Lowest prices for your stay
US$217
Free cancellation until 13/08/21
Booking.comUS$139
CheapTicketsUS$217
Orbitz.comUS$217
All reviews bottled water clean rooms enjoyed my stay mt elgon uganda refrigerator ac chefs conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2020

I stayed at Mt Elgon Hotel for a week and my departure was packed with memories of an experience for, I would say, a life time . First the beautiful old building, lots of character, a depiction of true Uganda, no clutter in the rooms and no copying of Europe and Asia. This was a well planned hotel am told by the government and the mountain views are amazing.
The staff were wonderful, attention to details… all are fantastic, from the gate to the gardeners, to reception, to the staff in the Masaba restaurant, to the spa and swimming pool, are all fun and first rate. The chefs are great. I realized many diners in the restaurant and all looked happy and my meals were always great.
This hotel is amazing to look at inside (would love to know the history). Beautifully appointed rooms. Easy walking distance to everything.

The engaging managers and staff, hardworking and very ethical in dealing with people, were a huge part of the experience unequivocally my favorite place to stay in Mbale, if not in the whole part of the Eastern Uganda.

I will certainly recommend this true epitome of Ugandan hospitality!!!

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 24 February 2020

Last week our group of 115 staff members from Village Enterprise spent 4 days at Mt. Elgon Hotel and Spa for our annual internal meeting - attendees comprised of employees from Uganda, Kenya, and North America. Mt. Elgon was the perfect meeting place for our team! The staff was incredible, the food delicious, and the facilities made our attendees feel very special while still being able to focus on the scheduled meetings. I would highly recommend Mt. Elgon to any group conducting business in Uganda, and hope to return again!

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2019

This is my fourth stay at Mt Elgon Hotel for a conference and again I was so hugely impressed by the attention to detail and personal kindness and friendliness of the whole team. The views of the mountain are outstanding and I hope to return soon.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2019 via mobile

Clean rooms. Good AC that is a quiet split system. Decent shower with hot water. Nice bathroom with plenty of space to put your stuff.

Refrigerator in room, bottled water replaced daily in room plus one “free” at breakfast.

Breakfast was good. Eggs made to order. Fruit, pancakes, baked good, oatmeal, more.

Service in restaurant is slow, food is ok, not great.

Staff friendly. They will do laundry and clean muddy boots.

Secure fenced property with armed guard, though we did not feel any threat in Mbale.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bobby159
Reviewed 6 October 2019

On menu is mentioned that all mains are accompanied with a side dish like French fries or rice. Even after double checking with the waiter if the fajita is accompanied with the side dish this was confirmed. Though when the meal was served we only got some fried vegetables with fries but without a tortilla, guacamole and salsa. When asking the waiter where the tortilla and sauces where (which are key ingredients for a fajita), he told us that the fries came instead. We tried to explain to serveable people including the manager that the information on the menu wasn't right and also the waiter telling us the wrong information. We were treated really rude and they even tried to charge us extra for the fries (the waiter wanted us to pay 10.000 UGX extra but later the manager told us fries as a side dish was only 3000 UGX...). In the end we left without having our food.
In conclusion really poor customer service, worst we had in uganda, especially taking into account the prices you pay.
Nice swimmingpool, but we won't come back here..

Date of stay: October 2019