All reviews hot water rooftop terrace private room incredible views electric blankets rooms are basic a great place to relax western toilet trek gorge courtyard
Reviewed 20 August 2016

We decided to sleep at Come Inn (about 5 minutes before Halfway) and paid 80 yuan for a private room w/private bath. However, we went to the Halfway Lodge for dinner and met tons of travelers. It was clearly THE place that most people stayed. We were happy with our decision because we met some other travelers who were paying 200 yuan for a private room at Halfway. Try the mushrooms, banana pie, chicken with chilies, and tomato and egg soup - the meal was spectacular after a day of hiking.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2016

I spent a night here while hiking the gorge and it was wonderful! The food was delicious (they even made me a vegan meal, yay), the view from my room was incredible, and the overall vibe was really great. I met some awesome people there, and I'm not someone who meets awesome people everywhere. Definitely stay here if you get a chance. I was sad to leave, and hope to get back there some day.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Great room with a spectacular view over Tiger Leaping Gorge. There was no hot water which as disappointing, however other guests said they did have hot water, so I guess its the luck of the drawer. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The deck is sensational, so spectacular. We loved it. The meals were OK, we had the Naxi bread which was quite good. The service was fair.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2016

I spent two nights this past January at this hotel. The owner, Frankie, is a very friendly man who is very good with his guests. The views from his patio area are great. I spent one night here and then walked to another part of the mountain range. The next day I walked back to the Halfway guesthouse. Frankie set me up in a room in the newer part of the hotel. I would highly recommend staying in this newer section of the property since the views of the mountains out your windows are spectacular. All in all the people friendly, and the owner was excellent. I'm very pleased. Steve Gummert USA

Room Tip: Choose the rooms in the newer section of the hotel. The views out your windows are excellent and worth the money.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2016

We arrived there at 5pm and paid 50 kuai for a 10-bed-dorm. Food and drinks were good and prices very fair.
The view from the roof terrace as well as their toilets is amazing, make sure not to miss that!!
But you should notice that it is cold everywhere and that there is no hot water.
I would definitely stay there again when coming back to Tiger Leaping Gorge.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends