See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 January 2016

I bussed from Surin to Buriram and found this hotel from TA. Once again I can't understand the poor reviews. Despite being in rural Thailand the service was fine, the room was good with a good bathroom and good wifi. It is on the edge of town but I could walk to the centre in a few minutes, Buriram is a very small town.
I hired a car and drive down to Phnom Rung which is a beautiful temple and I visited the motor racing track and footie stadium. I got to watch the super bikes practice, it was fantastic. I couldn't get the smile off my face as I walked through the pits. I bought Buriram United shirts for the family at the stadium and took a tour.
This is a unique Thai town with all these wonderful facilities and very nice people.
Breakfast was served at the nearby Alvarez Hotel and it was very good with a lovely cup of tea. I thoroughly recommend the town and this hotel. I will return for the motor racing in the future.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2015

This is actually a review for Alvarez hotel, which is in the same compound and is operated by Thepnakorn. The rooms were decent, clean and quite new. Their breakfast was good, but not much variety. This hotel caters more to local tourists, it appears.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2015

This place should have been torn down, bloody awful!
It might have been grand in 1964-----It's worn out shell! Resembles it's airport.

Burriram is the most boring city in the entire world!

Be honest this place tries to be a fancy place. There was an Airport close by--still is. They have 3 flights a week. Taxi for 600 baht----same price for my flight!

This place sucks-----forget sleeping pills---GO to BURRIRAM!

Room Tip: Avoid the animal pooh!---Avoid this Boring City! Unless you like BIG C and Complete boredom!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2015

Alvarez is quite new adjacent to Thepnakorn and evidently owned/operated by Thepnakorn.
Room was certainly adequate and furnished quite well, except maybe for a bit more lighting (no main overhead light). TV had abundance of channels. Noticed though that when walking across the room there was a distinctly loud thumping noise from my bare bare feet like it was almost a wooden floor which it was not.Was wondering whether it would be annoying to those in room below so mentioned it to reception who said they didn't know about that.All was well but would say the breakfast was quite basic, however if I return to Burirum I would choose this hotel to stay.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2015

Myself and my family stayed at the Alvarez Hotel in April with two other families.

The Alvarez is just behind the older Thepnakorn Hotel and share the same owners, in fact the key cards for the Alvarez have Thepnokorn written on them. Its for these reasons I feel comfortable writing this review on the Thepnakorn page.

Alvarez is a new hotel and the appearance is very nice, the reception is clean and check in was very quick.

The rooms are very nice and conformable the only issues was the shower which went from hot to cold and back again for no reason, this is common fault as several people complained about it.

The breakfast is fine, just what I have had previously in the Thepnakorn.

The pool never gets any sun and is cold all day long, not a place for kids to enjoy the sun.

The biggest issue I had a was when I asked for a second key card for the room, the lady on the reception told me that I had to pay 300Bt for the key card. When I questioned her on this she told me that it was not a deposit it was a payment and the card would belong to me and didn't need to be returned.

I clearly had issues with this and challenged her but she remained firm. It was only when I asked for the name of the Manager and could I speak with him that she told me that she would accept a deposit and refund it when I returned the card.

This in my view was a clear attempt to extract money from me and when I reported it the following day I was told that perhaps her english wasn't too good and she didn't really understand. Well, I can tell you she understood fully but her aims was not customer service but self service.

If the owners are reading this feel free to contact me for more details.

Beware.