3,469 results
All reviews water bungalow main bar shark feeding sun island resort italian restaurant our waiter sea plane beach bar water sports fish coffee shop our honeymoon hired bikes room boy per day superior beach bungalow half board
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Hello,

at the end of February 2018 I stayed with my mom at this island for one week.
We enjoyed the island so much because it is bigger than other islands so you can discover every day something else on island. We really never get bored there.
It was very clean everywhere. The staff gave their best there.
Everyone was so polite to us. We felt really welcome there the whole time.
I also wanna thank the animationteam (Lera and Carlos) who gave also every day there best. We liked their shows so much. Especially the beach party was a big higlight for us! They did a great entertainment and if you want you can also take part at their poolfitness or yoga lessons.

It wasn't my last holiday at this island. I will come back again!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank worlddiscover123
Sun-Island-Resort, Manager at Sun Island Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear worlddiscover123,

Greetings from Sun Island Resort, Maldives!

We are grateful for your shared comments about your Maldives experience at our hotel. This feedback
will uplift and motivate our staff and help improve our customer service efforts to go one step further
during your next stay with us.

We will be happy to welcome you back for another wonderful Maldives experience with Sun Island Resort.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here from the 23rd - 30th March, for our 20th wedding anniversary, it’s a beautiful island very well kept, our water bungalow was outstanding, the staff were excellent, from the cleaners to the reception staff , we stayed all inclusive which was good for us although we seemed limited to where we could eat only in main restaurant, others are available for a extra 69 dollars per person, cocktails also seem limited to a small selection unless you pay more, having travelled around a bit ! I expect more from being all inclusive & I feel having too sign bills constantly a irritation , as their is better Technology available. We pay a premium money to visit your islands & although our stay was excellent compared with other all inclusive holidays with have been on it is in need of improvement as far as inclusive goes ,
In our designated restaurant ( southern star ) our waiter for the week mamoon was excellent always on hand to help & advise .
I took a big game snorkelling trip , slightly tongue in cheek I thought, only to be blown away by this , brilliant, excellent, awesome, I was so lucky saw it all , these guys are so passionate about their work , we trawled the sea’s for hours ! We found mantra rays , a turtle, a pod of dolphins, & so lucky to spot & swim with 3 different whale sharks all of this in a 4 hour trip , this trip made my week still smiling now.
A big thank you too all at sun island & yes I would go back tomorrow, this is a large island which I would recommend to everyone,

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peter S
Sun-Island-Resort, Manager at Sun Island Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Peter S,

Greetings from Sun Island Resort, Maldives!

Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts with us.

We pride ourselves on delivering the exceptional level of service, with our team members who are dedicated to creating lifetime experience for our guests. We are delighted to learn that your stay with us proved to be memorable and that you enjoyed your holiday experience at our resort.

We will share your feedback with our team members, who will be further inspired to deliver our genuine hospitality. See you again soon for another memorable stay in Sun Island Resort.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived yesterday from our holiday at sun island. We were there for 15 days and had a wonderful holiday!

The island is gorgeous, well maintained and very clean. The sea is just beautiful.

The buffet was very good. Everyday fresh dishes and a lot of variety (good mix of Asian and European food).

The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. The waiters were very attentive. For this we would like to thank very much our personal waiter Elli.

The animation was very varied and well organized. We did every morning yoga with Lera. She was so inspiring that we will continue with yoga at home. Also the latin dance and sumba courses were very well.
We alway had a lot of fun with this power lady and enjoyed the classes every day. Lera has sweets our holiday with her friendly and lovely way. A fantastic woman who is having the heart in the right place. Carlos also made sure that we did’t get bored. His aquagym classes were always very funny. We met two great entertainers!

We sincerely thank the team of sun island resot for the unforgettable holiday.
We are looking forward to the next time.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lili_Zub

Dear Lili_Zub,

Greetings from Sun Island Resort, Maldives!

during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

It is a beautiful island for honeymoon, romantic atmosfere, very tasty food and beautiful ocean and beach with white sand, great nature! Animators is very kind, friendly, positive! Lera, Carlos and Margarita made out holiday best and funny! Everyday we did yoga with Lera, enjoy it, also dance with she latino dance, Carlos did very good aquagym and fakir show and did nice zumba with Margarita! We love this animation team! We want to come back again! Our best holiday! Beach party was amazing, Carlos, Lera, Margarita the best!!!!!

Stayed: April 2018
Sun-Island-Resort, Manager at Sun Island Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Giuseppe P,

Greetings from Sun Island Resort, Maldives!

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at Sun Island Resort.

Our team is delighted to learn how satisfied you were with the facilities and the service delivered. Your kind words motivate our team to continuously deliver a genuine hospitality to our valued guests.

We are eagerly looking forward to welcoming you in a near future and having the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My wife and a 6 month baby had been here expecting a leisure trip for 4 days. I must say the overall experience was stressful than leisure.

I will draft every detail so that the management can verify the information that I am providing.

My Flight reached airport at 3:35 PM and I had to wait in the airport for transfers till 8:30 PM (5 hours is heat)

and then I had chosen to stay 2 days in superior beach bunglow and 1 day in the water Bunglow. I was called to the reception by 2 for a checking and the room was not ready till 3:30 ( wasted 15 hrs just waiting for the room change ) and next day I get a letter in the morning stating I need to vacate the room by 10 AM. 2 hrs earlier than the mentioned checkout time !!!! Frustrating

The whole issue in the previous paragraph caused me to miss out on the scuba diving that I had booked for 3:00 in the evening which was one of the main reason I had chosen to visit Maldives .

Last and the worst of All it was my wifes Birthday and they were suppose to provide Wine and Cake . When I requested for the same calling the reception they said it can only be provided for next day dinner. and to my surprise they did not provide that on the dinner table but was kept in the room which was relished by ANTS.

will surely rate a 1 however rated a 2 as some of the waiters and drivers were good.

Food is of average quality nothing great about it.

This was my 29th March Check and 1st April Checkout.

Suggest this place if you dont expect service but good scenic beauty only.

Room Tip: Sunset Villa was better of the beach villas, Water Villa s you are forced to walk a lot .
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank dilondsouza
Sun-Island-Resort, Manager at Sun Island Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear dilondsouza,

Greetings from Sun Island Resort, Maldives!

We apologize for the concerns you have raised about your stay with us. We will take measures to improve or amend these matters for a better experience.

We assure you that at Sun Island Resort & Spa Hotels customer service is of the utmost importance and we try to give our customers the best Maldives experience. We would like to take this time to thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We will spare no effort in improving the experience and hope to welcome you once again to our hotels in the future.