Hotels.com
StayForLong
Agoda.com
Priceline
All reviews amazing resort bathrobes and slippers staff works spa area lots of sun beds animation team tennis courts restaurant staff water polo a great week large balcony main building kids club restaurants and bars next year barman corfu
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have wisited this resort with my family of 5 people altogether. We stayed in two separate rooms next to eachother. Rooms were really nice, comfortable bed, nice sheets, lots of room and great modern furniture. Rooms were kept clean everyday by rooms service. What I did not expect was the WiFi around the whole place. Connection was strong and fast. The main facility was well thought out and nicely designed. Food was amazing, different food almost every day, lots of new stuff I haven't tried. Covid restrictions were adequate. Liked the plastic gloves, and masks inside the resort. Staff, shef reception everyone used masks and were still extremly friendly the whole time. Beach was magical, the sea was nice and warm but not too much. That brings me to the acivities that I did. There was an Animation Team, it was made of the best people I could have asked for. Lots of activities to do, different sports, karaoke, disco exc. Even tho I'm 16 I was able to play everything and enjoyed it a lot. One animator stays in my mind up to this day, his name is Gabriel, the best ping-pong player on the whole island :) He was nice, friendly, and really good at all the sports.
Overall it was one of the best vacation I have attendet. I recommend this place to everyone, if you are alone, in pair, family, firm everyone.
(just be carefull, there are little spikes next to a beach wolleyball court)

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank vojtechkocarek
Dimitris Kantalis, Sales at Almyros Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guests we cant thank you enough for your kind comments and review. Its the greatest reward for all of us here in Almyros beach to have seen our guests enjoying their stay with us as much as you did.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was one the best resort choices (in Europe) I have made so far! The place looks better than the photos and the service is fantastic! From the moment I arrived, I was impressed! Martina from reception is great at what she does! She was really helpful and promptly sorted out any issues we had like booking covid tests and airport transfers.

Spiros from the Sales/reservation team who I was in contact with prior to my arrival, came to extend a warm welcome and went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with my stay.

The rooms were very spacious and decorated really well. They were also very clean - evident from how long the cleaning staff take to clean (very thorough). The ones with the sea view are great if you fancy a good view, otherwise if you prefer some peace and quiet you can opt for the garden view which are a bit further from the pool. With this said, hardly got disrupted with any noise from the sea view room other than the one time they were trimming the grass in the morning.

The food was great and they are well organised with Covid measures - best I've seen so far. They had a glove dispenser and masks for guests to use when serving food. All restaurant staff (except the grumpy pizza/pancake guy - but maybe he was having a bad day/s) were very polite and would always greet with a smile. They had options of indoor and outdoor dining. The a-la-carte restaurant is a must try! The food was amazing and the view is an added bonus!

The animation team were super friendly (& talented!) and they made my time there very enjoyable. Lina, Tina, Nicole, Yani & Gabi were always there to dispense great vibes all day!

All in all, this resort is the best place to be if you are looking to relax and unwind with a sandy beach literally a stone throw away! It's a great place for families too as they have kids entertainment and dedicated pool areas, which means those who don't want to be around kids also get to enjoy as well.

Also, don't worry if you don't manage or forget to carry necessities, they have a shop within the resort that literally has everything you need! From Sunscreen, to sunglasses, snacks, swimwear, floaties etc.

The only thing I would say needs to be improved is the entertainment for adults. They have an amazing underground discotheque which would be great if they could open everyday until wee hours. All entertainment ends at 11pm and mostly shows (which are great, don't get me wrong) with disco day on Sunday & Karaoke on Thursday. Though they did explain that they were having issues with the neighbours hence why they can't play music until late, but then again the Discotheque is underground and it could work.

I could go on and on about this place but one thing is for sure, once you get to Almyros Beach Resort, you'll want to stay longer!!

1  Thank Imran K

Dear Imran we cant thank you enough for your kind comments and review. Its the greatest reward for all of us here in Almyros beach to have seen our guests enjoying their stay with us as much as you did.

Reviewed 31 August 2021

We, family of 4 just came back from our holiday to Corfu and very happy that we picked this resort. Rooms and facilities are modern, the pools are cleaned everyday and the staff is super helpful.

We arrived late due to some flight issues but the staff made us feel welcome, they even kept aside some food for our 11pm check in. The room, overlooking the swimming pool and sea was just awesome.
We found the food choices nice and varied. My wife who is vegetarian found no issues with the food although she has struggled at some other locations.
The hotel has a nice private beach with enough sunbeds for all guests. Watching the sunset from there is a super nice experience.

No reviews of this resort can be completed without mentioning the animation team who exactly know how to keep children and adults engaged. Evatz and Tina are very talented entertainers.
The bar has enough choices of drinks and cocktails, served by nice and friendly staff.
The hotel took all COVID precautions and you could see that they were serious about the health and wellbeing of guests and staff.
I will highly recommend this place and will look forward to staying here again.

Room tip: If you can get a sea facing room with private pool then you will really enjoy your time although all rooms looked good!
1  Thank Shailbobby
Dimitris Kantalis, Sales at Almyros Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 24 August 2021

My wife and I stayed at this resort for 5 nights with our 5-year old daughter in August 2021. We paid EUR 260 per night for the all-inclusive package and loved it, except for the animation team. Our subsequent 5-night stay at Hotel Corcyra Beach in Gouvia highlighted the contrast between the two contrasts (see my separate review of Corcyra), and made us appreciate the Almyros Beach Resort all the more.

Location

The resort is located in Achavari along the northeast coast of the island. This was a downside as it is rather isolated, and it is around an hour’s drive away from Corfu town. We paid EUR 70 for a taxi transfer from Bella Venezia hotel in Corfu town, and the taxi driver wasn’t familiar with the resort’s exact location. I fortunately had mobile Internet reception and was able to pinpoint the location for the driver’s benefit.

There is nothing of interest within walking distance of the resort, so be prepared to spend all your time within the resort unless you have a car. This was the one advantage Hotel Corcyra Beach had over Almyros as Corcyra is located in Gouvia village where one could walk to souvenir shops, restaurants and supermarkets located within close proximity to the resort. This is where our frustration with the animation team comes in, which I will discuss in greater detail below. As lovely as this resort is, 5 nights was more than enough for us as the animation team failed to provide entertainment beyond the pool, beach and restaurants.

I also intentionally chose to transfer to another resort closer to Corfu Town and the airport before departing as I did not want to have to spend around 1.5 hours on the road before flying out of Corfu.

Facilities

Room

As other reviews have pointed out, this is a new resort which opened only in 2019 and this is immediately apparent upon arrival. The resort exudes a luxurious and chic feel all throughout. The main building features the buffet restaurant where all three meals are served along with a bar, while there is an a la carte restaurant above on the first floor, while there is a spa, hair salon, and mini market in the basement. There is a large indoor and outdoor dining area.

While I booked the cheapest room at EUR 260 per night for the all-inclusive package, it was very large. A king-size bed welcomes you when you enter the room, and an adjoining antechamber with a single bed leads out to a balcony. The balconies are designed in such a way as to maximise privacy and minimising neighbours’ views of one another. The bathroom sits in-between the bedroom and antechamber.

The air-conditioning was very strong, with separate vents for the bedroom and antechamber. Unlike Corcyra, the air-conditioning did not turn off even when the key card is taken out of the slot. This meant that the room remained cool even when returning after lunch, at the hottest part of the day.

Soap, shower gel and bathroom kits containing cotton buds, nail files and cotton pads are provided. None were provided at Hotel Corcyra Beach. There is also a pleasant-smelling shower gel dispensed in a bottle in the shower cubicle. I normally avoid using the standard shower gel of hotels as they are normally of cheap quality, but I found the one in the dispenser to be of premium quality, gentle and fragrant.

The only design flaws of the bathroom are that the faucet handle is set too far back such that our daughter could not open it on her own and we had to open and close it every time for her, and that there were no towel hooks for bath towels. You thus have no choice but to leave the used towels lying around so they do not dry properly.

The hotel was generous with beach towels. They were provided in the room but you could always request for more at the reception.

Our room 820 was a long walk away from the main building, but we didn’t mind as we were not disturbed by the animation team’s evening performances.

There are two tennis courts at the end of the resort.

Pools

The showcase of the resort is the Olympic-size pool which was absolutely delightful to swim in. There are numerous lounge chairs around the pool, and we never had a problem getting lounge chairs. The pool is at most 1.4 meters in depth, which I loved as I do not like swimming in depths deeper than my height, and deeper depths are dangerous for small kids. The water was pristine, always an accurate indicator of the cleaning frequency. There is also a small kiddie pool of 0.4 meters in depth, with a fountain in the middle.

There is a pool bar which serves drinks. A minor complaint is that the snacks served during the day had to be collected from inside the main building by the restaurant. This was a bit of a trek from the pool, and a much longer walk from the beach.

I now revert to the issue of the animation team. The animation team leads “aqua gym” classes in the morning and afternoon, whereby people swimming can exercise in the water, following the lead of the animator standing by the pool. I initially found this entertaining, only to discover that the classes are virtually identical. Having stayed 5 nights at this resort, I began to get sick of hearing the same music over and over again.

Beach

The resort is across the beach, where you have to cross a small road to access the beach. Having read the reviews, I was initially apprehensive about this but it turned out to be fine. The road is not busy at all, so the beach still feels as if it is part of the resort.

We did experience, however, a lack of lounge chairs by the beach. I even had to carry lounge chairs myself from the pool area to the beach to be able to enjoy the beach on one day. None of the staff members offered to help as I carried two lounge chairs all the way out to the beach.

We also found it unreasonable that the hotel still sought to make money out of so-called “ VIP” huts which cost EUR 20 per day even for all-inclusive guests. These huts is one reason for the limited number of lounge spots at the beach.

The beach itself is nice enough – nothing compared to beaches in the Philippines for instance (see my review of the Bohol Beach Club), but good enough for Europe. The sand was slight rocky. While the water was shallow for some distance, the waves were often too strong for a relaxing swim or wade in the water.

The resort also provides beach paddles and balls and frisbees for free, although this could have been explained more clearly.

Wifi reception was excellent all throughout the resort, reaching even the lounge chairs closest to the beach. The speed of Internet access was also quite decent, especially compared to the terrible Internet coverage at Hotel Corcyra Beach.

Restaurant

The food at the restaurant was very good. There is an omelette and pancake station at breakfast, while grilled vegetables and meat are served during lunch and dinner. Fresh fruits including watermelon and cantaloupe were always available, along with numerous other delectable desserts.

In what appears to be standard for all-inclusive resorts, the drinks served are imitation sodas and wine dispensed from fastfood restaurant-type beverage dispensers. When we transferred to Hotel Corcyra Beach, I would buy Coke Zero bottles from the supermarkets in the area for drinking during meals as the imitation soda was terrible.

It is difficult to secure a reservation at the a la carte restaurant, but we were lucky to be able to do so when someone else cancelled theirs. Not all of the food and drinks on the a la carte menu are part of the all-inclusive package, so this will entail additional expense. We nevertheless enjoyed our dinner here as you have an amazing view of the sunset as well as of the mountains behind the resort. We were just bothered by a lot of insects during our meal. We surmised that we did not experience this while dining at the buffet restaurant due to the constant movement of people in and out of the restaurant and the ceiling fans in the outdoor dining area.

I appreciated the assignment of tables at Hotel Corcyra Beach during peak times as I got into an argument with another family who had taken a table I had reserved with my things prior to getting food. It can thus get quite chaotic during meal times at peak periods.

During the Greek night, pork souvlaki and vegetables were grilled on charcoal grills in the pool area.

Wifi

Wifi at the resort was excellent, with coverage all throughout the premises, all the way up to the beach. The speed of the Internet was also reasonably fast. This was in stark contrast with the terrible Internet at Corcyra.

Staff

The attitude of the staff was alright. The reception staff were not particularly friendly. The restaurant manager would occasionally greet guests as they entered the restaurant, but that was the extent of his hospitality. During peak dining hours, the manager was understandably extremely busy and tidying up tables himself as guests were standing around waiting to be seated while holding heavy plates of food. None of the staff ever really conversed with us, even for just small talk such as how we found the resort, whether we were enjoying ourselves, etc.

Many of the staff were clearly overworked: the old man bartending by the pool could not smile as he worked throughout the hot afternoons wearing a mask; the man at the omelette and pancake station at breakfast was also grilling meat and vegetables during lunch, and was also too tired and hot to smile; and the bellboy who got our things from the room was visibly angry when fielding a call while we were riding in the service cart. There were evidently great demands upon the staff, with one staff member complaining that he just went to get a drink of water.

In contrast, the housekeeping staff member who cleaned our room was friendly, greeting us whenever she saw us in the mornings. She also spoke English well. We did, however, have to point out to her to provide additional soap bars and amenity kits which contained the cotton buds we needed.

Members of the animation team were generally friendly.

Animation team

I’ve already alluded to the aqua gym classes of the animation team. In addition, the team conducts kid’s club activities in the morning and afternoon and stages kid’s disco in the evening and performances afterwards. Similar to the aqua gym classes, the kid’s disco was extremely repetitive, with the same “Just Dance” Youtube videos being projected onto the screen every time. The animation team’s performances in the evening were also quite corny and unimaginative. For instance, the host of the evening performance spends at least 10 minutes providing the same introduction in numerous languages. Guests don’t necessarily need to hear something said in their own language, as English is clearly the common language used with all guests and the presumption is that they will at least understand some English.

This is another area where Hotel Corcyra Beach did better, with live singers and magic shows being genuinely entertaining. Perhaps the distance from Corfu town renders it difficult for the resort to stage other acts, or perhaps the resort wishes to outsource all entertainment to the “Forever Fun” company of the animation team.

If it not for the highly repetitive performances of the animation team, we would’ve been happy to stay at Almyros the entire time rather than transfer to another resort. Had we otherwise spent 10 nights at this resort, we would probably have been at our wits’ end the next time we heard Shakira’s “Waka Waka” song during the aqua gym or the song from Moana during the kid’s disco.

COVID-19 measures

The COVID-19 measures were very good. As with Corcyra, all guests are required to wear masks indoors and use disposable gloves while getting food and drinks from the buffet. We did notice, however, that it was only during the latter part of our stay that a bottle of hand sanitiser was placed on each table rather than just by the buffet table and entrance to the restaurant.

Conclusion

Overall, I highly recommend this resort as excellent value for money, but I strongly advise the resort to upgrade their entertainment. The resort should invite singers to perform, as well as magicians and other forms of entertainment. Given the isolated location of this resort, it is important that there be more sources of entertainment lest their guests get bored and seek to transfer to other resorts. The animation team should also at least vary their performances such that they are different on every day of one week. They can then repeat them on a weekly basis. In contrast, the music and steps of the aqua gym were the same on every single day. So even on only our second day at the resort, the aqua gym steps were already old.

Room tip: Choose a room away from the entertainment area. The swim-up rooms are not desirable in this regard.
2  Thank Invictus5930

Dear Guests we cant thank you enough for your kind comments and review. We are taking very seriously your suggestions and we will dour best improving some of that in relation to the entrainment. We would only like to comment that our location is not isolated as stated. We are just 2.3 klms from Acharavi town, biggest town on the north with plenty of restaurants and bars where Corcyra beach in Gouvia is just 15 minutes drive from Corfu Town. Around the hotel there are 4-5 Traditional tavernas in Walking distance that worth to visit.
Again we would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback and We really hope we will have the chance of hosting you back in Almyros beach in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

I was here with my mother in July 2021. The hotel is only 3 years old, beautiful, very modern and yet lovingly designed. And just a few meters away from the beach!
We felt very comfortable here from the first to the last day. The fitness area is very well equipped and the spa is just great. The food is varied and very good. The service is fantastic, 5 star level and especially to be highlighted is the honest friendliness of the entire staff, I have seldom experienced anything like it! Every wish was read from your eyes! With regard to the corona hygiene measures, far more is being done here than the legal regulations prescribe. Everything is very clean and it is constantly being disinfected.

Date of stay: July 2021