I traveled to Almyros beach hotel at the beginning of August 2017 with my 2 children, reading some of the previous reviews I was a little worried, but this proved to be totally unfounded (in some places the hotel is a little tired but this didn't stop my children and I having a fabulous holiday)
We arrived at 3am, the night porter was very polite and understanding, efficiently getting us checked in and to the room as soon as possible.
The room was pleasant, two beds downstairs and floor upstairs where my children slept.
If you love the beach this is the location for you as it's less than a stones throw away.
I can't praise the staff enough, from the ladies on reception, the bar men and bar ladies at the three bars, the restaurant, and the cleaners overall the staff were brilliant, nothing was ever too much trouble.
The animation team didn't stop smiling the whole time (I don't know how they managed that), very enthusiastic and always positive. My 8 year old daughter is a little shy and really wanted to join in but didn't quite have the confidence by herself, that was until Rebecca took her under her wing and then I couldn't stop her. Anna, Sam, Dido were excellent too, always making time to chat and try and get you to join in (but not pushy) a tough skill to learn which they all excelled in.
The evening entertainment was good - (my only comment is that the shows seem to rotate weekly so if you are there for 2 weeks you might see the same show twice)
The pool and grounds were kept to a really good standard.
We didn't always eat in the restaurant and often missed breakfast so we would go outside the hotel, where my children could have chocolate crepes from the local beach bar, we also had dinner in three of the local tavernas, all lovely.
- The water park is about a 25 - 30 minute walk and really good.
- Saturday I hired a car and went exploring the island - came across a restaurant called the Golden Fox in Paleokastritsa the views are amazing, food is really good.
All in all a lovely, peaceful break and I wouldn't hesitate to re-book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Almyros Natura" is situated on the northern shoreline of the beautiful island of Corfu at a distance of 38,5 kilometers from the city of Corfu and the airport. It is classified officially by the Greek Authorities and the Tour Operators as a Four-Star hotel. Its location in a wide area of particular physical beauty puts the Hotel where nature is at its best. Hence its name "Natura". Built on a flat coast, the Hotel Complex touches the golden sand beach and the turquoise waters of the Ionian Sea, while it is surrounded by green fields and wooded hills. It is this environment that induces us to address you the invitation: «come to share with us the real luxury: the beauty of nature». ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almyros Natura Hotel - CYPROTEL Corfu/Acharavi