Thepnakorn Hotel
US$48
Buritel Hotel(Buriram)
The S Hotel(Buriram)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2015

This is actually a review for Alvarez hotel, which is in the same compound and is operated by Thepnakorn. The rooms were decent, clean and quite new. Their breakfast was good, but not much variety. This hotel caters more to local tourists, it appears.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2015

This place should have been torn down, bloody awful!
It might have been grand in 1964-----It's worn out shell! Resembles it's airport.

Burriram is the most boring city in the entire world!

Be honest this place tries to be a fancy place. There was an Airport close by--still is. They have 3 flights a week. Taxi for 600 baht----same price for my flight!

This place sucks-----forget sleeping pills---GO to BURRIRAM!

Room Tip: Avoid the animal pooh!---Avoid this Boring City! Unless you like BIG C and Complete boredom!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2015

Alvarez is quite new adjacent to Thepnakorn and evidently owned/operated by Thepnakorn.
Room was certainly adequate and furnished quite well, except maybe for a bit more lighting (no main overhead light). TV had abundance of channels. Noticed though that when walking across the room there was a distinctly loud thumping noise from my bare bare feet like it was almost a wooden floor which it was not.Was wondering whether it would be annoying to those in room below so mentioned it to reception who said they didn't know about that.All was well but would say the breakfast was quite basic, however if I return to Burirum I would choose this hotel to stay.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2015

Myself and my family stayed at the Alvarez Hotel in April with two other families.

The Alvarez is just behind the older Thepnakorn Hotel and share the same owners, in fact the key cards for the Alvarez have Thepnokorn written on them. Its for these reasons I feel comfortable writing this review on the Thepnakorn page.

Alvarez is a new hotel and the appearance is very nice, the reception is clean and check in was very quick.

The rooms are very nice and conformable the only issues was the shower which went from hot to cold and back again for no reason, this is common fault as several people complained about it.

The breakfast is fine, just what I have had previously in the Thepnakorn.

The pool never gets any sun and is cold all day long, not a place for kids to enjoy the sun.

The biggest issue I had a was when I asked for a second key card for the room, the lady on the reception told me that I had to pay 300Bt for the key card. When I questioned her on this she told me that it was not a deposit it was a payment and the card would belong to me and didn't need to be returned.

I clearly had issues with this and challenged her but she remained firm. It was only when I asked for the name of the Manager and could I speak with him that she told me that she would accept a deposit and refund it when I returned the card.

This in my view was a clear attempt to extract money from me and when I reported it the following day I was told that perhaps her english wasn't too good and she didn't really understand. Well, I can tell you she understood fully but her aims was not customer service but self service.

If the owners are reading this feel free to contact me for more details.

Beware.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2015

This hotel also known as the Alvarez hotel in Buriram is relatively new and shows it. The external parts of the hotel are very attractive and the lobby is very impressive. I will start off by saying that the bed was comfortable, but it went downhill from there.
I tried taking a shower, but the temperature of the water went from cold to scalding hot and back again. In 4 days, I was unable to take a shower due to the temperature variations. Then I tried to regulate the air con, impossible, so I turned it off. A very annoying sound ensued from some apparent machinery in the pipes, so it was very difficult to sleep. My next thought was to order some food and beverages from the restaurant. I was advised that the service was not available because the bar tender had gone for the day. Room service menu indicated that it was available until 9:00 pm, but it turned out to be unavailable at 6:00 pm. Went to bed thinking I would go down to the lobby in the morning and get breakfast ( included). I entered the dining room and there was a very presentable spread including fruits, vegetables and other normal morning fare. This looks good I thought. Went to where the rice was, and because the items were uncovered, everything was very cold. Finally, settled for an omelette which was well prepared. The toaster worked well and there was coffee, tea, milk and various juices.
Spent most of the day away from the hotel, but when I returned in the evening, I once again went into the dining room and ordered food. No real problem there until I asked for a soft drink. Was told "no have". No Coke, Pepsi, sprite, seven up, fanta, etc. finally ordered milk, which was available.
Thailand is noted as the land of smiles, but the staff failed miserably in that regard. Everyone we encountered was frowning and not particularly friendly.
I know that this is a new hotel, but the service staff is unfamiliar with many things it will need to know in order to make the hotel successful.
One last comment, the wi-Fi is sketchy and available only in certain parts of the rooms.

Room Tip: Select a room with a northerly exposure in order to have any type of view at all.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends