“Awesome Guides and Trip”

Paradise Scuba and Snorkeling Center
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in La Parguera
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Center in Puerto Rico. Explore the Bioluminescent Bay in La Parguera or book scuba diving trips to the Wall.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I drove down from San Juan to see the other side of the island. Capt. KIKO meet us at his shop and explained the different options. We did an afternoon snorkeling trip led by Jonathan. He was very awesome and showed us alot of cool sea creatures. Snorkeling was about 1.5 hrs which was plenty of time. That evening we met at the store for the Biolumeniscent tour. They fed us Epinanids that were fresh and hot. We took a 20 min boat ride to the bay where we swam in the bay. This is probably the most incredible thing I have been a part of. Swimming was definitely the way to go. It was awesome. Thank you guys for the friendly service and a trip of a life time.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"once in a lifetime"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The boat takes you to Parguera Bay to snorkel when the sun goes down (takes about 20 mins. - so leaves when the sun is going down). There was no talk or prep before arriving ( did not explain where & what we were going to doing / seeing). Some of this was done when we arrived. Then they handed out the snorkel equipment. We were unlucky in that the moon was out full force. (Note: the darker it is, the better you can see the microorganisms that light-up when your in the water & they sense heat). They do provide a chicken tamale (3 of our 6 people got 1) & all the beer, water & sodas you can drink while on board.

paradisescubapr, Owner at Paradise Scuba and Snorkeling Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Alan,

Thanks for visiting us and for taking time to write a review about us! I am sorry about the lack of information when you arrived to our vessel. We do a briefing about the tour with the reservation and at the store we also do a short brief. Once you get on board, our crew serves food and drinks and they are always ready to answer any question. At the Bio Bay the Captain will have a briefing about the Bay and the reason it glows and also safety procedures. After you finish swimming the crew do a head count and navigates to our dock. At the dock the Captain always do a de briefing and we finish the trip. That is in all our tours

Reviewed 29 March 2018

A must-do! Perfect for amateur snorkelers. The water is so clear! But the staff really make this experience a one of a kind. They’re super friendly and they make sure you have a great time! They feed you and give you beers after the tour. Best snorkeling experience I’ve ever had. Don’t hesitate to book if you’re in the area!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My wife, 6 year old son, and 2 year old daughter all went on the sunset snorkel and biobay tour. I was reluctant to take my daughter, but my wife, son, and I all wanted to go and after a phone call Jonathan covinced me it would work out. When we arrived it started pouring rain, but it passed and the clouds made for a fantastic sunset. The guided snorkel tour was great, when my kids got tired one of the guides took my wife and kids back to the boat. We were surprised by the variety of reef flora and fauna, and even got to swim with a sea turtle. After snorkling we had some excellent chicken empanadas which my kids, who are picky, loved. The biobay was great, my son loved it, and we all got a chance to experience this natural wonder. I highly recommend this tour if your in the area.