US$89
US$81
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

US$130
TripAdvisor
Free cancellation until 30/07
US$105
US$134
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswedding venueafternoon teawedding breakfastluxury breakwedding receptioncakeswrapsfrom start to finishevening buffetmr mrsamazing weddingbeautiful venuesorbetfood was fantastictake homebirthday celebrationcooked to perfection
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

What a lovely break during the week. The staff were awesome. Particularly the young bar staff who served us in the evening.

The food was great, great setting. The breakfast was fab!

Four posted bed room was lovely. The hotel had everything we needed. Hair dryer/iron etc.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

This is a very good hotel. Staff are courteous and attentive. The room was well appointed with an excellent bathroom. Food was very good, Breakfast was always of good quality and choice, Champagne afternoon tea a delight, a Lite Lunch very good value and the evening meal of excellent quality. All in all a good place to stay and thoroughly recommended

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham Arthur J... S
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We were a large family party- ranging in ages from 12 to 96 to celebrate a big birthday and it seemed like a really tall order keeping everyone happy. Glen Yr Afon managed to do just that- and more! The accommodation, the food and the staff were spot on. The weekend was exceptional value for money and far exceeded every expectation. I can't think of a single thing Glen yr Afon could've done better. If you are looking to celebrate something special as part of a group and need to find somewhere that makes you feel like your party are the most important guests that have ever stayed- then this is the place for you!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Catherine B
Reviewed 25 September 2017

My husband and I were married at the Glen-Yr-Afon House Hotel on 22.07.17 and it was the most perfect day.
The first time we visited the hotel was to attend a wedding fayre and whilst we viewed other potential venues, none came close to the Glen-Yr-Afon.
The hotel has a lovely homely and cosy feel about it and the level of service that the staff provide is exceptional - they are professional yet approachable and nothing is too much trouble for them. They made us both feel very special on the big day - a huge thanks to Carol and Matthew!
We and a number of our guests took advantage of the weekend package so stayed on the Friday night before the wedding, as well as the night of the wedding. The package included a three course meal on the Friday night as well as breakfast on the Saturday and Sunday morning. I would highly recommend the package!
The food at the Glen-Yr-Afon is exceptional. All of the guests commented on how wonderful the wedding breakfast and evening buffet was and nobody could believe the portion size - generous to say the least.
The rooms at the hotel are decorated to a high standard. I stayed in the family room with the bridesmaids the night before the wedding and my husband stayed in the lodge with the groomsmen and we were treated to the bridal suite on the night of the wedding - all were beautiful.
The wedding packages offered by the hotel are such good value for money and the recommended suppliers linked to the hotel (including Love Lilly florists in Abergavenny) were all a joy to deal with and supplied a wonderful service.
I can't recommend this venue enough and if we could live out the day all over again we would choose Glen-Yr-Afon every time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rachie531
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Very friendly reception staff, in fact very friendly staff full stop!

Room a bit quirky but in a good way. Quite old world but in a good way. Very spacious and bathroom clean. Fan in bathroom a bit noisy and the shower leaked a little, informed staff and they said they would look into it.

Food excellently presented albeit slightly over priced in my opinion. They have some extra nice touches which probably is the reason for the slight over flation of cost however I can see what they're trying to do. I ordered pate to start and sausage and mash for main. After taking the order the waitress brought out oils and bread, after the pâté I was served a sorbet (complimentary). With the sausage and mash I was also served in a separate platter chips, roast and new potatoes which is maybe a tad too much. Especially bearing in mind my choice of main. All food was if a good standard and tasty.
There is a good choice for breakfast which was served efficiently and took into account business people needing to be served quickly in my opinion.

An enjoyable stay and would have no problem returning.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business