All reviews thermal baths spa area the air conditioning roman spa flip flops other hotels lovely location steam room spring village cycling massage pools dinner della tuscany renovation
Reviewed 20 September 2015

This hotel is in a tiny village surrounding an ancient roman mineral spring. The rooms are lovely and generously sized, and we had a nice of the medieval bath. The hotel has a pool with mineral water from the spring and one without, and when we were there it seemed like mostly Italians stayed there (good sign). The spa seemed busy (I didn't use the spa facility). Wi-fi was good in the lobby but not the rooms, but you shouldn't need wifi on vacation anyway. The restaurant was great, and breakfast was generous with adequate healthy options. Very low key and comfy.

Room Tip: The whole place is quiet, and some rooms have terraces. Rooms over the outside restaurant were a little noisy but quiet after 10.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

This is the best hotel we stayed in Italy. The facility was beautiful, immaculate, has really made the effort to justifiably achieve a "Green" rating. The breakfast buffet was fantastic, offering an impressive variety of gormet and simple food options for all tastes and allergies. Dinner on the terrace of their restaurant was very nice as well.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2015

We spent two nights in this hotel during our Tuscany tour in the end of August. The location of the hotel is fantastic, it is part of the small village of Bagno VIgnoni, which only counts 2 hotels, 3 restaurants and 3 or 4 shops. It gives you the impression to live in a small forgotten village in the middle of nowhere in Tuscany. It is definitely worth to visit the nearby village Montalcino, where the Brunello di Montalcino wine is produced and sold in lots of little shops. The food in the hotel’s restaurant was very good, especially the meat dishes. We had booked the hotel with half board and with a wine tasting which we did on the second night. The wine tasting was very disappointing, having had wine from the normal wine card in the first night, which was excellent, the wine tasting was composed either by the cheapest wines or by bottles opened the day before. The service in the hotel was good, in the restaurant you had to wait a long time to pass your order, but once ordered everything went quick. Finally, the spa of the hotel is not exceptional. There is just a small pool with thermal water, a small whirlpool and no real sauna (only roman sauna with 40°).

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

We spend few days in the city and one of the days we spend in Le Terme.
Pros
1. Has great spa services and not too expensive.
2. Rooms are light and are in good condition.
3. Thermal Roman bath is great.
4. Restaurant that is part of the spa has great view on the main thermal pool and good food.

Cons.
Thermal bath are great but on the smaller side if you compare it to the other hotel which has a huge pool and great view.

In general I would stay there and suggest it to couples who need a spa day or two. I think this particular place is great in winter because it has a closed pool vs. other places.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gotsulka
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Although I've been remiss in delaying my review until now from my wonderful visit at the end of June,,,Albergo Le Terme was never remiss.

My 3 day stay with old friends couldn't have been better. I'd leave my window open at night, to see the moon hovering over the central ancient pool.

The staff and management achieved that perfect and rare balance: friendly but not inauthentic, responsive but not hovering, warm but not cloying.

The restaurant?? My Italian foodie companion gives it a 2 thumbs up,,need one say more?

Hey, I'll return even if the Euro strengthens !!!!

Room Tip: A room with view of the ancient thermal pool is worth any extra charge.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends