All reviews chicken mayo butler service santa maria lobster a la carte diamond club dinner reservations pool bar the bus breakfast and lunch buffets pizza beach grill adults only section bottles of liquor golf cart vacation enjoyable other resorts
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in Sanctuary for a week and it was our first time in Santa Maria (been only to Varadero before). The best thing about it is ocean. The beach is gorgeous, no matter what weather or time of the day it is. Food was better than we expected - shrimps and octopus almost every day, plus a great variety of fish. Same is with meat: a few options for meat (my husband was afraid of lack of food, but all seemed just fine).
The resort didn’t seem that busy so we could enjoy the pool or other facilities without crowds of people. Ping pong in Memories was a place where we spent a lot of time. Special thanks to an entertainment team - Lazeca, Leonel, Denyi, Eduardo, Richard and Leisley. If you want to know how to play pool or ping pong they will kindly help you. Also, our gardener Diego was very kind to provide us coconuts every time we asked him. Jordy, our butler from Bungalow 60 was very helpful as well!

All in all it was a great experience, except some minor details (rooms need to be upgraded; and MOSQUITOS are everywhere even though they spray it couple times a day).

Thank you Sanctuary and Grand Memories, we are planning to come back!

Regards,
Anastasiia

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnaMKV
Director_General2018, Director General at Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Anastasia,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are happy to know you enjoyed your time at Sanctuary and our food reached your expectations in terms of taste and variety. What makes us really happy is to know our staff was so great with you. We will let the members you have mentioned know about your kind regards. It’s wonderful to hear our guests have such a nice time with us.
We are looking forward to receiving you back.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

I visited this resort for the 3rd time in the last 2 years. Again, the ocean and beach are beautiful!! My husband and I ate at the beach grill everyday! It has amazing variety with fresh caught grilled fish, chicken and hamburgers, pork, turkey, lagostina and some fresh raw vegetables to add to it. It was amazing to sit on the beach eating this delicious food.

September begins low season so I did notice that there were some inconsistencies in the level of service offered in addition to food at the restaurants and buffets did not have as much variety. I will chalk this up to low season and not be critical.

I had a breathtaking view of the beach and pool in Bungalow 61! Thank you again for giving me a beautiful room with a balcony. I want to thank Zury who was extremely helpful to me although she was not my room maid. The room was cleaned up adequately - thank you!

Finally I want to thank Liz Sandra for so much fun in the evenings with the dancing. You guys have really improved the evening entertainment. I enjoyed the Cuban band and the White night with the aquatic ballet/dance show by the pool after the amazing seafood night! The shows was extremely well done and the buffet was delicious! There was always dancing after the entertainment which was very fun and an improvement from when I was there in April. Thank you to all of the entertainment team. There was also dance lessons on the beach at noon which I sometimes missed but overall there was more activity this time I visited so I really enjoyed that!

Thanks again, Sanctuary at Grand Memories! I hope to visit again in the future and will continue to recommend this resort to others.

Room tip: Ask for Bungalow 61 - 2nd or 3rd floor if you can do stairs and beach view!
7  Thank dolores777
Director_General2018, Director General at Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Dolores,

Thank you very much for the time you took to leave a review about your stay with us. It is a pleasure to hear you had such an amazing time at our resort and you liked our gorgeous beach and the delicious food at the grill bar. Moreover, we are proud to know you enjoyed our entertainment activities and you saw the improvement we made on that department with such an amazing staff. What makes us truly happy is to know our staff was so attentive with you. We will say helo to Zury and Liz Sandra. They will be very happy to hear about your comment.
Thank you for choosing Sanctuary for your vacation. We hope to receive you again soon for a fourth time at your home in paradise.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2018

We stayed at the resort for a week.
Breath taking beach and ocean.
The amazing staff who made a big difference in our stay.
Our big thanks to Glendy and Claudia - who made my birthday the special one.
Also, We had the best maid Aliyani, who provide the best room service you can imagine.
Great variaty of food for breakfast and amazing beach grill. Special thank you to the beach bar tender- Alexandro and beach grill chef- great grilled fish.
For dinner, we had very limited choices: International and Cuban restaurant had the same menu, Mexican and Italian wasn't great.
Sea food night was outrageous.
Beatiful grounds and pool, Rooms need a good upgrate ( we stayed in #61).
Overall it is a good resort with great staff.

Room tip: Ask for renovated room
5  Thank Alex&Nataly V
Director_General2018, Director General at Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Alex,

Thank you for leaving a review about your experience at our resort. We are glad to know we reached you expectations and you enjoyed your time here. We are very proud to know your highlights were our amazing staff and our beautiful beach. Thank you for mentioning every person of our team who took care of you. It is a big motivation for them to hear our guests remember the good job they did. We will forward your message to all of them.
Thank you for choosing us, we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I stayed at Sanctuary Grand memories in Santa Maria 2 weeks ago for a week. Honestly, everything was much better than expected. The rooms are beautifully renovated and very clean. I really liked the layout of the resort, and was happy that their were shuttles that could bring you around the hotel as well as to Grand Memories Resort. I noticed that they're were landscaper's working around the resort almost everyday. The vegetation and landscaping was beautiful. The beach was beautiful, as they are in Cuba; however one morning we had a heard of Jelly-fish pass by the hotel beach. We had to be careful, as they we're stinging people. After a day or two, they left and the beach was clear. As for the staff, they were very friendly. We had a butler named Luis, who was really entertaining, knew how to make us laugh. He taught us a lot about how it is living in cuba. On the morning's we had excursions and did not see him, he booked our a la cartes for us in advance. The entertainment at the hotel was great, there was something to do at the beach and by the pool everyday! We had the chance of meeting a young lady named Liz-Sandra who was finishing up her schooling as an entertainer at Sanctuary. She was always very welcoming and made an effort to practice her English with us. As for the food; we ate one breakfast and one lunch before we discovered that the buffet at Grand Memories was not only bigger but better. We continued eating at Grand Memories all week. We even had a regular waiter; Jose! He was really friendly, and taught me how to ask for a Sangria in Spanish, Tinto Verrano! I was a little disappointed that we didn't have a chance to properly say goodbye to him! Excursions we're great, food much better on the excursions. Only two things to comment, on the Jeep Safari excursion, the sunwing rep did not tell us we would be going in a river, therefore we did not bring our bathing suits nor our water shoes. The second was on the speed boat excursion; when we stopped for snorkeling, I was given a mask that was leaking, I used it for about 20 minutes before I was fed up and asked for another one. The instructor said no and claimed it was the best mask and that I wasn't putting it on properly. After arguing he gave me another. Overall I give the trip a 8.5/10. I had a terrific time, minus some small details.

5  Thank Manduh-Kristy R

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all Sanctuary staff, we would like to give you a thank you for providing part of your time to share a review about your stay with us. We are glad to know we reached your expectations and you enjoyed our service, our beautiful beach, our gardens and facilities. It is always a pleasure to hear our guests have such a memorable time at our little paradise and appreciate they great effort our staff does to offer a wonderful stay. Your words are our best reward after everyday work. We will say hello to all the members of our staff you have mentioned. They will be proud to hear about your words.
Thank you for choosing us. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is small but it has a charming ambiance that gets you into a relaxing mood. I went with my mom and we both left feeling peaceful and eager to go back to Cuba and explore more. The asset to this hotel is definitely the staff. There are many repetitive guests and we are planning on being part of the family. The cleanliness, the food and the service are the main purposes of the personnel. Thank yoy Juana for all your time and attention. Thank you Junior and Evlyn for follow up with all my petitions. My mom and I will always appreciate this and we will be back in the future. Love you all.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank SuperECastro
Director_General2018, Director General at Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Trust me we I say your review made us really happy. We would like to give you a big thank you for proving part of your time on writing a review about your stay with us. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed our food and service. We are also really happy to know our staff took care of you during your days at Sanctuary. We will say hello to Juana, Junior and Evelyn. They will be very happy to hear from you.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon at you new home in paradise.

Warm regards,