All reviews thermal pools great position aches and pains local food the hotel staff stunning views worth every penny rebecca euro furniture hotter sauna miniscule laundry hillside chiara sulfur
Reviewed 14 May 2018

A great charming small hotel that let you relax by the thermal bath with some stunning views. Staff there was very attentive and had excellent service. They helped me with my girlfriend's birthday surprise and looked after me well after I caught flu. Excellent choice if you want something different in the tuscany area.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jimsee
Chiara P, Responsabile reception at Albergo Posta Marcucci, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Mr. See

Good Morning! Taking care of you and helping you with the surprise was a pleasure. What a pity for the flu that ruined your girlfriend's birthday celebrations. We hope for the next opportunity and another birthday in Val D'Orcia

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We had the most wonderful break. The hotel was pristine.  The staff friendly attentive and polite. The food delicious. The location breathtaking. The thermal spas were amazing and actually relieves all of those aches and pains. Totally recommend this luxurious experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Digital P, Responsabile reception at Albergo Posta Marcucci, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Mr. Tim,
Wow! Thank you for the beautiful description and words. Each instrument of the orchestra plays in unison way: Staff, quality and the location with Bagno Vignoni and its thermal water. Thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you again.
Warmest Regards

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We spent in Bagno Vignoni our 3rd wedding anniversary and have to say this was by far the best we have had. And the Hotel Posta Marcucci was certainly a great choice. The staff are very nice and helpful, our room was good and spacious, checkin went smoothly.
The SPA area is a bit tiny: large biosauna (50 celsius), minuscule sauna (90 celsius). steam bath (4-5 people), jacuzzi for 4 people, lounge area with beds and chairs.
What is really amazing is the outside thermal pool, with hot spring water. There are actually 2 pools, one around 30 celsius the other hotter (36 I reckon), both supplied with hot thermal water rich in sulfur, iron and calcium - good for muscles and skin.
Let me tell you that one could spend hours immersed in that water, lying in the sun and chilling out :)
You can use the facilities up to 6 pm after you have checked out (only the outside pool).
Food: excellent dinner, with tasty food (small portions though) and great red wine. Rich breakfast, with eggs and bacon, pastries, prosciutto, cheese, cakes, cereals and anything one may want.
We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Digital P, Responsabile reception at Albergo Posta Marcucci, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Family,
Small attentions reflect our desire to give all our guests good feelings and time to enjoy the beauty that we have around here. Thank you for your time and your words.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Took the option of visiting the thermal baths. It’s pricey and you have to hire towels too. It wasn’t too busy although there wasn’t any sun beds left. There is two pools at two different temperatures. The hot one is above body temperature and there is a waterfall. That is even hotter. The place is nice a clean. I would say that at €20 it is too expensive for what you get but maybe keeps it exclusive. You have to wear a bathing cap which makes everybody look like Smurf’s. The water is very relaxing and saps your energy so don’t expect to party after having a dip.

Did find the hotel a contrast to the rest, has an antique feeling. Not too sure if I would stay there.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ollywood-2020
Digital P, Responsabile reception at Albergo Posta Marcucci, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Good Morning! Thank you for your time and considerations. We like to value the quality more than the exclusiveness. We do not believe in low price quality, but in correct prices. Not a crowded bath, but a place where you can enjoy tranquility, the view, the therapeutic waters, the offer of food and drinks at Il Chiosco. It is not about doing things, but about doing beautiful things. And we believe that the Beauty of this place needs to be praised and treasured. Thank you for sharing, we will give our best to improve on and on. Hope you might be visiting again.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

The location is unbeatable. Bagno Vignoni is a delightful little borgo and the hotel is in a great position with a wonderful pool of warm thermal water and an enchanting view of Toscana. The hotel staff was kind and put a lot of effort in making our stay enyojable. Dinners included in the half pension were nothing to due for, but breakfast was good and the setting - the beautiful terrace- compensated for the average food experience. The Spa was a bit expansive, but it was nice to have available the opportunity of a massage. Beds were comfortable, but the rooms could use some updates and refresh. I think it was, overall, a bit on the expansive side for what we got, but again, the location was what really justified it all. I was surprised about their cancellation policy. I reserved over the phone for two days ( the same morning of my arrival). As it was very hot and I had some low blood pressure issues, at the check in, I asked if I might be able to just do one day. The receptionist replied that, yes, I could, but I would be charged for both days. I wasn't clear why, as I was giving plenty of notice and I had just made the reservation a few hours before. Eventually we stayed for two days. But I did not feel it was a proper way to handle my request. Other than that, the place was good and we enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view if possible. We were just looking at a roof, which was a shame, giving the scenary.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank conti_59
Digital P, Responsabile reception at Albergo Posta Marcucci, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you very much for the precious observations and for sharing your experience with us. We are happy you stayed well. Sorry though for the inconvenient with the cancellation policy. There has been a misunderstanding for which we very much apologize. We very much hope to have you back soon, with a promise: we will give our best to improve even further. Thank you for your time!