See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 June 2016

We stayed at Inverbann B&B in Larne for one night in June 2016. Jim and Joy, the owners were very welcoming and as stated by other reviewers, the tipple provided on arrival was most welcome, Jim having one with us – any excuse. The room was large with two double beds in it and it had a modern ensuite. Some of the décor is dated, but it is quite an old house. Good TV and tea and coffee making items as well as toiltetries supplied.

The B & B is located immediately next to the main shopping thoroughfare so its very easy to pop out for purchases. There are a number of takeaways and restaurants along the high street. Very close to the ferry – about 5 minute drive at most.

Breakfast is supplied but as we were catching the 0730 ferry we didn't bother although our hosts offered to leave a continental breakfast had we wanted it.

Because of its very central location, and it being a Saturday night when we were there, there was intermittent traffic noise during the night which, as we normally live in the country, disturbed us a bit.

There is street parking outside but no off-street parking as such although Jim offered to take his car out of his garage if we wanted to park there. We declined but backed back in front of his garage door.as a compromise. As we usually have a car full of stuff we prefer off-street parking if possible.

A reasonably priced, very convenient B and B but lack of off-street parking caused us some concern.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenni D
Reviewed 2 December 2015

I enjoyed staying here as it was friendly, clean and quiet. I arrived late but was made to feel at home, the room was very nice and clean and I had not issues sleeping. I wish I could have stayed more than one night. My trip was last Nov but I am a little late posting

Room Tip: I have nothing to suggest, it was nice
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank LindyAnn1
Reviewed 19 October 2015

What can I say, this was my 4th return visit to Jim and Joy. The accommodation is pleasant, clean and comfortable. All you want from a B&B. Jim and Joy are great hosts and did everything to make our stay enjoyable, including sage advice on where to go and what to see. The well cooked and plentiful full Irish breakfast ensured that we could keep going until dinner time. We will be back again nxdt year.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2015

We (couple) stayed for a week at home with Jim and Joy. They gave us a really warm welcome and the week just flew. We had a large front bedroom and slept so soundly that we had to set the alarm. Breakfast is a hearty experience with a wide choice of cereals, fresh fruit and yoghurts followed by a beautifully cooked Ulster fry. (The tomato ketchup bottle will have you in stitches). Our return ferry was cancelled by a storm warning and brought forward so that we had to leave late at night. Jim and Joy refused payment for the night even though we had used the room. We were forced to hide the money in a drawer. After all they had been wonderful hosts and their prices are already lower than they should be. Thank you both, we look forward to our next visit.

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank frequent d
Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed for the weekend with 2 young kids, family room was perfect size v.clean & tidy. Jim & joy great hosts, lovely breakfast too! Would highly recommend & would definitely stay again! I told other half wrong amount to pay when we checked out so overpaid, Jim & joys son had drove around for over an hour to try & find us to give it back! Lovely honest people too!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family