See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights at this wonderful working ranch in the middle of nowhere with total peace and quiet. The ranch has superb views in all directions in the Torres del Paine. The staff could not have been more helpful. However this is pure simplicity. Rooms are spacious and with good views. Do not expect sophisticated luxury but a warm welcome and simple home cooked food. It is not easy to find and a pre visit to their office in Puerto Natales will provide you with a detailed map. The downside is a 12 km rough road from the entrance gate to the ranch. We really loved our stay there.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a totally different location than you will see on Google Maps or maps.me! I believe this hotel is most often booked via booking.com (so did we) and there the location is (conveniently) falsely displayed. It is not on ruta 160, but a dirt road. I added a few screenshots to show the difference. FYI on the screenshots I used the Amarga entrance as an example, since at this time the Sarmiento road is closed (as is the road from Pto. Natales to Lago Grey by the way). The hotel is actually on the other side of the Rio de las Chinas. The road that you see crossing this river close to the hotel cannot be used when its high water - which is basically always the case. You will need to drive all the way via ruta 9 and then 5km last puento negro there is a bad 12km long dirt road. Because of the bad conditions of the road it will take you 75-90 minutes. It's an expensive hotel (we paid 110.000 per nigt after discounts), which we decided to book because we thought it is maximum half an hour drive from Torres del Paine based on the google maps location displayed on booking.com. Just to be sure others do not make the same mistake as we did we are writing this 1 star review.

We went to the central office in Puerto Natales to inform them about this and ask to fix this false information. Obviously they already know and already received many complaints. So we are not sure if it will be fixed or further exploited. Probably the latter, since I see similar remarks dating even as far as 2 years ago. If only we would have checked TA before booking... we didn't, but hope this helps others in their decision process!

To be fair - if you do not mind the high prices and the very long drive this is a good hotel with very kind staff. Views of the mountains (incl. the Torres!) are beautiful and the rooms are comfortable. Unfortunately dinner is very expensive (20.000) and not of good quality, but since the hotel is so far away from civilization you don't have much of a choice than to take it.

Because of the location we think this hotel is really bad value for money.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Karin v
Reviewed 9 March 2017

We stayed for 3 nights towards the end of February, we loved it. The rooms/bathrooms/building is all very new looking and top notch. The family was very nice and welcoming, it was hard to leave after our 3 days. There is English spoken there but not by everyone, we got by just fine. My spanish is lacking, I wish I spoke it better just so I could have asked them more questions about the place! I couldn't have loved it anymore for how remote and disconnected it is. Some people might not like that there is only power for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours at night by generator, but it's one of the many things I loved about it. Of course we were there for Torres del Paine, but staying at the estancia was an experience all in itself. I've never been somewhere truly so remote and beautiful. As mentioned in other reviews, if you are lucky enough to get a clear morning, get up early enough to see the sunrise on the towers. We enjoyed all the food and didn't think the prices were bad at all, that food has to come a long way! Anywhere that remote prices will be higher, it's a fact of life. I'm sure it's no better at any other hotel in the area. And as far as water, the tap water was great. We filled up bottles every morning before going into the park. We stayed many places throughout Chile, and the tap water was good at everyone of them.
As mentioned before also, you have to be aware of your gas situation and plan accordingly! It's the only weak link for staying there. It took us a solid hour to get from the ranch into the park each day. We had a 4x4 but the river was too high to cross for the short cut. Luckily we were able to get 10L of fuel from a hotel in the park. Once you leave Puerto Natales, drive as economically as possible and try to plan your route the best to save fuel! The only improvement I could suggest is if they had fuel on site for people to buy, and more than 10 liters at a time. They could have charged me whatever they wanted for it and I wouldn't have cared, I just wanted more fuel to explore more! You can get to the ranch in a normal car, the 4x4 is only really required if you want to try fording the river for the shortcut.

So in conclusion, we loved it there. I would go back just to unwind there and experience the wide open spaces and views, even without Torres del Paine. Pet Boss the yellow lab for me when you go there!

Room Tip: Be advised that if you are on the far left of the building, the heat takes awhile to kick in once the power turns on!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ben K
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Remote would be the first description that comes to mind. They compensated a bit by selling us gasoline to enable us to cover the distances to the main park attractions.

As I told my travel companions, the place gives you a very
real taste of life on a sheep estancia. Menu choices are not really available, food is generally unspectacular, and modern conveniences (heat, electricity) in short supply. Quite tranquil, horses are beautiful, and the only rough stretch of road is the final 12 K to the ranch. The rest of the drive back and forth to the park is long but scenic.

The staff really are delightful,but you probably need to speak some Spanish to appreciate them. If you stay here,it's worth getting up for the sunrise..if weather is somewhat clear, it will be one of the most beautiful views of the Torres you will ever have.

So decide what your priorities are....

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2017

First let me say the scenery and remoteness is suburb! The meals were adequate and some of the staff were friendly but English was not well understood or spoken.
There is no hot tub as stated. Also, drinkable water only for purchase and at a premium. Since the estancia is far civilization, best to stop on the way and stock up on water.
Wifi is available in a way if you climb a nearby hill. It was fun but if you need to contact anyone not convenient.
The estancia is operated by a generator and power is shut down at 11pm. So get all done and tucked in by then.
The location is above average however know what you are signing up for.

Stayed: February 2017