All reviews butler service chicken mayo diamond club dinner reservations lobster santa maria a la carte beach grill pool bar adults only section the bus bottles of liquor breakfast and lunch buffets grand buffet pizza other resorts golf cart
Reviewed 14 September 2018

I visited this resort for the 3rd time in the last 2 years. Again, the ocean and beach are beautiful!! My husband and I ate at the beach grill everyday! It has amazing variety with fresh caught grilled fish, chicken and hamburgers, pork, turkey, lagostina and some fresh raw vegetables to add to it. It was amazing to sit on the beach eating this delicious food.

September begins low season so I did notice that there were some inconsistencies in the level of service offered in addition to food at the restaurants and buffets did not have as much variety. I will chalk this up to low season and not be critical.

I had a breathtaking view of the beach and pool in Bungalow 61! Thank you again for giving me a beautiful room with a balcony. I want to thank Zury who was extremely helpful to me although she was not my room maid. The room was cleaned up adequately - thank you!

Finally I want to thank Liz Sandra for so much fun in the evenings with the dancing. You guys have really improved the evening entertainment. I enjoyed the Cuban band and the White night with the aquatic ballet/dance show by the pool after the amazing seafood night! The shows was extremely well done and the buffet was delicious! There was always dancing after the entertainment which was very fun and an improvement from when I was there in April. Thank you to all of the entertainment team. There was also dance lessons on the beach at noon which I sometimes missed but overall there was more activity this time I visited so I really enjoyed that!

Thanks again, Sanctuary at Grand Memories! I hope to visit again in the future and will continue to recommend this resort to others.

Room Tip: Ask for Bungalow 61 - 2nd or 3rd floor if you can do stairs and beach view!
7  Thank dolores777
Director_General2018, Director General at Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Dolores,

Thank you very much for the time you took to leave a review about your stay with us. It is a pleasure to hear you had such an amazing time at our resort and you liked our gorgeous beach and the delicious food at the grill bar. Moreover, we are proud to know you enjoyed our entertainment activities and you saw the improvement we made on that department with such an amazing staff. What makes us truly happy is to know our staff was so attentive with you. We will say helo to Zury and Liz Sandra. They will be very happy to hear about your comment.
Thank you for choosing Sanctuary for your vacation. We hope to receive you again soon for a fourth time at your home in paradise.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2018

We stayed at the resort for a week.
Breath taking beach and ocean.
The amazing staff who made a big difference in our stay.
Our big thanks to Glendy and Claudia - who made my birthday the special one.
Also, We had the best maid Aliyani, who provide the best room service you can imagine.
Great variaty of food for breakfast and amazing beach grill. Special thank you to the beach bar tender- Alexandro and beach grill chef- great grilled fish.
For dinner, we had very limited choices: International and Cuban restaurant had the same menu, Mexican and Italian wasn't great.
Sea food night was outrageous.
Beatiful grounds and pool, Rooms need a good upgrate ( we stayed in #61).
Overall it is a good resort with great staff.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room
5  Thank Alex&Nataly V
Director_General2018, Director General at Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Alex,

Thank you for leaving a review about your experience at our resort. We are glad to know we reached you expectations and you enjoyed your time here. We are very proud to know your highlights were our amazing staff and our beautiful beach. Thank you for mentioning every person of our team who took care of you. It is a big motivation for them to hear our guests remember the good job they did. We will forward your message to all of them.
Thank you for choosing us, we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I stayed at Sanctuary Grand memories in Santa Maria 2 weeks ago for a week. Honestly, everything was much better than expected. The rooms are beautifully renovated and very clean. I really liked the layout of the resort, and was happy that their were shuttles that could bring you around the hotel as well as to Grand Memories Resort. I noticed that they're were landscaper's working around the resort almost everyday. The vegetation and landscaping was beautiful. The beach was beautiful, as they are in Cuba; however one morning we had a heard of Jelly-fish pass by the hotel beach. We had to be careful, as they we're stinging people. After a day or two, they left and the beach was clear. As for the staff, they were very friendly. We had a butler named Luis, who was really entertaining, knew how to make us laugh. He taught us a lot about how it is living in cuba. On the morning's we had excursions and did not see him, he booked our a la cartes for us in advance. The entertainment at the hotel was great, there was something to do at the beach and by the pool everyday! We had the chance of meeting a young lady named Liz-Sandra who was finishing up her schooling as an entertainer at Sanctuary. She was always very welcoming and made an effort to practice her English with us. As for the food; we ate one breakfast and one lunch before we discovered that the buffet at Grand Memories was not only bigger but better. We continued eating at Grand Memories all week. We even had a regular waiter; Jose! He was really friendly, and taught me how to ask for a Sangria in Spanish, Tinto Verrano! I was a little disappointed that we didn't have a chance to properly say goodbye to him! Excursions we're great, food much better on the excursions. Only two things to comment, on the Jeep Safari excursion, the sunwing rep did not tell us we would be going in a river, therefore we did not bring our bathing suits nor our water shoes. The second was on the speed boat excursion; when we stopped for snorkeling, I was given a mask that was leaking, I used it for about 20 minutes before I was fed up and asked for another one. The instructor said no and claimed it was the best mask and that I wasn't putting it on properly. After arguing he gave me another. Overall I give the trip a 8.5/10. I had a terrific time, minus some small details.

5  Thank Manduh-Kristy R

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all Sanctuary staff, we would like to give you a thank you for providing part of your time to share a review about your stay with us. We are glad to know we reached your expectations and you enjoyed our service, our beautiful beach, our gardens and facilities. It is always a pleasure to hear our guests have such a memorable time at our little paradise and appreciate they great effort our staff does to offer a wonderful stay. Your words are our best reward after everyday work. We will say hello to all the members of our staff you have mentioned. They will be proud to hear about your words.
Thank you for choosing us. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is small but it has a charming ambiance that gets you into a relaxing mood. I went with my mom and we both left feeling peaceful and eager to go back to Cuba and explore more. The asset to this hotel is definitely the staff. There are many repetitive guests and we are planning on being part of the family. The cleanliness, the food and the service are the main purposes of the personnel. Thank yoy Juana for all your time and attention. Thank you Junior and Evlyn for follow up with all my petitions. My mom and I will always appreciate this and we will be back in the future. Love you all.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank SuperECastro
Director_General2018, Director General at Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Trust me we I say your review made us really happy. We would like to give you a big thank you for proving part of your time on writing a review about your stay with us. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed our food and service. We are also really happy to know our staff took care of you during your days at Sanctuary. We will say hello to Juana, Junior and Evelyn. They will be very happy to hear from you.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon at you new home in paradise.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2018

I entered Cuba with no expectations. My main goal was to relax and enjoy the beautiful ocean! I was greeted by friendly and enthusiastic staff who made an effort to ensure we were welcomed.
In the late night we were able to enjoy snacks, such as, pizza, French fries and hamburgers.
They served a variety of mixed drinks and alcohol which was readily available at the lounge, beach and pool. The rooms were cleaned daily and towels formed into make shift animals. It was really cute!
Breakfast was served with a variety of foods to choose from. The lunch buffet was exceptional when you chose grilled meat or sea food, with rice and vegetables. Dinner was always good if you made reservations for special meals at their restaurants, such as, Mexican food or authentic Cuban food.
We thought they would acknowledge our honeymoon as I contacted them a week earlier, requesting special acknowledgement for my spouse in celebration of our recent nuptials. They never did acknowledge it. I believe it is not a complimentary thing they do.
The hotel stated that they would provide bath robes during the stay but it was never provided in the hotel room, which was fine. I believe that if you need one you must request it.
The one thing I didn’t appreciate from the hotel is how they handled conflicts. As we were checking out of the hotel we were approached by Walter and an angry Leidy (cleaning staff) who accused us of taking bath robes. We explained that we had never received any during our stay and offered to open our luggage to ensure we didn’t have it. At that time we thought it was resolved. Instead we were approached by a few additional staff and vacationers throughout the hour asking us to return robes we never received. It was then revealed that Leidy had complained to staff and vacationers that we had taken the robes that we had never used or was provided to us during our stay. We were embarrassed and annoyed that the issue had escalated to where vacationers were now involved, when we thought it had been resolved. Management never apologized or rectified the issue. It was a little disappointing as I wanted to leave on a good note.
Overall it was a good trip because we made the best out of it, but it ended poorly due to unnecessary drama, and lack of provision with what they stated they would provide to vacationers.
If there are any recommendations please make sure you know what you were provided in your room, and ensure you return anything used,such as, bath robes and towels.
We will not be traveling to Cuba again because there was nothing we could access beyond what the hotel offered, and they were not equipped enough to deal with conflict resolution.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Sherpa583115
Director_General2018, Director General at Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear Guest,

We are happy to know overall you have a good time at out resort and you enjoyed our beautiful beach and service. We are also glad to know our staff was very friendly and you liked our food. However, we feel sorry for the inconveniences you might experienced and we would like to sincere apologize for the issues we might caused you. We will deeply investigate what might happened and take the actions needed.
We hope to have a second opportunity to prove ourselves in the future.
Thank you for choosing us.