Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
StayForLong
CheapTickets
All reviews pub grub high street fish and chips comfortable room an evening meal couldn't do enough a lovely stay warm welcome eileen rear pint character mushrooms welsh ensuite dogs snowdonia
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2020

Had a warm welcome upon arrival and check in was very straight forward. The manager Barry made us feel very much at home as did Thomas on the bar. The food was delicious with a good variety to choose from. I would happily return again with out a doubt. I also have to say loved the Christmas decor!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
White Lion, Agency / Consultant at White Lion Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2020

Can I first say a big thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.
we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your lovely comments on to the team.
Looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2020

I paid for my bus driver to stay at this hotel as I was staying so where else. The owner was drunk and offered to fight my driver and also didn't let him stay there. This resulted in my drivers sleeping in there mini bus on a freezing cold day.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
White Lion, Agency / Consultant at White Lion Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2020

Thank you of taking the time to leave your feedback.
Im sorry you were not completely satisfied on this occasion.
I understand there was a mix up with the names on the bookings. All names on the bookings must match with the resident that is checking in, on this occasion this did not correspond. This is for full track and trace disclosure. This is our policy, particularly during the current circumstances.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Regards
Trish

Reviewed 10 November 2020

We were passing through Bala and decided to stop off for some lunch! As soon as we walked into the white lion, the gentleman who appeared was nothing more than friendly, big smile and very polite! He made us feel very comfortable! He showed us to our table where we were asked to order from the app. As soon as we pressed confirm our drinks were infront of us! The barman/ waiter was also very polite and friendly! . I ordered fish and chips and the portion was huge!! And my husband ordered a pie and chips - we couldn’t fault the food at all! And walked out very full! Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get names of the people who served us that day but would 100% go back if I’m ever around this area again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
White Lion, Agency / Consultant at White Lion Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this glowing feedback. I cant thank you enough for your lovely words, i will pass this on to all our team. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Diolch and stay safe. x

Reviewed 11 October 2020

Stayed in Bala for a week, came here a few times and each time the food was beautiful and fresh, drinks lovely and the staff were so friendly, polite and helpful, will be coming again when near Bala or passing through

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
White Lion, Agency / Consultant at White Lion Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I will pass this on to all the team.
Hope to see you again very soon.
Take care and stay safe.

Diolch

Reviewed 28 September 2020

Given the price of a room at this hotel we were expecting something special, but we were very disappointed.

Firstly the staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. We did sometimes find no one available at the front desk, and had hoped to discuss our concerns when checking out but no one was to be seen.

Our room was dirty which is particularly unpleasant given the current covid situation. The bathroom seals were black and mouldy, shower curtain pink and slimy at the bottom, carpets dirty and dusty towards the edges, furniture dilapidated and dirty. The whole room just felt grubby. Had we been able to find somewhere else to stay we would have moved.

The room was very noisy from adjacent rooms, and the room above plus every time us or another close room needed hot water a noisy pump in the wall kicked in.

The street noise was pretty bad. This was outside of the hotel’s control but we were suprised at loads of rowdy people in the street well past the current curfew time, plus racing of motorbikes well into the early hours.

We will not be visiting this hotel again, despite the beautiful area and lovely people.

Date of stay: September 2020