Lowest prices for your stay
US$84
US$71
PricelineUS$85
Hotels.comUS$84
TravelocityUS$84
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 July 2019

I had a wonderful 3 day stay at Hotel Osteria. I started in a room on the side with partial water view and then moved to a room facing the sea. Both were clean and comfortable. While I considered a 4-star hotel about 1km away, I chose Hotel Osteria because of its proximity to the city and its high rating. I'm so glad I made this choice! The staff is incredibly friendly. As a female solo traveler it was secure, excellently located, and very comfortable. Thanks Maria and the rest of the team for treating me like family!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank M B
Maria K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ostria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2019

Thank you for the amazing feedback.
It was a pleasure having you stay with us.
We would love to see you the next time you visit Kalamata.

Best regards

Reviewed 15 July 2019

Wonderful front facing view; absolutely beautiful and well worth paying for a room facing the sea! My only criticism is that I booked through 'Booking.com' and it stated that the price included all tourist taxes etc however an extra 10 euros was added on to the final bill and I couldn't be bothered to challenge this!

Room tip: Book a front facing sea view!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Diane P

Thank you for the feedback .
We hope to see you in your next visit to Kalamata.

Reviewed 6 July 2019

The hotel is conveniently located on the waterfront, and at the same time it is not far from restaurants and shops. Everything is at walking distance and, if you prefer, bus stops are very close in both directions. Rooms are spacious, clean, and well kept. I strongly recommend choosing a seafront room. Breakfast caters for a wide variety of needs and is more than adequate for the category. Wi-fi works like a charm. I particularly appreciated some details that make you really feel at home: you can fill the fridge with water bottles bought on the street, and you will even find a drying rack on the balcony (even though a speedy laundry service is offered). Staff is immensely helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank JoEspos
Maria K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ostria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2019

Thank you for your amazing feedback.
It was a pleasure having you stay with us we do hope to see you in your next visit to Kalamata.

Maria Kontolaimou

Reviewed 27 June 2019

The rooms and location may seem okay on first glance, but the hotel staff know very little about hospitality and customer experience. They were not helpful in any way and caused a great deal of stress to my stay.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Demetrios P, Owner at Hotel Ostria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2019

This guest arrived at our hotel with a travel partner. On the second day, they had a terrible disagreement regarding their shared expenses and a rental car. The guest that wrote review came down to the lobby to tell us about the dispute. They had a shared pool of funds for expenses and disagreed on how it was being apportioned. They also disagreed as to who had control of the rental car. She wanted us to take her side and intervene by calling the police. We explained that guests have the right to call the police and file reports and she was free to do so. However, we also encouraged her to work things out and also offered to mediate if that was helpful. She became very upset and upon departure, the next day threatened the hotel with nonpayment. It was a stressful and unfortunate experience for all.

Demetri

Reviewed 16 June 2019

We had spent a few nights at another hotel on the seafront in Kalamata before I wondered down to have a look at Hotel Ostria one evening.

The gentleman on the desk gave me keys to a few rooms to look at which I consider to be good practice in the hotel industry. It gives the customer the opportunity to look at what they are buying before they buy. I chose a room on the front with full sea view. We moved into the hotel the following day.

We loved our stay of 5 nights here. The hotel is clean, friendly and well run. The owner is around a good deal of the time which is great. He goes out of his way to speak to guests and to provide information about the area. He really provides a personal and welcoming touch.

We love Kalamata. It is an interesting city which oozes atmosphere. We have been many times over the years but this was our first stay at this hotel. We are however going back in July this year for five nights.

After staying in most of the seafront hotels here, we definitely recommend Hotel Ostria as our favourite.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DingleDaisy
Maria K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ostria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2019

We thank you for your feedback.
We do appreciate the comments and with that we work harder to make our hotel better.
Best rgeards