Lowest prices for your stay
US$84
PricelineUS$84
Expedia.comUS$84
Official HotelUS$92
1,039 results
All reviews swimming pool pastries flip flops free parking ham breakfast buffet milan car station euros region rates slippers stopover motorway
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2017

We chose this hotel as an evening stop after getting off the plane before hitting the big city. The hotel is very nice .. located in the bad lands of Saronne .. but a short walk from the station

The room was very nice ... huge ..and the bed one of the most comfy I have slept,on .. slept for hours ...

There was a fridge (great) but no kettle (I'm a tea addict ... what can I say) ... shower was great. The hotel has a very clean and spacy feel and the desk staff were very friendly

Breakfast was a bit of a bun fight ... I was on my holidays and so spent the extra 8€ for two fried eggs ( how many eggs does 8€ buy) anyway. Did enjoy them for what it's worth .. and had a lush carbonara in the restaurant

So in summary ... some good bits .. some not so good bits but on the whole positive.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Chiara-ReceptionMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Starhotels Grand Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear JBMchlachan,

Thank You very much for sharing your feedback about our Starhotels Grand Milan. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we also would like to thank you for your suggestions that are very important for us.

Hoping to welcome you again soon in Saronno we send our best regards.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Large and modern hotel near Malpensa and close to Lake Como. Very friendly staff at check-in. Room was very spacious and well equipped. TV could have been a bit bigger though. Breakfast buffet had plenty to offer and again, friendly staff. For those who care about looking good, they have a large ironing & laundry station in the basement.

Room tip: the area is relatively quiet so no big differences between wings
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Chiara-ReceptionMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Starhotels Grand Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Dear Mr Patrick B,

Thank you so much for the great review of our Starhotels Grand Milan. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we will share your positive feedback with all the staff. We hope to see you soon in Saronno.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Like always a great hotel
Near the Malpensa airport only 45 min to 1 hour away to few of the lakes
Personnel attentive friendly helpful and professional
Rooms extremely clean
Excellent breakfast
Price reasonable

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Chiara-ReceptionMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Starhotels Grand Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Dear Jsaglim19,

Thank you for the great review of our Starhotels Grand Milan! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we will share your feedback with all the staff. We hope to see you soon in Saronno.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I have been staying weekly for last 2.5 years but this is first review i have written. I work for large local company and it is the only local hotel worth stating in and they know it!
Rooms are fine, for a business visit. But only superior rooms have a kettle which is important for me. Make no mistake this is not a Milan hotel, Saronno is in the industrial wasteland of northern Milan. Nice view of decaying building site from some rooms. Apparently they say 20 mins from malpensa airport but it always takes me at least 45 mins. They say 20 mins from Como but i have never tried, you would need to hire a car and drive fast i think. Saronno has some OK restaurants but it is a walk via the railway subway to the town, Ok but i wouldn't do it alone after dark.
Reception staff, some are really great, but others really miserable, you feel like you are lucky if they are even polite to you. So you have to have a positive attitude.
Restaurant is pretty good and staff nice, no complaints there.
Gym is tiny, only two running machines and cycles, a few free weights but not really inspiring. The swimming pool is actually good, maybe 12 meters and sauna and steam room, but check they haven't closed it all, as they only open it during the EXpO exhibition in 2016 so i don't hold my breath they will keep it open now.
So mostly OK for business trip with nothing else nearby. My real complaint to inspire me to write a review is the bar, forget it, if you get served then you are lucky, so many times i have been forced to go by colleagues only to wait 30 mins to be served, 30 mins to get the drink, and then i admit just leaving without paying. Bar staff terrible.
So my message to the management is get a grip on the service, attitude of some of reception but for sure change the bar staff.
I suspect management is complacent because so many local big companies forced to stay there, it could be a great business hotel but service inconsistencies make me think it is mediocre. I would welcome an alternative.
It is no surprise that many hotels i have stayed in have asked me to post a review, but for sure they would never ask you to do that at the starhotel in saronno.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen H
Chiara-ReceptionMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Starhotels Grand Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Stephen H,

Luisa Maria Pagani - General Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Overall my opinion is positive:
-Staff is friendly (with some unfortunate exceptions)
-Breakfast is good (except the espresso which is bad for Italian standards)
-Bedrooms are nice (but internet is dead slow)
Overall, a good 4-star hotel with "room" for improvement.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank santgumos
Chiara-ReceptionMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Starhotels Grand Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear Santiago G.,

Thank you very much for the time that you have spent writing your review on our Starhotels Grand Milan. We are sorry about your "excemptions". We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that not everything was perfect. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.