All reviews fashion show thatched roof taino indian wood carvings hot water reception area rooms are comfortable che memorial rocking chairs two nights cabana creativity
Reviewed 7 April 2018

We booked 2 double rooms, last minute. On arrival they were 2 twin rooms, we asked at reception if we could change to 2 double rooms but were told the hotel was full. We were subsequently told by a waiter the hotel was in fact less than half full.
There was no mention on your website that the hotel was undergoing extensive renovations and there certainly wasn't any mention of a frequent disco, run on site for the locals, blaring out very loud music until 2am!
Our rooms were A5 & A6 which were the nearest rooms to the disco!
Why if there were rooms available were we put in rooms that were obviously going to be extremely noisy until the early hours of the morning?
We decided we would put up with the noise and vibrations from the bass assuming it would finish by 12 midnight which we consider to be a reasonable time for music to finish. When it was still continuing at 1am I went to the reception to complain asking to see the duty manager. I was pointed to a gentleman standing outside reception in a red tee shirt. I told him the noise was not acceptable especially as the website describes the hotel as being in a quiet rural location! He then went away and left me standing there for over 10 minutes. I pursued him, found him, asked what was happening and he said he had asked them to turn the volume down. In my opinion it did not change. I walked back to A6 and went in only to discover the volume and the bass vibrations were still totally unacceptable. By this time it was 1.20am! We now had been joined by 2 other members of staff who could speak more English. They offered a change of room but,as my husband had been unwell and they assured me the disco finished at 2, I declined.
What he failed to say was as the locals left they would be shouting and sounding their horns until 2.15am.
I asked the manager to leave a contact email address in reception in the morning so I could pursue the matter.

When i attended the reception at 7.30am the gentleman was very aware of my complaint, I was told the staff who would be able to help me would be on duty by about 8am. By 8.30am the staff had not arrived but I did have an email address. It was then that I decided to contact the booking agent directly to make you aware of the situation.

The agent sent me an e mail, informing me that they had sent my complaint onto the hotel. Now 4 days have past and i have heard nothing. I contacted my credit card today !!

Room Tip: the room was very basic
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank belchamp
Diana Maggy L, Especialista de Calidad at Hotel Los Caneyes, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you very much for writing and giving us your criteria, your opinion is fundamental for us because it allows us to work more to achieve greater satisfaction of our customers. Your dissatisfactions have already been processed by the commercial department of the hotel with your Agency. We hope you can visit us again and see that we work to provide an excellent service. Greetings and happy day.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The Hotel Los Caneyes is designed to look like a Taino indian village. Rooms are designed to look like huts with thatched rooms. The central area has a pool, and all the facilities you'd expect at a resort.. A great resort the relax and enjoy. Our bungelow had five rooms with a sitting our with rocking chairs in the center.

Room Tip: Carry a flashlight. Paths at night have very low lighting, part of the restful atmosphere.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your comments, we are glad you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We will work more to improve our services. We hope to return soon. Greetings and happy day.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed in one of their round huts which was surprisingly roomy with a big bathroom. All facilities were there, safe, fridge, hairdryer etc. Food was okay but waiters were very accommodating as were all staff. When we were there, there were very few guests so one day we almost had the pool to ourselves. In was calm and quiet. There was a fashion show and a nightclub evening. A few mosquitoes attracted by surface water left by Hurricane Irma. Only location I was bitten. Thoroughly recommend this hotel for a getaway holiday

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Hailon D, Especialista de Calidad at Hotel Los Caneyes, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

We love knowing your opinion about the Hotel because our main objective is to achieve your satisfaction and to return soon. We will be waiting for you here so that you can enjoy our services again.
We hope you greetings

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I come to the night club every time I'm in Cuba and I love it! Not too crowded and good music. They only have rum to drink and beer but when you have good company you don't really need alcohol. The pool is pretty good and the hotel as well. Little outdated but good service.

Stayed: September 2017
Hailon D, Especialista de Calidad at Hotel Los Caneyes, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thanks a lot for sharing Flavia, it is our will that every client gets so pleased as you were, we do our best every day for achieving that goal, opinions like yours make us feel like we are in the right way and make us push even harder

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Our bungalow was basic and clean and we enjoyed our overnight stay on the property. The bungalow had one of the best air conditioners that we used during our trip to Cuba in July. It got cold enough in our room that I ended up using a heavier blanket. The property is well-maintained and the staff is friendly. We were able to access the internet in and around the reception area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business