Lowest prices for your stay
US$172
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$174
Trip.com
US$162
PricelineUS$172
Hotels.comUS$174
getaroom.comUS$209
All reviews private pool five star hotel stylish hotel poolside service across the road sea relaxation
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2019

This is a low rise hotel located opposite the beach. The staff here were all quite friendly and the service was generally quite good. Especially front desk and at breakfast. I say generally because the staff who are poolside are very young, inexperienced and hopeless. But friendly. Ordering lunch poolside for 3 days, the staff would leave our plates etc there for hours after finishing. Once the staff spilt sauce over the ground next to us and after asking them to please mop it up, it took over 2 hours and then they said they were getting housekeeping to come. I ended up taking a beach towel and mopping it up and giving them the towel. Yes it was as simple as that but I wanted to see how long it would take them to do so! The rooms are all quite lovely. We had a plunge pool and a regular room. They are nicely finished & comfortable. The pool area is also quite nice but as I said, staff poolside are hopeless. Someone in a previous post mentioned a lifeguard. I never saw one! Mostly teens on their summer break by the looks of some. If you do stay here during the summer & it's over a weekend, they almost always host a function outdoors which can be quite noisy. It is perhaps 5* by Greek standards but by international standards, I would say more 4*.

1  Thank holidaybabe69
Reviewed 29 September 2019

Just went for a 5 day trip with my mother and my partner and it was truly lovely .
The stafff was very helpful the amenities were great , it was an overall great experience . very close to the sea .
The food was very good too .

One slight problem was our bedroom ( one with private swimming pool ) smelled a bit and there was a little problem with humidity in our bathroom , ( I saw a silverfish in the bathroom )

The issues were truly minor as this was a great relaxing experience and I would go back .

Room tip: Room with private swimming pools are lovely but don't all have sea view .
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 14 nights and we were happy with the overall experience, the rooms were clean and comfortable and reception staff were very helpful. The breakfast, lunch and dinner was very nice but there was something missing. The hotel is not 5 - star and we found the need to complain to management for the attitude of some unprofessional staff for which we were compensated (please see comments of previous reviewer). We would also question the need to have full time lifeguards who contributed little to the service.

We would however return on a bed and breakfast basis.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank ARFON
Reviewed 12 September 2019 via mobile

Horizon Blu Hotel, great 5-Star hotel, excellent food, service, facilities & location. On Kalamata Beach with large pool and grounds. We stayed in a ‪Superior Room Sea View room, which was spacious with a large terrace overlooking the pool and beach. Staff were super attentive. ‬Kalamata, Peloponnese, Greece #HorizonBluHotel #Kalamata #Peloponnese #Greece

1  Thank PandyDim
Reviewed 14 July 2019 via mobile

Room is beautiful. Service is fantastic, very clean, every day our room is spotless, the layout of the bathtoom must be a nightmare for the cleaners, but they do a brilliant job.
The whole hotel is very clean and tidy. The staff are friendly and really lovely, very professional.
Downside is . Its a family hotel, which we didnt know so for me that is why i give 3 stars .too many kids!!
The cold/ hot breakfast in heaters isnt great, i prefer cooked to order..
Ok selection of breskfast food. Chairs in breakfast room really uncomfortable..
The Bar food is excellent. Really really good, and great service .
The restaurant food is also excellent. Very pricey but very tasty, did have a gripe that both mains didnt come out at the same time. Wasnt resolved to my expectation. But i couldnt be bothered to argue, as food was delicious

The music noise on a saturday night and busy main road most days/ evenings means sleeping with doors shut and air con on.
I prefer to be able to smell the sea and surrounding countryside not car motorbike fumes.
If you prefer an Adult only hotel then this isnt for you .

1  Thank becky a