time a total poser . So much food out every meal it looks great and is done to impress. Nothing connects up no hot veg with the meat and salad coming out of your ears
Stick to the basics and get it right .
Now the Germans who think this is their hotel , so arrogant children running all over in the dinning room so dangerous . They talk all day so loud take over everything and don't give a damn .
Been going to Turkey 18 years and this is the pits never again to this Hotel . would rather spend a week in premier inn .
The management listen to nothing you say and just give the impression they are listening and that things will change but no its hollow words .
Well back to Kalkan next year peace and quiet .

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank matelotDriffield
Amandine F, Guest Relations Manager at Paloma Pasha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear MatelotDrffield,

Thank you for the review and your most valuable comments.

We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy several aspects of the stay and wish you shared mentioned above comments with us when in the hotel, letting us make your holiday better.

We hope to have a chance of seeing you again in the future to provide you with better memories.

Amandine Flament - Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,240)

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

A very mixed review of this hotel to be honest, the hotel and grounds itself is beautiful and immaculate it's very well kept and clean. The only bad thing to say about the hotel itself is the pool decking is in very poor condition, it's full of holes which can cause tripping, my 20 month olds foot fit in some of them.

The pool
The pool is amazing, it's so big and literally circles the whole hotel, we never struggled to get sun beds as there was plenty around. The baby pool had a slide which the kids loved. Lifeguards on duty too which was nice to see.

The rooms
It has to be said that rooms are so spacious and modern. We had a huge bed (very hard mattress though) hair dryer and magnifying mirror, mini bar was topped up daily.

Cot
When we booked our holiday we requested a cot for our 20 month old daughter, we arrived at the hotel at 2am we were great fully checked in quite quickly and told where our room was (1st 5 star I have been to where we had to take our own cases and find the room ourself) when we did get to the room there was no cot, our daughter was so tired and just wanted to sleep. My husband went to reception to ask for a cot and we waited a further 40 minutes for it to come to the room, this was very disappointing after a long day travelling. My husband describes the cot as a laundry basket on wheels with a folded up mattress in it, we had to get it swapped a few days into our holiday as our daughter woke up crying, she had got stuck down the side with her face pushed against the mattress!!! The new cot did resemble a travel cot so I really don't know what the have is the first time.

The food
To put it bluntly, it was awful!!! If you like chicken for breakfast dinner and tea then your ok. Breakfast was poor we had cold beans a number of times. I was also disappointed the there was no 'kids corner' my daughter lived off chips or wedges the whole holiday and there were plenty enough kids in the hotel to justify having a 'kids corner' One night when the BBQ was one I got some chicken wings, I cut into it to find it was raw. My dad mentioned it the hotel manager for him to turn around and say 'it's medium it's ok' really!!! Medium chicken!!!

A la carte
We booked into the all seasons a la carte we had heard the food was nice and couldn't wait for a decent meal. When we got to the restaurant we could see it was full and clearly couldn't cater for the 5 of us, there was just no room to put our daughters high chair, my parents stayed and we went to eat in the main restaurant. The waiter said that we could go back the following night for our meal and just to clear it with guest relations the following morning. So the following morning that's what we did, for guest relations to turn around and say the restaurant wasn't open that night and she couldn't get us in the rest of our holiday, again we were disappointed and let down!!!

Staff service and attitude
Again very disappointed, the staff in the main restaurant were miserable, didn't engage in conversation with you. The service was slow to non existent, you could have been in there an hour and not offered 1 single drink, one time my dad actually went and got the bottles of wine from the side and poured our own drinks. Towards the end of our holiday we started taking our drinks down from the bar just to ensure we had a drink with our meal.
The animation team were also miserable, it appeared that they couldn't be bothered and were too tired to interact, during the evening entertainment they would all be stood together acting around and playing on their mobiles.

We got the general feeling that because the season was drawing to a close that the staff just couldn't be bothered. Yes the season maybe coming to an end but at the end of the day we paid a lot of money for the holiday that we had worked hard for all year, you don't expect bad food and service that we received in a 5 star hotel!!

A big thank you
2 members of staff that did make us feel welcome and did look after us was ulash (not sure on spelling) he was the lifeguard near the baby pool, he made a fuss of our little girl every time he saw her and chatted to us too, he was so lovely and friendly.
Also thank you to Osman in the main restaurant, why did we only meet you on our last 3 days. Again he made a fuss of our daughter and did offer us drinks, just a shame he was the only one.

Yes we had a good holiday because at the end of the day it's what you make of it, however it could have been so much better. It's just such a shame that a beautiful hotel which is 5 star worthy itself is let down so badly by the poor food and staff service. I hope management can bring this back up to standard as there is so much potential it's just a shame that it's put us off and that we definitely won't be visiting this hotel again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Jess A
Amandine F, Guest Relations Manager at Paloma Pasha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Jess A,

Thank you for the review and your most valuable comments.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Just back from an amazing 10 night stay at Paloma! Great hotel, amazing scenery and total relaxation!

The area of Ozdere itself is very quiet, and there is nothing really to do outside of the hotel unless you go on the excursions. (Just something to bear in mind if you like to get out of an evening).

Amazing rooms, lots of space and storage with great big showers. Fresh towels and beach towels daily.

Plenty of sunbeds round the pool, no matter what time you get up there is always beds! No need for the mental 6 am rush for towels. The quiet jetty area is beautiful if you want to get away from the repetitive pool music :)! The barman on the jetty 'Ibrahim' is absolutely fantastic and really looks after you! We never had to move off our sunbeds for a drink, and one of few bar staff in the hotel that smiled and made you feel welcome.

75% of the bar staff were miserable, but I would put this down to it being end of season probably! Although when you are still paying full price in a 5 star luxury hotel you expect service with a smile, or from someone that isn't on their mobile phone or tutting when you ask for drinks.

Food was just ok. Expected a lot more from a 5 star hotel. Very repetitive and not great quality. Lunch was the best buffet out of the 3 I'd say. Book the a-la-carte restaurants instead in the evenings 'Seasons' is a must.

No pool bar - so quite a walk for drinks to one of the bars.

Josh the Thomas Cook rep is fantastic! Very helpful in and out of uniform, always felt at ease with Josh around, top guy!

Byrom in the restaurants is also fantastic.

Avoid Hasan the bar chief - he is not so nice. My partner still has the grab marks from him! Being a sleeze in the nightclub! Trying to stop us leaving. Once you turn him down, he is rude for the rest of your stay.

Hotel itself is perfect, just the food and some staff that let them down. That's the only reasons they don't get 5 stars.

Overall an enjoyable stay! Good luck for next season and hope you can improve on the food and staff situation.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the swim up rooms they are not worth it! All shaded.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Beccy F

Dear Beccy F,

Thank you for your gracious feedback, compliments and reviews.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed a perfect holiday with us.

We have already share with all staff in Paloma Pasha your comments and we wii try to work on it for satisfy you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at Paloma Pasha Resort.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

You couldn’t ask for any more of this hotel!

This was my first visit to the Paloma Pasha Resort and my first visit to Turkey. But I’m sure it won’t be my last! I loved every minute of my holiday at this beautiful hotel which is located in such a perfect picturesque setting.

Ozdere is a lovely little town. I enjoyed walking from the hotel along the attractive promenade and calling at the couple of little shops along the way. I bought some lovely bags for my friends. We also visited the Saturday market in the town centre where I chose some delicious Turkish delight and nougat to take home as gifts. The stall holders allow you to try before you buy and they don’t hassle you. The sights, sounds and atmosphere are amazing.

The food at the Pasha is superb. There is a wonderful choice. The theme nights in the main restaurant and great. I liked the barbecued food from the chefs outside on the patio area. The a la carte restaurants are very good as an alternative too.

Lunchtime in Meandros is so restful, looking out at the views. The salads, fresh herbs and organic produce is excellent. The atmosphere is so laid back and the waiters work very hard serving you and clearing tables.

My daughter and I loved visiting the patisserie on an afternoon around 4pm. The cappuccinos are lovely and the colourful cakes vary from meringues to pastries, cakes and gateaux.

Before our evening meal every night my son-in-law and I would go for pre-dinner drinks in the terrace bar while the rest of the family finished getting ready. We would also head back there afterwards to sample one of Eren’s lovely mojitos. We loved sitting on the big, comfy, sofas whiling the night away. There’s a great atmosphere and it was lovely to enjoy the warm night air with a cocktail. The entertainment staff often joined us for a chat.

The ampitheatre is very novel and the shows are different to what I imagined. They are very varied and the performers worked so hard to entertain and were a delight to watch.

The setting of the Pasha, right on the beach, is awesome. It’s near enough to walk to the shops and along the lovely promenade and you can get a taxi into town for a few euros.

The animation team were good fun and friendly. I would like to have them as my neighbours!

All the staff were very helpful and couldn’t do enough for you. My son-in-law has been learning Turkish for a few years and the staff loved to banter with him and teach him new words.

I would definitely return to this hotel and highly recommend it.

Thank you to all my friends at the Paloma Pasha, especially Ferdi, Cenk and the lovely Ferhat who always found us a table and gave great service.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank StellaMBurke
Amandine F, Guest Relations Manager at Paloma Pasha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear StellaMBurke,

Thank you for appreciating our five star quality and service as well as for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you had an amazing stay at Paloma Pasha Resort.

We hope to welcome you soon for another memorable stay.

Amandine Fament - Guest Relations

Reviewed 8 October 2017

If you’re looking for an amazing place to stay
This is the perfect hotel to make your day
It has everything you’d want from five-star luxury
It’s fantastic in every respect, what more can I say?

Well … sumptious food with cuisines for every taste
An abundance of choice, you’ll leave nothing to waste
If you love fine dining, make your booking with haste
Look for the link above, then just copy and paste

Slides make a splash with adults as well as children
And the animation team makes sure there’s loads of fun
Holidaying here is like a paradise in the Aegean sun
For our lucky family, this place will always be number one

With its own private beach and wonderful location
This hotel offers everyone a fantastic vacation
Turkey, with its friendly people, is a wonderful nation
Lovely Ozdere, with its gorgeous setting, is a top destination

The waiters and bar staff are hard-working, smiley and brill
The entertainment shows always guarantee a thrill
Every day we wish we were in Turkey still
At this delightful hotel which is anything but run of the mill

From the reception team to guest relations, they’re all amazing
You get first class service, from housekeeping and catering
The Pasha team are so enthusiastic, considerate and caring
With all your loved ones, this is a resort for sharing

So to our Paloma friends here is a review in rhyme
We know we are always going to have a superb time
Your hotel is the best, a delight, a second home so fine
Thank you Mr Ugur, Eren, Ali, Ferhat, Chian, Attila, Ferdy, Chenk, Meril, Beser and Amindine

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Nick P

Dear Nick P,

We are glad to hear that you had an amazing stay at Paloma Pasha Resort.

We also wanted to thank you again for all staff's member you mentionned.

We hope to welcome you soon for another memorable stay.

Amandine Flament - Guest Relations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozdere
5.2 km away
19.6 km away
Palm Wings Ephesus
Palm Wings Ephesus
#7 of 156 in Kusadasi

Been to Paloma Pasha Resort? Share your experiences!