All reviews turtle cove the general manager manager john meads bay cliff overlooking tour of the property yogurt suntan lotion the entire staff sunset bar four seasons beautiful property mini bar special thanks infinity pool tennis courts straw hat
Reviewed 4 September 2017

While my wife and I have stayed at other resorts in Anguilla over the past eight years, and have eaten dinner there last year, this was our first overnight stay at Malliouhana.
We booked a 10 day visit in mid-August and stayed in an Ocean View Junior Suite.
Overall we had a great time as there were not many guests during this period, probably because the resort was scheduled to close on Sunday August 27th for two months.

Upon check-in, we were greeted by the general manager, John, together with a nice refreshing cool drink. Our room was very spacious, although on the downside, there was no door separating the toilet from the rest of bathroom. The TV installed in the large mirror, while unique, the glare in the room on the screen prevented us from seeing a clear picture.

All of the staff were very warm, friendly and accommodating. Because of my wife's food allergies, Chefs Marc and Jeramy made sure that my wife's special food requirements were met for each of her meals, which were all delicious.

John, the general manager, was there to great us for breakfast almost every morning or evening. He even went as far as to make us a small box to view the eclipse. (Thanks John, for making us feel special).

3  Thank Donald T
John V, General Manager at Malliouhana, Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Bermudaboyflorida,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Malliouhana on TripAdvisor!
We so enjoyed having you both with us! Thank you for joining us and making our days such a pleasure coming into work.
We are all looking forward to hosting you again but please don't wait until the next eclipse - that will be far too long. Maybe we shoot for a full moon!
Have a great fall and warmest island regards,

John Vasatka and the entire Malliouhana Family

Reviewed 25 August 2017

For the second year in a row, the Malliouhana has provided a perfect vacation for my husband and I. The hotel offers all of the amenities of a resort, but feels more boutiquey (and therefore special). Service is very warm and friendly. The location on multiple beaches is perfect. And the gorgeous double infinity pools and cabanas are to die for! The rooms are very spacious and all (I think) have at least an ocean view. I absolutely adore the Malliouhana!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank kkestner
John V, General Manager at Malliouhana, Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear kkestner,
Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us again this year! The entire Malliouhana team and I thank you for your repeat business.
We love that our intimate size, kind and generous team and wonderful rooms made your stay something special. We all look forward to having you back with us again on beautiful Anguilla!
Warmest island regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2017

My husband and I just returned from a three-day getaway (without our children) at the Malliouhana. We have been to Anguilla before but new to Malliouhana. We were absolutely floored. First of all, John V. who manages the property is a really friendly and low-key guy - but he is super engaged. He is "on it" and the place is incredible bc of his level of attention to detail. First of all, the facilities were immaculate. The room, the common spaces, everything. Sheer Perfection. Second, the views! Unbelievable! From our room to the poolside and restaurants (everywhere really): The views were the best we've ever seen (and we've stayed everywhere from Parrot Cay to various Amans). The property is small so you don't dread going to the beach or the spa or the restaurant. It really felt like we were staying in John's beautiful home. Warm and gorgeous.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank at00sar

Dear Altoosa R,
It was wonderful to have you as a guest again after a number of years!
Thank you so much for your kind and generous words and choosing to stay with us in beautiful Anguilla!
Malliouhana's recent renovation has brought this little boutique beach resort back to the forefront as the Caribbean's most intimate and romantic escape...and we're so glad you got to experience it.
We look forward to seeing you again next year and until then we send our warmest island regards.
Yours,
John Vasatka and the entire Malliouhana Family

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I had very high expectations after months of Instagram stalking this incredible resort and boy was I not disappointed.
If you're considering a stay just book it!
Everything was incredible from the stunning and chic rooms to the wow factor double infinity pools then there's the picture postcard beaches.
The staff were all lovely and made me feel at home the moment I stepped foot inside this slice of heaven.
I felt like I was staying at a very very rich friend's beach house...so boutique with so much attention to detail...so perfect! Oh and I think possibly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on (and I'm the toughest bed critic).
The food was incredible from lobster avocado omelette for breakfast to lobster BLT by the pool for lunch (yes there's a lobster theme to my trip).
I just wish I had more time here!
I had an ocean view room in the main house which was perfection with views over Meads Bay.
I travelled solo and met lovely & interesting people at both the pool and the sunset bar.

I will be returning and will do a minimum 5 nights for my next trip...I cannot wait.

Word of warning...don't book the 8am flight from St Martin to Miami (unless you have no choice) it means you're departing the hotel at 5:30am for a 6am boat!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank JpoSydney
John V, General Manager at Malliouhana, Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear JpoSydney,
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at Malliouhana!
The entire team are appreciative of your business and extremely pleased that you loved the resort. I've made sure Chef Marc and the culinary team all saw your comments on how much you enjoyed the food during your visit and I certainly agree that the Caribbean lobster is amazing and always a favorite.
We all look forward to your return to our beautiful island paradise.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We really enjoyed this hotel and felt we made the right choice for Anguilla, but in comparison to other global five star properties, the Malliouhana falls short.

PROS

The decor is airy, colorful and fun all around in the lobby, restaurant and rooms.

Even the premiere non-suite room is exceedingly spacious and the ocean views are as good as it gets anywhere in the world.

The food was generally very good (though expensive). We didn't have a bad meal. I exclude the breakfast which was underwhelming and so we weren't motivated to get up in time.

Angela at the bar is amazing. The pool guys, especially Sam, are great.

The pool is gorgeous in terms of design, colors and setting. We loved the cabanas.

The grounds are lush and there were no mosquitoes.

Celeste in the spa gives a good massage.

We went to dinner at the Four Seasons, which is very sleek and pretty, but a different kind of hotel with a loud band and a New York crowd. It felt like Honolulu or Miami.

CONS

We arranged an airport meet-and-greet with the hotel but no one was there. It didn't matter because the taxi driver just took us.

About a third of the staff is half asleep and reactive rather than pro-active including the front desk clerks, bell boys, the restaurant servers (forced friendliness) and the beach guys who are borderline rude (I'm talking to you young watersports guy!) I will say D-Shon tried hard.

The beach is gorgeous but the half-assed bar and dumpy bathroom are not five star. And what's up with the unremodeled villas on the beach? The main hotel feels five star but the beach facilities, while naturally beautiful, feel very three star (at best).

These facilities along with things like a unmaintained tennis court and a few other rough around the edges (weird gym building) details detract from the glamour a bit.

The other lady in the spa gives a bad massage. We were also emailed a spa menu AFTER we checked out (a little disorganized).

Inconsistent restocking of mini-bar.

TV behind the mirror sounds good in concept but is very hard to see and VERY far from the bed. We watch Netflix on our laptop.

The bed and sheets are disappointing in quality.

What's up with un-air conditioned lobby shop which is something out of tiny airport? The Four Seasons sells art in their shop. Step it up!

Overall, a peaceful, luxe boutique ambiance in a stunning setting. Smaller size means fewer guests who are mostly there to relax and not hob nob or seen and be seen. We were happy there but ready to leave after a week. Anguilla has terrific beaches with crystal-clear water, plus the food is good (but pricey) and the people are nice. However, the island didn't present enough for us to do and I don't think we would return. We've yet to find a Caribbean island that is perfect for us.

Room tip: Ocean View is a Must
3  Thank FlyinFinn1

Dear Leif R,
Thank you for taking the time to review Malliouhana after your recent stay. We truly value guest feedback such as yours as it allows us to improve our service and product based on your individual experience. I'm so sorry to read that you thought some of our team at the desk, bell stand, watersports and restaurant could be more proactive and enthusiastic. All of these areas are extremely vital to our operation and they usually receive wonderful comments. Your review will be very useful in redoubling our training efforts in these areas. Thank you again for bringing them to my attention.
I was heartened to read that there were a number of staff that made a favorable impression during your stay. In that regard, please know that I will make sure they all see your comments so they know that they contributed to what was overall a very nice stay. Angela, the pool guys and their Supervisor Sam, D-Shon at the beach and Celeste in the Spa are all amazing at what they do and I know they will love to see your comments.
We are working on a number of upgrades for the beach rooms and other areas of the resort mentioned in your review. Your comments and perceptions are a great help as we discuss our plans in moving forward.
Anguilla is a wonderful, true Caribbean experience unlike many of the other islands. I would love to have you join us again at Malliouhana in future and ask that you contact me directly so that I can personally assist in your rebooking. Our entire team looks forward to seeing you again.