All reviews nice staff nice view breakfast buffet nice hotel one night in town great breakfast modern design public areas rooms are clean great experience restaurant bar sami sauna culture selection
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Breakfast was eccellent, rooms are clean and beds confortable.! Paras aamiainen, mitä olen nauttinut! Huone siisti ja vuoteet mukavia. Very good hote with nice view. Service was friendly and we managed to get Late check out easily.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The rooms are clean and the beds and the pillows are comfortable. Nice staff. The breakfast are incredible with everything you could wish for, the only thing is that it seems like the staff are one person short, because the buffet was lacking cutlery and coffee cups every day.
The only thing to complain about is that the rooms do not have aircondition, and during the night, the hotel switches off the circulation system, so when the weather is warm, it gets very warm in the rooms.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

There is not much to choose from in Kautokeino, but Thon is definitely the best option. Spacious interiors, modern design, comfortable beds and the legendary breakfast. I wish we spent more than one night there. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

A lovely hotel with especially nice views from the corner rooms. Possibly the comfort extra bed I've slept in. Great breakfast. Great food at the restaurant, even if the service is slow because it seems like they're understaffed. Johanna at reception was delightful and very helpful. Will definitely come back.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2018

As the hotel is undergoing some renovation, the experience was worse than it could have been. But I would like to not let that affect my review, but there was just too much here that had nothing to do with the renovation...

The hotel is very much worn down. Doesn't look good at all! The rooms lookes shabby, and the curtains had unhooked from their "hooks". Now THAT has nothing to do with the renovation.
Very nice and interactive TV, and I slept very good, but that was it.
The breakfast was supposed to last untill 10. I got there at 08:30, and it seemed like it had ended. Lots of stuff was missing. No juice left, which I had to ask for, but he could only find some tomato juice... Seriously... there must be a bottle of apple or orange juice at the hotel somewhere!
I was going to give the hotel the raiting of 2, but then two weeks after the stay I got a phone call from the hotel. Asking if I'd taken wine from the minibar... Seriously! Now they call! Of course I had not taken it, and they should have better control than that!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Knut A, Daglig leder at Thon Hotel Kautokeino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hello Odd

Correct that we are renovating the kitchen and storage rooms at the hotel. But we are done now!

I am sorry that you feel that the hotel i worn down, when in fact almost the hotel is newly renovated the last 1.5 years. I am sorry that something was wrong with the curtains in your room. This is fixed now. So I shall not happen again.
The breakfast is until 10 that's correct. And i am sorry if they couldn't find you juice. It has been very hectic with no kitchen and no storages. But next time you are back I guarantee plenty of juice. If there is something you miss you can always ask the staff for what you want and they fix it.

Welcome back another time