All reviewsperfect locationcold beerafter midnightclean roomsvery nice hotelshort staybarcelona airportmariamotogpcircuitcatalunyacarracetrain
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

...but what a great place to go for a much needed cold beer after a day at the alcohol free Circuit de Catalunya and wait for all the crowds to get down to Montmelo before doing the same!

Will be doing the same in June after the MotoGP this year too...

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Didier H, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Barcelona Montmelo-Granollers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at the Hotel ibis Barcelona Montmelo-Granollers. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Sincerely

Reviewed 5 March 2017

I was hosted here on a business trip and the hotel has recently been renovated, which made it look more modern than it used to be.
The first night I had a very noisy room just next to the lift, but when I asked to be moved to a different one the staff was very helpful and friendly and this was done promptly.
The breakfast has a good enough selection and it's great that on Sundays it's serving until 12:00!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room far from the elevator, it's pretty noisy!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Didier H, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Barcelona Montmelo-Granollers, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Dear Lara S,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel ibis Montmeló-Granollers with us.
We are really pleased to read such a good comment and I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

So yes there is construction ongoing , but the reception explained it and hee breakfast was free so no complaints. Only took one photo which has the construction work Ongoing, but to be honest from outside it looks great and am sure will improve more.

The room is spacey and for the price well worth it. The staff was friendly so all in all good for a night's stay.

No real complaints, but the walls are a bit thin perhaps, but yeah that isn't too bad.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Didier H, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Barcelona Montmelo-Granollers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at the Hotel ibis. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Sincerely

Reviewed 9 February 2017

Very basic hotel, a bit expensive in my opinion. Location is not good if you want to visit the city but it was convenient for us at that time. However, we could not rest properly because It was terribly noisy in the morning due to the hotel is next to Formule 1 Montmelo circuit and pilots were training that day early in the morning.
Room was nice and cozy, bed xtra large and so comfy. Bathroom is really small, looks like a phone cab, but I found it kind of cute... And everything was really clean. Staff was ok, not extremely nice but helpful. They need to improve the restaurant as they don't have too many options in the menu and the quality was not the best.

Room Tip: quiet room, far from the formule 1 circuit
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for taking the time write about your experience at the Hotel ibis Montmeló-Granollers. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please, be assured that we are taking the appropriate measures improve our hotel.
Thanks again for sharing your concerns, and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Best regards.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

All seemed to bode well until our day of check out. For the price, greatly reduced due to repairs being done, we felt we had struck gold in terms of a clean, well-kempt hotel within easy driving distance to Barcelona.

we should have taken note of the portent when, a few days into the stay, one of the maids knocked on our door and then entered the room, ignoring the "do not disturb" sign clearly posted.

When confronted, she argued rather than apologized, going on to knock on the next door which, like ours, had their sign up as well.

We thought it was an isolated incident.

Not so.

Evidently this property, for God knows what reason, subcontracts their cleaning services to some company who jobs out ill-mannered, violent tempered harpies.

On our way to check out today, wheeling easily 150 kg of baggage, I asked if the maids would move their cleaning carts so we could get by.

5 minutes of argument followed by, eventually, a solution.

During the ensuing interchange, one of these maids, Aissa, attempted to pick a fight with my wife, complete with sticking her finger into my wife's chest more than once. This activity was followed by her seeing my mother in law filmng the behavior with her phone, screaming "no pictures", and running full speed down the hall to confront and assail.

I ran after her, as did my wife, got in the way of everything, and put my wife and her mother in the elevator while I waited with the bags.

Aissa and one of her colleagues (there were three total) RAN, didn't walk, down the steps to evidently head off at the pass my wife and mother in law.

While I was on my way down in the elevator, these two gems of human beings were downstairs screaming at my family, physically pushing, and had to be called off by the desk manager Alberto (this young man is a saving grace, despite only 5 or 6 days on the job; and deserves better than to work at such a place where this behavior is sanctioned).

Everything written here is actual, and not hyperbolic. The details herein are, in fact abridged. The point is made, though, hopefully.

This place is simply not physically safe, and people who want to stay in an afforadable hotel must force themselves to look elsewhere for their own sake.

If we lived in the area, I would have involved the police (and may still, depending on the awaited response of upper management).

One of the managers with whom I spoke on the phone displayed a disgusting indifference to what was described.

This is an attitude we found prolific in this part of Spain, in the stead of conscience and accountability.

But in this case, our physical safety was, in every real sense, threatened by the behavior at this hotel.

STAY AWAY

Room Tip: Not one word of my review is falsehood, or joke. Stay away
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank 228march
HOTEL IBIS BARC... G, Director de Recepción at Ibis Barcelona Montmelo-Granollers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Good evening Mr.,

First of all we apologize for what you notified us of what occurred and we appreciate the time you have taken to inform us.

It’s a well-known fact that Ibis facilities do not offer the porter service you demanded to the housekeeping cleaner.
The housekeeper informed you about this point, any other request should be addressed to reception, as their main duty is cleaning, not portering.
For your next visit, if you would like extra service you need to contact the front desk team;

In this particular case instead, you took your personal phone and started to record the housekeepers while working:
The Spanish Law is really strict on privacy at this point.

So as you surely will understand, they felt threatening because that.

They didn´t react properly, and we apologize from their reaction, so we refunded you the total invoice for the inconvenience.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns

Regards