All reviews outdoor shower private pool meads bay beach citronella candles straw hat big table close proximity half bath grocery store full kitchen private chef living area restaurants and bars spent a week perfect temperature blowing point ocean echo
Reviewed 20 July 2018

We just enjoyed our 4th visit to Meads Bay Villas , and our 7th trip overall to Anguilla .
Although we liked our stays at the bigger resorts , we have found Meads Bay Villas
to be the perfect place for us . The staff , led by Joan , are unbelievable . They make you feel like part of the family , and no detail is left unattended . The villas have all the
amenities of home , and they are on one of the finest beaches one could ever spend
time at . If you don't care to go to the beach , no problem , because each villa has it's
own pool . There are some of the finest restaurants on the island within walking distance , though I would recommend getting a car so you can enjoy everything that the island has to offer . The people of the island are simply some of the nicest
individuals that one could have the pleasure of meeting . If you are looking for a
peaceful , relaxing vacation , you cannot go wrong by staying here .

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank TDC9900
Reviewed 1 June 2018

I just spent the last week visiting Anguilla for the first time. My friend's son was getting married and we stayed at the Meads Bay Beach Villas. Our stay was perfect, largely in part to Joan. Joan is friendly, and the most accommodating person I've ever met. Her goal from the time you meet her is to make certain that you have a wonderful stay while on the island. She arranged massages for us, groceries, fresh flowers in every room - you name it, Joan does it. The villa was beach front so the location was amazing but Joan and her staff made our trip even more special. I highly recommend Meads Bay Beach Villas and hope to visit again soon.

Room Tip: Best views, ocean and island sounds, private pool per villa, large bedrooms, private baths, air conditioned, full kitchen
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristi E
Reviewed 1 May 2018

My husband and I stayed at Mead's Bay Beach Villas in mid-April of 2018. We had the second villa back from the beach, and it was perfect.

Each villa has two large bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living area. You also have your own plunge pool, which is the perfect temperature. Because of the way the villas a situated and the small footprint of the property, you also have a lot of privacy.

In a lot of ways, I thought staying here was a lot like renting an Airbnb. You have all the comforts of home, including a kitchen where you can prepare some meals. The big difference is, you don't have to deal with the consistency of Airbnbs or an individual owner. You get the benefit of an on-site staff that is wonderful and attentive to your needs if you have any.

Pros of the Villas:
- They are spacious and clean
- Private plunge pool!
- The rooms are huge
- You are only steps from Mead's Bay, one of Anguilla's most beautiful beaches
- The hotel's small footprint means you only share space with a handful of people - you get the beach to yourself
- The villas are in close proximity to excellent eateries like Ocean Echo, Straw Hat, and the Four Seasons. We walked to these restaurants in less than 10 minutes right down the beach. Waves beach bar is also right down the beach if you want cheap appetizers and drinks.
- The ocean has bioluminescent algae! Go out late at night and watch the surf - you'll see it.
- The sky gets so dark on the beach you can see every star - it's gorgeous and other benefit of being away from highrises
- It's easy to rent a car and drive around Anguilla, and there is parking for this on-site

Cons:
- I can't think of any, except that there are only four villas so they may not have extra room if they are already booked. If you find availability here, you should book it now.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Holly J
Reviewed 29 April 2018

We just returned from a one-week vacation at Mead's Bay Beach Villas. We stayed in Villa 3. From the moment Joan first showed us around our villa, until the day we left, everything and everyone was outstanding.

The Villa itself is gorgeous. It is spacious and contains all the amenities of home. From a Keurig machine, to a cocktail shaker, to a fully stocked kitchen, nothing was over looked. The villa had its own mini-pool and an additional outdoor shower. Both were very cool to use.

The hotel workers are so nice and a pleasure to see every day. Our Villa was always immaculately cleaned. The hotel grounds were gorgeous and were being attended to everyday. Even with people around, it was such a private location and at times you felt like you were the only one on the island.

The location is perfect. Right on Mead's Bay, you have a few restaurants and bars you can walk to and a bunch more just a short car drive away. The grocery store is very close to MBV. We had a car and drove to the grocery store for bulky items but also took the short walk on other days.

I could go on and on about how amazing MBV was but you really have to see them and experience them to truly understand how wonderful they are. I know we will definitely be back again and again!

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Maxlo7
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We have stayed many times at MBBV but I was a little worried about what I would find after the terrible hurricane Irma. I was so pleasantly surprised at how MBBV fared! We were so happy to be back and see Anguilla and we were treated everywhere with appreciation for coming.

Mead's Bay and the beach - perfection! Straw Hat and most nearby restaurants were open ( exception: Blanchard's Beach Shack was "in process").

As always, the staff was lovely! Everyone was friendly and we enjoyed the new and old faces alike! The units were clean and everyone responded to requests i.e. purchased groceries ahead of our arrival, handled the rental car drop off, called for a taxi to take us to the blowing point, made a restaurant reservation for a place I couldn't find a phone number for, found the number of a PT person after I hurt my back.....

This is truely like a second home and family to us! Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends