“Great fish & chips”

The Monkey's Fist
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Local whitefish without a lot of batter or crumbs, homemade fries and coleslaw, very good will defintiely go back.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

It was located right next to 6th Street.  I ordered fish and chips with an additional serving of fish. The total came down to $21.50. They were out of the fish so we got 16 Oz of fish strips instead. Personally,  I liked this much better. The fish was lightly battered. Neither the fish or fries had any seasoning so you can do what ever you want. The sides were tasty. Unfortunately  there was a "for sale" sign on the truck. The future is unpredictable.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

I really wanted to go to their due to TripAdvisor. But it has not been open three times I've been by. There is a sign on it that it is for sale so I'm not sure if it is open at all or not. There should be a sign with the hours on it

Reviewed 12 August 2016

We had the fish & chips. Overall - very tasty and fresh - not that I had tried it anywhere else in Tobermory - so cannot comment how they compare to others.

Fast & Friendly service. Good for a quick bite.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We went here for dinner, on the recommendation of a local. I had the fish and chips, my husband had the fish strips and chips. It was the best fish I've ever had! I don't really like heavily battered, oily fish and this is anything but. This delicious fish is lightly battered and served with the best tarter sauce. The fries were also amazing. Sadly, I couldn't eat them all as there were just too many. Fresh fish, generous portions, and friendly service - what more can you ask for?

1  Thank Lori-Anne C