2,766 results
All reviews mini club main restaurant zen pool stayed at club med kids club main pool is ping pong evening shows family holiday chef du village adult pool crazy signs tennis lessons great holiday hole golf course nice airport golf facilities
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Overall a good experience with, friendly helpful staff, good facilities for the whole family, wide selection of food and drinks all included.

The rooms weren't that comfortable, our hairdryer was faulty, the bed was two singles pushed together and the heating wasn't working. Minor irritations in the scheme of things but for value for money they took off the shine.

Would recommend and visit again for the overall experience.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Club Med E, Community Manager at Club Med Opio Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello,

I'm happy to see that you have chose Opio for your eighth stay at the Club Med, and you enjoyed our location, our beautiful site with our olive grove and the Zen pool, the food prepared by ours chefs.

However, we are sorry to read that some points didn't meet all your expectation. At the Club Med the sharing and well being values are a priority, so it's important for a guests to feel good and not excluded. In order to improve your future vacations, we will make sure that we will communicate your problems to the concerned services.

Thank you for your feedback, we wish to see you back in one our beautiful Villages,

Matthias, Club Med Team

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

We have just ended a week long trip to Club Med Opio. The weather was horrific - not the Club’s fault and somewhat to be expected in November:) The golf facilities are great and the teachers excellent!
We arrived at the village at 2.25pm on a Monday. I had enquired before leaving the airport would we be able to have lunch as my son was hungry - I was told one of the restaurants would still be open. Upon arrival this was not the case as it had closed 10 minutes beforehand. I insisted saying my son needed to eat - was told to wait until 4pm for pancakes (when we went we were rationed to 3 mini pancakes each) and that no we couldn’t get anything not even a sandwich. When we checked in we were not shown around, offered a drink, asked to open an account or anything else - simply handed the key and shown to the room. Checkout was much the same - as we are departing at 6.30am apparently we cannot expect any breakfast (not the case in other clubs) and it is for me to check with the restaurant!!!! I was told there is a self service coffee machine - again I explained that this didn’t really help for my son to have breakfast. Again I got the impression it was for me the guest to deal with this. For the prices they charge I find this unacceptable and they didn’t care when I explained that in any other club we have been to one is normally greeted on arrival and provided with something to eat no matter what time one leaves. Getting someone to collect our luggage despite it being ready the night before also needed a discussion.
Other than these unnecessary quibles, the food was thoroughly good. The resort was clean.
I believe the Club should align with the other clubs in terms of making guests feel welcome.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2018

This was not the first time in Club Med. For the last 5 years at least once a year we spent a week there (France, Italy, Turkey, Portugal).
However this time it was a really bad shock for all our family. We were 12 ( 6 adults + 6 kids) – we convinced our sisters/brothers in law to come with us (I think it was the first and last time)
In the arrival, the lady that host us ( we were in France) did not speak any French and her English was impossible to understand. She was Chinese and probably new in the company, she was quite lost what to do.
In the restaurant the food was as usual, not great but OK. However, 2 things got our attention. In the first day we saw 2 cockroaches walking in the buffet and when we asked to the responsible about it she pretended it was not there (Italian woman) - we do not know where they went. This already creates us a really very bad impression about everything. In the following day, we found a fly in the plate of ham. When I asked to the server to remove, he did but then he only took out the fly keeping the piece of meat there (really disgusting and I never saw such behavior in an Hotel – especially in the club med).

For the room, we were in 5 rooms and none of them were in a perfect condition. Or the shower was not working, or the safe was broken or the door was making a huge noise and it was not clean enough. (the clean lady was a very sweet Portuguese but maybe she doesn’t have enough time to made all the rooms)Once again things that I never saw before in this chain.

One of the days it was raining and my wife wanted to make a body pumping class. When she got there the class was cancelled (we could not find the reason why - nobody knew – she went to the reception* to asked and it was the worse answered – she did not what were talking about)

*Reception – honestly speaking I never had such a hard time in the reception before. All the questions was not known and anything different that you asked was ignored or even informed wrong. They were very aggressive and in a bad mood all of the time. Chinese lady, and 2 French ladies (by the way one of them could not even write properly) . To be fair, there was a boy (I think french) that tried to support us)

In the end to finalize in the check-out we asked the reception(by phone) to pick-up our begs because we were leaving. Knowing the current situation we asked with 30 minute in advance our departure. However, when we were ready to leave, the luggage were not there. We asked 3 times to the people in the reception (in the car reserved place) and nothing happened. There were more worry about joking with the colleagues than help us. It took more 30 minutes then I decide to go and pick up my own bags. I did the way 4 times. The worse thing is that people from the hotel saw me carrying the bags and not even try to help.

The only thing that was great was the GOs from tennis, circus and mini-clubs. They were nice people that was try to help and were really sweet with the kids.

To be honest, I am very disappointed with Club Med overall. I hope the chain is not changing the concept.

Room tip: the rooms cannot be turn to inside. Too much noise
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Roam829815
Reviewed 17 October 2018

We just came back from a week's stay at Club med Opio. This was the second time this year, that we visited and it was again truly amazing. What really stood out this time was the GO Team, more of that later.
We had an interconnecting room in Basilic, which is very close to the village centre and all amenities. The rooms were always very clean and towels and water were replenished every day. We found the beds especially comfortable this time.
We ate in the main restaurant every day. The food was as usual up to a very high standard, with a lot of variations and desserts to die for! The servers were all very attentive and friendly, but my favourite person was Eva Luna, always with a smile on her face!
The club is run like a well oiled machine by chief of village Michele, a very seasoned and extremely experienced CdV, who is very much present during the course of the day. As I mentioned at the beginning, the GO's made all the difference this time. We have been to many Club Meds before, but we hadn't yet encountered such a fabulous team. Most of these GO's, bear in mind, are at the end of their season and you would think that some would lack in enthusiasm and effort. But quite the contrary, the whole team displayed TOTAL PROFESSIONALISM and such a 'joie de vivre', it was truly wonderful to spend so much time with them. We actually felt totally spoiled by all the warmth and attention we received. So let's go by steps - and I do hope that I won't forget anyone.
First of all, my beloved circus team. It was like coming back to a family and they all have been truly amazing, so patient in teaching me and making the week really memorable. I felt -and I mean this- really humbled that they dedicated so much of your time (and effort) to help us improve. We couldn't have asked for more. So thank you to Diogo, Fanfan, Fanny, Ludo, Sacha, Michelle, Miles, Jayson, Sebastian and Lillie. They are simply amazing and all unbelievable artists.
Tennis: Guillaume and Yannick are amazing tennis pros. My husband is a keen tennis player and he thoroughly enjoyed the coaching provided. Their teaching methods are very effective. They covered all technical, tactical and psychological skills to improve the game, but most importantly they are very friendly and a lot of fun.
Archery: Lorenzo (we met back in April) is super friendly and very nice. He taught us parents and our daughter how to shoot. We had a really great time with him and learnt something new and fun.
Hadrien, the sports manager, made us laugh a lot and kept the whole village entertained with crazy signs and the likes. I wish I had only half of his energy!
We crossed path again with Jennifer our guest relations manager, who was caring, attentive and professional as always.
Joanna, the fitness guru, gave super classes and we enjoyed watching her in the shows. My husband did a Step class with Joanna and he was amazed by her energy. She also runs a self-massage and stretching class that is a must to stay fit and flexible.
A big thank you as well to all the lifeguards and swim coaches around the pool: Mathieu, Tony, Antony. We didn't do any activities (hiking and jogging) with Valentin, but his smile was enough to brighten up our day.
Now to the "mini club girls". Our children didn't join the mini club this time, but that didn't hinder us to spend lots of quality time at lunch/dinner, or during the day, with most of the ladies from the petit and mini club. We had a fabulous time with them and so many laughs. They really did make a difference to our stay and I left a piece of my heart with them. So a big shout out to Nini (aka la bordellista), Chacha, Sophie (Soso), Valentine, Faustine and Clem. Kudos to Stephane and Hamza in the family team too!
The Bar team is also fabulous: the guys were mixing us plenty of drinks. Arturo, Ernesto, Juan & the whole team are always there when you are thirsty.
Remi the resident DJ, also did a great job, despite keeping the night club running until 4am most nights!
Luca, did an amazing job with all the entertainment and the jeux café. His performance at the Cafe' Theatre is something that should not be missed (only for French speakers and intended for adults only). He is super funny!
I really do hope that I haven't missed anyone out that we wanted to mention, if so, I do apologise. We all wish we could go back again soon!

Room tip: Stay either in Basilic or Camomille for easy access to club centre
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 974kerstinm
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We attended the Zumba "Dance in France" vacation here at this Club Med. The facility is beautiful and the views are stunning. Our room was actually bigger than we anticipated...that was a nice surprise. The staff there is very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the stay at this luxurious resort. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2018
Club Med E, Responsable relations publiques at Club Med Opio Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hello,

I am delighted to read that to read that your vacations with Zumba at Club Med d'opio was a success!

You enjoyed the food prepared by our chefs, the facility, the room with the beautiful view and our friendly and helpful GO team and we are very happy about that.

We hope to see you back soon in Opio or in another Club Med Village.

I wish you a nice day,