Bavaria Dream Hotel(Bad Kohlgrub)
US$118
Hotel Waldruh(Bad Kohlgrub)
US$134
US$111
Priceline
Das Johannesbad Hotel(Bad Kohlgrub)
US$210
  • Bar/Lounge
Gastehaus Alpina(Bad Kohlgrub)
All reviewsone nightjuiceamenitiescarpetspabalconymountainsbathcheese
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I slept one night at this hotel after an event of bmw in garmish city, the room was small and the shower was small. The cleaninsness of the rooms was ok. Bed was bad and pillow was horrible.

I would lile to mention that breakfast was superb and delicious with good service.

A good parking underground is included to park your bike.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2017

I stayed at this hotel last week as part of a business trip. I found the rooms to be large and comfortable. The location is good for the mountains. The hotel serves good quality food and has a good swimming pool and Sauna. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Der S, Verkaufsleiter at Hotel Schillingshof, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear Terry,

thank you for your good rating and recommendation.

All the best
Your Schillingshof-team

Reviewed 13 March 2017

My husband and I were part of a tour group who stayed one night in this wonderful hotel. It is located in Bavaria, Germany, 8 kilometers north of Oberammergau. I was told that Bad was the German word for Spa. Good to know! The hotel’s exterior was lovely, with flowers on the railings. The location was in the midst of mountains that provided lots of fresh air and beautiful scenery. The bedroom was slightly larger than average with a small patio/balcony overlooking the front drive. Ask for a room in the rear that would overlook the mountains and valleys. I must comment that although there were other tour buses arriving and departing, I really didn’t hear much noise from outside. The room had carpet for those that may have rug allergies and a tile floor in the bathroom. There was a room refrigerator. The bed were not plush but adequate, and it was not soft as I have experienced with other beds on this particular trip. The bathroom had combination of shower/tub but no amenities of shampoo/conditioner/lotion but there was a sewing kit and shoe shine sponge provided. The only mirrors in the room were in the bathroom - one that was a magnifying mirror attached to the wall and the other was a large one behind the sink. The tub was not as wide as in the USA, and if you do take a bath, you must prepare to step about three feet high before entering into the tub. I was rewarded with abundant hot water though! Enjoy the soak!

The Reception desk personnel were very pleasant and helpful. Since we arrived by bus, we didn’t use parking facilities but the parking deck attached to the hotel appeared to have plentiful spaces. The Wi-Fi was free but slow because of the number of people using it. All in all, the room and parking were fine and truly adequate. However, what I must comment on was the other amenities other than the room.

There was a wonderful bar located adjacent to the Reception area as was the restaurant. The drinks were not exorbitant and quite nice. I enjoyed the surroundings - quiet, intimate but social – if that makes sense. The dinner was pleasant but what I totally enjoyed was the breakfast. It was, by far, the best I have had on this trip. There was even a “boil your own egg” machine. Whoa! There were multiple selections of cheeses, cold cuts, hot foods, hot tea/coffee, juices, you get picture. If I had stayed a week, the pounds would find me easily!

There was an enclosed pool and nearby sauna, and I should have brought my swimsuit! The pool area had panoramic windows overlooking the valley and distant mountains. There were swings located a short distance from the pool area and we enjoyed sitting and looking at the scenery. However, we didn’t stay much more than 15 minutes as it was evening and the weather was quite chilly.

We walked to the ski lift, about 2 blocks from the hotel, but it was not in operation at that time. I don’t ski but there would be enough here for me to just settle in and enjoy the pool and environs without skiing. For animal lovers, we passed cows and sheep located near the lift and the cows had bells around their necks which made either lovely music or was noisy, depending on your mood.

I would definitely return here. Not only was the room comfortable but the food, drinks, hotel staff, pool/sauna and access to the ski lift were above average if not excellent. But, if in October, bring sweaters and overcoats! But, then, I do live in Georgia, USA!

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank Susan J
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I came here for a company team event where we took over the whole hotel. It catered for 200 of us quite easily and had function rooms large enough for us and the food was impressively good Bavarian fare.
The rooms are big enough and fine. Some people mentioned that there is no air conditioning, but I just opened a window.
There is a pool and sauna with quiet room, which were nice. The pool is large and overlooks the mountainside.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Der S, Verkaufsleiter at Hotel Schillingshof, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Dear JPVickers,

we are happy to read your comment on your recent business event at the Schillingshof. We also liked to provide for your team and had a great time with your company. Thank you for your great rating.

Your Schillingshof team

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed recently for a 2 night work trip. All our clients highly enjoyed the bar, breakfast and views around the hotel. The rooms are very clean and of a very high standard. If you fancy eating out, there is a nice traditional restaurant if you come out of the hotel, take a left (up the hill) and the road bends to the right and it's just there infront of you (less than 5 min walk).

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Blobson
Der S, Verkaufsleiter at Hotel Schillingshof, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear Blobson,

thank you very much for your time to rate our hotel! We are happy you and your group enjoyed the business visit. Hope to welcome you again.

Your Schillingshof team