All reviews owners were friendly hotel is perfectly situated four poster excellent hosts quiet location the leeds liverpool canal stayed recently welcomes pets nice view of the garden yorkshire dales music festival friendly hotel full english hospitality tray on arrival rooms are clean great place to stay
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We booked for the haworth 1940s weekend with another couple. Both of our rooms were clean and well presented and nicely decorated. The staff seemed friendly and they did a veggie breakfast option which was was great for me and my hubby. We didn't spend a lot of time there as we were out a lot but we had a comfortable nights sleep in a clean room. Couldn't ask for much more than that. Planning on rebooking for the next one.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2017

My friend and I had a wonderful stay at the hotel during the Yarndale weekend. The owners were friendly and the food freshly cooked to order. The mini dessert selection that I ordered must have been one of the best I have tasted! A good breakfast selection to choose from, I would recommend the cooked breakfast, creamy scrambled eggs, local sausage and field mushrooms. Will definitely return.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Chose this hotel as it welcomes pets.
We had a two night stay here early September with out dog.

We arrived early to a lovely welcome from owner. Our room was ready and given the key.

Our room at the top of the hotel with great views over the valley.
Room spacious extremely clean and warm. Lovely large bathroom and white fluffy towels.
Breakfast both mornings and 3 course evening meal excellent.

Highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

Room tip: Room 7 top of the hotel. Great views well worth the stairs
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Decent room and facilities but it was hot when we arrived and we had to open all of the windows .So unusual for Yorkshire. We ate in the restaurant. The wine was expensive and the food was average. My burger was ordinary and the chips were soggy. We drank in the bar after the meal, expensive beer and the owners were efficient but less than welcoming. A traditional Yorkshire experience. Only joking!

Room tip: Ask that the room has good climate control.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Husband and I stayed here for one night. Upon arrival it was evident that the B&B needed some TLC as it looks tired in some places. It was however spotlessly clean and spacious.
We got our room key and headed up to room 3. The room was a good size with lovely views across the valley. The floorboards creaked in places but it was clean and tidy. A large walk in wardrobe offered ample space for storage with a provided hairdryer, hangers and luggage rack. There was also a cupboard with shelving in and spare blankets - not needed in Aug! The four poster bed was comfy but the pillows were flat. There was a bedside table with lamps either side of the bed and a dressing table with tea and coffee making facilities - whole milk was provided so we bought some semi skimmed on our walk!
A grumble we had about the room was the noise from the heating pipes. It made a knocking noise every 2 minutes throughout the night - very very annoying. Due to this we had a disturbed nights sleep.
The bathroom was a good size with a bath, shower over it, toilet and washbasin. The floor creaked in here too with the room just needing a facelift but, again, it was spotlessly clean. Lovely white towels and constant hot water - the shower was not powerful but adequate.
We had breakfast which was served between 8.30-9.30. I had cereal and porridge - porridge was delicious. My husband had the cooked breakfast which he enjoyed. There is ample parking here at the front of the B&B and it is a 5 minute walk to the 5 locks and the canal.

Room tip: Do not choose room 3 with the four poster bed due to noisy heating pipes!
Date of stay: August 2017