“Would I go back ??? YES”

Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Acharavi
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I traveled to Almyros beach hotel at the beginning of August 2017 with my 2 children, reading some of the previous reviews I was a little worried, but this proved to be totally unfounded (in some places the hotel is a little tired but this didn't stop my children and I having a fabulous holiday)

We arrived at 3am, the night porter was very polite and understanding, efficiently getting us checked in and to the room as soon as possible.

The room was pleasant, two beds downstairs and floor upstairs where my children slept.

If you love the beach this is the location for you as it's less than a stones throw away.

I can't praise the staff enough, from the ladies on reception, the bar men and bar ladies at the three bars, the restaurant, and the cleaners overall the staff were brilliant, nothing was ever too much trouble.

The animation team didn't stop smiling the whole time (I don't know how they managed that), very enthusiastic and always positive. My 8 year old daughter is a little shy and really wanted to join in but didn't quite have the confidence by herself, that was until Rebecca took her under her wing and then I couldn't stop her. Anna, Sam, Dido were excellent too, always making time to chat and try and get you to join in (but not pushy) a tough skill to learn which they all excelled in.

The evening entertainment was good - (my only comment is that the shows seem to rotate weekly so if you are there for 2 weeks you might see the same show twice)

The pool and grounds were kept to a really good standard.

We didn't always eat in the restaurant and often missed breakfast so we would go outside the hotel, where my children could have chocolate crepes from the local beach bar, we also had dinner in three of the local tavernas, all lovely.

Trips
------
- The water park is about a 25 - 30 minute walk and really good.
- Saturday I hired a car and went exploring the island - came across a restaurant called the Golden Fox in Paleokastritsa the views are amazing, food is really good.

All in all a lovely, peaceful break and I wouldn't hesitate to re-book.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Andrew A

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We booked the Filorian hotel (in the center of Acharavi) but 3 days before they told us they were overbooked and they sent us to the Almyros (no alternative options were offered). On the overall, we thought it was worth what we paid (slightly less than 1,000 EUR for 5 nights, 4 people), but it is not a place we'll go back to.

Pros:
- Personnel was very nice, and animation a nice surprise. My kids loved it.
- Pool is big, clean, and never too crowded. Kids pool is nice, too. Beach is just across the street, also very clean.
- Nice tavernas where to eat nearby.

Cons:
- In the middle of nowhere. Renting a car highly recommended.
- Food was disappointing... kind of like eating at a lower quality school canteen. (Though to be fair we always managed to find one or two palatable options) Soft drinks are made from tap water and tasted distinctively salty to me.
- Family room is made of a lower floor with two (separate) beds, and a higher one with two more. The floor above is NOT suitable for kids as railing protections are highly unsafe (even an adult can easily pass through the bars); and it becomes a heat trap in hot days - no window above and air conditioning placed below means it takes hours to make the air cool down.
- Bathroom badly needed refurbishing. No stoppers in sink nor tub. Shower screen old and broken.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Giulia S
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Just returned from a one week stay at this hotel (28 July to 4 August) - party of 2 adults and 2 children (aged 2yrs and 8 yrs). Hotel was decent enough. Room was ok. I understand that a massive renovation of the rooms is scheduled to commence during the autumn - our room could definitely do with a bit of a sprucing up.

Reception staff were polite and always helpful. Dining staff were also very polite and efficient with clearing plates from tables. I mostly eat vegetarian food, but also eat fish classified as kosher (i. e. fish with scales and fins). There was always a decent salad bar, and most times there was two and sometimes three vegetarian and/or kosher fish dishes from which I could choose. The buffet was far from being the biggest buffet I have seen when I compare it with stays at other AI hotels, however, I found the food to be fairly tasty and the vegetarian options reasonably pleasant. My husband and 8 yr old do eat meat (i. e. chicken, lamb, and beef), and most times found those dishes to be tasty, and the meat nice and tender. Dishes were not always labelled, but there was always a staff member close by who I could ask whether a dish was vegetarian and whether or not a dish contained pork which we also do not eat.

The adult and children's pools were both very nice, and the areas were kept clean; there are more than enough sun beds. Umbrellas could be a bit hard to come by, but one can only fit so many umbrellas around a pool. The beach was separated from the hotel by a quiet road, so only a step away. The beach could really do with a good clean up, of shrubs, grasses, and sea weed in the water. It is a mainly pebbly beach, with some areas of fine sand which my kids still enjoyed playing in. As you head further east along the beach there are areas of smooth slabs of stone along the coast line and some rock pools. The water appears very clean however.
I found the beach in Sidari, which is not too long a drive away, to be much nicer; its a fine sandy beach with shallow, calm, waters, so a lot safer for children.
Also enjoyed the most amazing views of the sunset on the beach and the mountains in Albania.

Animation team was great - they are all full of energy and did a great job with the pool-side games, entertainment, aqua aerobics etc., as well as the children's entertainment programme each night. My kids really enjoyed going to the mini disco each evening. Went to a couple of the nightly shows which were also very enjoyable and entertaining.
Overall, we all had a lovely stay at Almyros Beach hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerrie S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I never usually write reviews, but before coming to this hotel I was really worried after reading all of the previous trip advisor reviews. So I just want to put everyone's minds at rest, because there was absolutely nothing to worry about. The scenery at this hotel definitely makes it, the beach is literally 3 steps away, it's so pretty! The pool area and bar was always very clean and the pool was always lovely and blue! The wifi in the hotel was free and worked everywhere - even in our rooms and we never had any problems with it. All of the staff were so welcoming and made the week away so fun. Rebecca, Alexandros, Dan, Anna, Mihai, Costos and Thomas are just a few members of staff who stood out to us, it would not have been the same without them all! Only thing I would suggest would be to put labels on all of the food, just because I am quite fussy so liked to know what I was eating before I tried it. Overall though, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, having massive holiday blues at the moment so would return in an instant!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 June 2017

After reading previous comments we were a little unsure of what to expect at this hotel. Arrived on Saturday 27th May 2017 lovely welcome at reception and taken to our rooms. We were a party of 5 adults and a 19 month old baby and a 7 year old. Rooms were clean and recently painted, spotless bedding new towels some of which still had the labels on. The hotel had only been reopened the day before and there were only a few visitors at the start of the week, but it did fill up during our time there. Excellent breakfast from the full English, to continental - wide variety of options. The lunch and dinners were also very appetising and plenty of choices. The animation team looked after us well from aqua aerobics to painting with the children. We did venture into the town, great choices of restaurants and again beautiful beach locations.
All the staff looked after us extremely well and were very polite, helpful and approachable.
The holiday was far better that we thought it was going to be - would definitely go back. Please do not go by previous feedback as the hotel has upgraded their, accommodation, food and overall standards and it would be a pity to miss out on such a lovely location.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank Melanie E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acharavi
2.9 km away
43 km away
Sandy Beach Resort
Sandy Beach Resort
#2 of 15 in Agios Georgios

Been to Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL? Share your experiences!