2,017 results
All reviews champagne bar hotel shuttle outdoor infinity pool star hotel sea view le meridien lav private beach shuttle service beautiful hotel tennis courts spalatum restaurant pool staff palms restaurant large hotel breakfast buffet deluxe room steam room
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Overall a pretty decent resort hotel - based on my research, one of the best around. Its a 15 min cab/shuttle ride away from old town Split. Rooms are a little bit dated for a 5 star hotel but the common areas e.g. the lobby, gym etc seem recently renovated. The beach area, pool and tennis courts are also very nice.

The Italian restaurant on the property was really good. We ate at a couple of other restaurants also but the quality of food there was average. I'd recommend going to Old Town if you are looking for a good meal.

Housekeeping service needs improvement. There were multiple times when they didn't refill tea/coffee, water bottles, towels etc. Not something that you expect at a luxury hotel.

The beds are nice and comfortable. The AC controls are a little weird. You cannot set the temperature to a desired number. You can only take it up or down 3 degrees from the current temperature. It works fine but still this is the first time I saw a controller like that.

The WiFi connection was also a little odd. It only lets you connect 3 devices per room (I am a SPG Gold member BTW). For a family of 4 - each one with a cell and an ipad/tablet, it didn't work so well.

Overall a decent property. Other than some of the above mentioned quirks - we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

The 2nd stay out of 3 Starwood properties in Croatia. I can say this one was worse than the first.
The good: Lovely platinum check-in complete with champagne. Full recognition of status and even though they could not upgrade us to a suite we felt like valued customers. A nice welcome note and welcome goodie. (I love the welcome goodies). Breakfast was good with a nice range of items. Omelette station was solid. Nice reserved area for gold and platinum in even though we didn’t use it. It’s a nice touch. That is where the good ends.

The bad: went in or room, toilet paper and un-flushed toilet. Stains on the floor and really hard bed. Called housekeeping and went down to the beach. Sitting under and umbrella and it was taken while we are sitting with no one saying anything and the bar and he grumpy guy complains about his tip. Mind you we stayed at the Aman in Montenegro and it was 1500 more a night for the hotel but the drinks were almost half the price.

Issue with he shuttle but I will chop it up to more of a misunderstanding. Also had snacks at the Champagne bar. Everything but the cheese plate is frozen and reheated (so nasty).

Came back to vomit on the floor of the hallway to our room, said something to the manager at the front desk and he snapped back. I already know, housekeeping has not come. Unacceptable response.

I left feeling that hotels in Croatia were horrible and not up to American or my standards however we went to Dubrovnik and had a lovely stay at the Hilton.

After complaining, they did try their best to remedy the situation and although there are some bright spots within this hotel, none of us would go back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
TanjaP1023, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Lav Split, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Angelique C,

Thank you for choosing hotel Le Meridien Lav, Split for your recent stay in Croatia and providing us with your valuable feedback.
We are genuinely sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced in our service on several occasions. We completely understand that this had an impact on the enjoyment of your stay here with us and we appreciate the given opportunity to apologize and redeem for the disappointment. You can rest assured that all your notes are taken extremely seriously, and we have already taken the steps to prevent any recurrence in the future.
I am very sorry to know that you found our offering at Champagne Bar taste as it was frozen and reheated. From salads, burgers and sandwiches to small bites - everything is freshly prepared when ordered. Our Chef will certainly look into this and discuss it with his team.
Despite the inconveniences you have encountered, I am glad to note that we made you fell as a recognized and a valued guest as we truly see you as such. We would cherish the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel to regain your confidence in our services.

Tanja Penovic

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Overall pretty good. I had two stays in a week when visiting old town Split and then Island Harv.
Resort hotel a short drive from the old town (about 5km). A nice and well maintained seashore hotel with a yacht port and private beach. Nice and comfortable deluxe sea view rooms (although no coffee machine no wine glasses no executive lounge).
No one attending the lobby main door (so no one greets customers nor answer questions nor help with anything upon arrival).
First stay no welcome fruit and only one bottle of water (oh I am a SPG platinum member). Second stay some welcome snacks and more water.
And something confusing: Upon check in of my first stay, I was told that the breakfast restaurant has an designated area for platinum members. But it turned out to be free seating anywhere - and I was walking around unable to find a clean table. (Looks like tour groups packed the restaurant right before. The restaurant returned to normal after the tour groups left. Many SPG hotels in Croatia are turning into tour groups hotels....)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Visited for a week and really enjoyed Le Meridien. Originally booked a classic sea view room but it was on the first floor above restaurants so we asked if they had anything else as we thought may be a little noisy in the evenings and they kindly gave us a superior sea view room on the 9th floor without hesitation and this was much more to our liking. Rooms are not luxurious but are very spacious and clean. There wasn't tea/ coffee in room initially but when we asked they promptly had a kettle put in the room.
Breakfast choice was very good, lovely fresh fruit, yogurts and pastries, and lots of cooked options but I found them not very hot. Coffee was good and though hotel was full we never had to wait for a table and staff were helpful.
The hotel has various restaurants. We didn't try the buffet one. Conlemani very good Italian with good choice and generous portions. Gooshters beach bar was again good. 7 Palms we were disappointed with the quality of food and was very expensive.
Lots of sun beds around the pool and beaches, goosters was the better beach I thought, small with good beach bar with nice food and drinks. Beaches are shingle but didn't find that a problem.
Shuttle service into Split was good 70kuna return. Split was very busy in the daytime and old town much nicer in the evening. Olive Tree on quay nice for drinks & people watching. Positano was very good restaurant just of main square inside palace.
We did the 4 island tour from the hotel with Coastal Experience and though pricey was a great day out and would recommend.
To summarise the hotel is very good if a little expensive but a good option if you don't want to be in Split and would recommend to anyone visiting the area

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights here, and really enjoyed our stay overall. Gym was recently renovated, and is brand new, large, and has a ton of equipment. The resort was pretty quiet overall, and we never had issues with beach chairs or having too many people in the pool area like others have stated, so this was a huge plus. I am a Platinum member, and the free daily breakfast buffet was awesome. Good if you just want some great coffee and a croissant, and the omelette station was quick and done well. We ate at the Italian restaurant on site, and the pizza and pastas were solid. Only real knock I have of the hotel was the housekeeping. After the 1st day, and seeing how they only really made the bed(didn’t refill bathroom products or waters), I decided to just “make a green choice” and collect the points, then used the app for towels, etc. We never ended up using the hotel shuttle service into Split, as the times didn’t really work for us, and Uber’s were only 50 kuna more. So just keep in mind, if you want to go to the old town, it was usually a $40 Uber r/t. We knew this going into it, so I cannot say this is a negative for the hotel. You are giving up old town access, for the beach, which is what we wanted.

Stayed: September 2018