All reviews malpensa airport great place good size no charge milan mirror shuttle car ceiling walls theme train
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Well, this will be a longer and kind of different review than every other review I wrote on Tripadvisor. As frequent travellers we are used to a lot, in all kind of different countries. Our renewed visit to Italy (our last trip, but without our Pembroke Corgi) was in 2011 and we wanted to do a revival in Italy, but visit other cities, like Roma and Napoli. Almost everything was very good at the Selva hotel: breakfast was very complete and most things tasted very good, the staff was super friendly and helpful, our room was clean and neat. Nothing to complain about. Only, the wall was as thin as paper, or: we experienced it that way. We are not complainers and/or hard or sour visitors, but what happened in La Selva was something we never experienced before.

We had a super annoying loud neighbour: a man and his little daughter thought it was rather normal to start their ZOO sounds at 22:00u in the evening till late in the night. Television was loud, and their screaming was even louder. Because we (especially my girlfriend; I drove from The Netherlands to La Selva in one take, so was too tired to be kind) didn't directly want to complain about him/them with the staff, my girlfriend chose to confront him directly face to face on the second evening. The neighbour seemed to be a little man with a big mouth but a small heart: he looked rather surprised that a friendly woman asked him even more friendly to lower his voice and sounds. So he did.... For one hour max.

We left it that way for that evening, because everyone could have a drunk night, right?
But the (television/cartoon)noise went on and on, and we wanted to sleep: something normal at 1 o'clock in the night, after a day drive, right? Annoyed I went to the reception, where the nightwatch went upstairs with me, and knocked on his door. No answer. The nightwatch opened the door, and... the room was empty: but the television was on and loudly playing cartoons.

Okay, maybe it was a one off. But the following night: the whole circus again. Again, to the reception in the late evening. They promised me/us to call him by phone and to request him to lower his volume. After half an hour we heard them phone him, and... it helped... for a short while. This went on and on, and he didn't care for long. This man completely ruined our stay in La Selva, although everything else was superb!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CvE75
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner stopped here two nights on our way through Italy, we had come from the Swiss Alps that morning and were advised to check out lake Orta, we booked the La Selva and were more than impressed when we arrived the staff were very friendly & accommodating, room was great we had the junior suite nice and spacious with outside balcony. Food, Bar & Breakfast were also very good

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2016

This hotel was real nice, staff were great. Room was clean, and well decorated. The bathroom was nice and up to date. We had dinner and breakfast here and the food was good to. The only downside was it out by its self, no easy access to town. That may be a plus to some but not me. Just book it, is my advise.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

.... I love this kind of hotels..... Very clean and very strange rooms strangely decorated with mirrors in the sealing of the room. Breakfast is big and there is a great choice of different foods and drinks! You need a car to travel to and from the hotel.... Very close to malpensa airport but still you need a transport ! The hotel is located very closed to the main motorway to Milan which is at about 45 km to Milan city centre. Great for families as well! F

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Booked in here because all other hotels close to where I was working were full. I am glad I did. This is not a motel in the traditional sense. It is a modern stylish hotel with excellent communication links. The room was tastefully decorated with some interesting features! I won't say more. Breakfast was ok, typical continental. The hotel is a bit isolated so a car is essential. Well located for lake maggiore, Milan and malpensa.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business