Cedar Vista Motel(Tobermory)(Great Value!)
US$132
Adventure the Bruce Inn(Tobermory)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$132
Travelocity
Manitoulin Inn(Mindemoya)
US$137
Waterview on The Bay(Wiarton)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$90
US$86
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
Orbitz.com
Grandview(Tobermory)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsbutter tartsthe parkersymphony suitehot tubensuite bathroomfantastic breakfastbruce peninsularoom upstairsevery morningmain floorwatching the sunsetjimwatermanhostsdockkayakproperty
Reviewed 1 September 2017

In any language, Bear Cove Bed and Breakfast is truly wonderful.

My husband and I stayed at this LGBT friendly B&B twice last year and loved it so much we returned this year with my brother-in-law and his wife.

It was as beautiful, friendly and welcoming as it gets. Jim and Doug are supper hosts who make you feel at home from the get-go.

We had the room upstairs and the in-laws had The Symphony Suite on the main floor. Both rooms had brand new washrooms (with heated floors!) and a superb shower system that made you want to linger. Of course, the large hot tub outside was made for lingering while enjoying a glass of wine.

Tobermory and the Bruce Peninsula has much to offer but my husband and I decided to stay, read, relax and catch some rays at Bear Cove. Jim makes a delicious, buffet-style breakfast every morning so we only had to go into Tobermory for an early dinner or to pick up pizza.

A paddleboat, canoe and a large floating mattress was available for all guests to use.

On our second night my brother-in-law played his guitar by the outdoor fire-pit until it started to rain lightly. A very pleasant and relaxing evening.

We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kanadai
Reviewed 25 August 2017

My adult daughter and I found ourselves with some down time and decided on a spur of the moment trip to hike the Bruce Peninsula. We were very lucky to be able to book a room with Doug and Jim at their Bear Cove B&B. From the moment we arrived until we left, everything was just perfect. The house, rooms, gardens, waterfront, and sunsets were superb. The breakfast was over the top delicious and plentiful. The coffee was perfect (this is really important to me) and the homemade butter tarts to die for. Our room, The Symphony Suite, recently had a stunning ensuite washroom added which includes a steam and rainfall shower that was very much appreciated after a day of hiking. To top it all off, there is a large hot tub on the deck best enjoyed under the stars, and there are little twinkling lights all over the property. Jim and Doug have created a fabulous and relaxing retreat here. They are a lovely, warm and welcoming couple. I highly recommend a visit and will definitely be returning! Hopefully soon!

Room Tip: All rooms were beautiful. The upstairs suite is suitable for 4 people.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2017

My husband and I went with our teenage son to stay at Bear Cove for a couple of days. My son loved hanging out in the loft and taking out the paddle boat. We all enjoyed going for a swim off the dock during the day and taking in the beautifully lit grounds at night while relaxing in the hot tub. Doug and Jim were wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank walkercarla1
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My husband Don and I choose to celebrate our new marriage by taking a mini-honeymoon to tobermorey. Our first stop was Bear Cove B&B and we could not be happier with our experience at this stunning northern gem. Doug & Jim were wonderful hosts from the moment we arrived to our hug filled departure. Our room was the shabby chic/gay fabulous room and it was equisit!! We absolutely loved the private patio, it was the perfect place to relax and unwind after our fun filled days site seeing in tobermorey. The meticulously crafted garden lined walk ways to the dock were welcoming and the dock itself offered breathtaking view of the quiet cove which opens on to lake huron. We enjoyed paddle boating, kayaking and relaxing while reading a good book. The sunsets at Bear cove B&B are nothing short of spectacular!! Lastly, I MUST comment on the breakfast!!Don and I both agree that the beautiful spread we were served each morning was hands down the BEST breakfast food (and possibly the best food period) we have ever eaten!! Everything was beautifully flavoured and fresh!!!!! The homemade butter tarts that were gifted to us upon our departure were amazing too♡♡♡. Don and I recommend this B&B to anyone looking to get away !! We will be returning for a visit in the future for sure.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent service and welcoming hosts. Bear Cove provides more than just your regular B&B. Jim and Doug are knowledgeable regarding local attraction and restaurants. This B&B is nestled in a quiet Bay off of lake Huron. The water is warm and Crystal clear, which was great for snorkeling. Thank you opening up your home.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple