“An awesome find”
Review of Coconut Joe's

Coconut Joe's
Ranked #15 of 23 Restaurants in Tobermory
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So glad we stumbled upon this place, it's the best place we've eaten in Tobermory so far. It isn't as pricey as some of the other local restaurants and the food was fantastic. Really recommend the tacos here; we ordered a selection and were impressed with every one we tried - whitefish was the favorite though! The curried mussels were great too.

The place has a super relaxed atmosphere and the staff were lovely.
Only criticism is that, like everywhere in Tobermory, drinks are still on the expensive side. We still intend to go back again before our vacation is over to try more of the menu!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a pleasant change to the other choices in Tobermory... pan fried white fish was delicious although portion a bit small. Lots of interesting selection on the menu that is different from the Fish and Chips in town. Love the "Canadian" made Jimmy Buffet beer.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wouldn't go back here. It's a nice place but the food is just whatever. The service was also really slow as they seemed understaffed for Labour Day weekend. We had the two vegetarian tacos and they were just OK. The chips+guac were also just average.

I've been to Tobermory twice and have eaten in 4-5 different places and nothing was great. Tobermory, while beautiful, has really crappy restaurants in my opinion.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

This place was quite the surprise. I'm from the Caribbean so to see a Caribbean themed place in Tobermory was surprising in itself. We dined / lime there Friday Night 09/07/18.

The music played had that island vibe mixed with the small town playlist.

The food was delicious. Everyone loved it.

My only constructive feedback is that the Caribbean coleslaw had an east Indian spice(s) which threw off the taste a bit from what i'm used to in the Caribbean. West Indian spices are a little more subtle ...but yeah I realize it's Tobermory so use what you can get. Don't get me wrong, it was still delicious and if you don't know any different you would say it was great.

Aside from that, my friends and I loved it from the "Rasta Pasta" to the vegetarian burger patties (substitute) on the various burger options. The Jambalaya Shrimp Rice, the Jerk Chicken and The Vege Tacos are also amazing.

I only wish we could have gone back a second time during our two day stay. We returned there on Saturday night around 9 but they were closing up like everywhere else.

We had to leave town early Sunday so we missed the live band on Sunday.

I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

We were attracted by the waterfront view. Tables on patio only available, inside closed until colder weather. Beer was $9 for a 16 oz. Food was okay, some dishes not so good. Really liked the owner, full of conversation. The Jungle noodles were really just a Pad Tai but at $22 overpriced for a patio bar.