We were very pleased with this hotel. The hotel was very modern with classy touches mixing some old with cool modern. Our room was quite large and the bathroom was large as well. Breakfast was in a nice setting and offered a excellent variety of food.
I took advantage of the spa to get a massage. As part of the massage it provided me access to the full spa facility. The jacuzzi area has some uniqe jets that I've never experienced before this hotel. In one part you laid on your back and the jets hit you back. It was on a raised up part so you weren't competely under water.
The town itself is smal but charming. A chestnut festival was happening our first night there. I had roasted chestnuts for the first time. OK but not great. The pastry made with chestnut flour was tasty and uniqe in its flavor. We're going to try and find some chestnut flour in the state and make it ourselves.
And finally, there is an excellent restaurant just a few steps from the hotel call Officina. We at there both nights. Make reservations as it is small and I'm sure fills up fast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo San Lorenzo is located in Colle Val D'Elsa between Siena & Florence - San Gimignano & Chianti. Is a perfect mix between ancient charme and modern comfort. 48 Rooms furnished in a warm contemporary style with wood floors, comfortable beds and marble bathrooms. Palazzo San Lorenzo offers a restaurant in the ancient chapel of the building, a wellness centre with heated jacuzzi pool. For business offers also 2 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LoveHolidays and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Palazzo San Lorenzo Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Lorenzo Hotel Colle Di Val d`Elsa
- Palazzo San Lorenzo Hotel & Spa Italy/Colle Di Val D'Elsa, Tuscany