See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Jim,Joy,& Alfie, Just returned from staying at Inverban,I agree that this B&B is Fantastic, breakfast great and room spotlessly clean Jim thank you so much for all your help from advising us where to eat, picking us up at Port ,getting up at 6.00 am to take us back to Port.You both made or stay enjoyable We will certainly be returning, a real Wee gem In Larne. Liz and Cathy

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank elizabeth r
Reviewed 28 January 2013

To put it simply...Fantastic!

I was attending a friends wedding in Larne and was suggested this B&B as my base for the weekend. I was due to stay on the Friday and the Saturday night but unfortunately due to snow my flight never left on the Friday night. I got intouch to apologise about my no show and say I would fingers crossed be there on the Saturday.

Joy rang me on the Saturday and said it was fine and they would hopefully see me later that day. Thankfully my flight made it and when I got to Inverbann I was greeted by Jim who showed me to my room and offered to make me a sandwich if I was hungry. Jim very kindly ran me to the wedding reception.

The next morning I was woken to the smell of cooking bacon and went down for a full breakfast which was really nice. I wasnt made to feel like I needed to rush away in the morning which was nice as we werent flying until later that evening.

In short this is a fantastic B&B, Jim & Joy are friendly and nothing was to much trouble for them, I would highly recommend them, and will definately use them again next time I go over.

Thank you again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna P
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My wife & I spent seven nights bed & breakfast at Inverbann B&B,starting Wednesday 19th Sept.On Sunday 23th Sept Jim told us he and Joy were going away on holiday 25th,leaving 06.30.So no cooked breafast available 25th & 26th.He suggested if we wanted a cooked breakfast there was a nice cafe round the corner.Very disappointed,Jim & Joy must have known they were going on holiday when we booked.When paying for our stay we were charged full price,no discount for two mornings without cooked breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Barry K
JoyScott, Owner at Inverbann B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry you were disappointed with a continental breakfast as opposed to a cooked one on the last 2 mornings of your visit. If you had advised us that this was a problem we would have made alternative arrangements for you, this was a misunderstanding on our part . Our holiday was a last minute surprise, family anniversary present, which is why your booking had been accepted. I would point out that this is the first negative report we have received in over 20 years trading as all the other Trip Advisor reports will verify. Regards, Joy and Jim

Reviewed 5 September 2012

my wife & I spent 5 days here using it as a base to tour N.Ireland.The place was very clean ,the room very comfortable and the breakfast was superb .The owners Joy & Jim Scott (the hired help) take hospitality to a new level ,they are a very welcoming couple ,advised us on places to eat and generally went out of their way to make us feel at home .We especially enjoyed the Irish porridge .Can only say this place will be hard to match for all round hospitality

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank frankmcclure
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Hello Joy Jim and Alfie,I would like to thank you for making our first trip to Belfast such a pleasant one. I really enjoyed our time with you and did not want to come home .I am missing your breakfasts already. I intended on making Belfast a one off trip as i have always prefered visiting the South, But yourselves and everyone else we met has changed my mind . The people of the North are just as warm and friendly as those in the South and the sights and views just as good . We will most definetly be back and i have safely put up the card with your details on it, But i wont need it as i could never forget how to get back to Inverbann B&B and yourselves . Again a thousand thanks to you and goodbye for now love Kevin Denise and Sally.

Room Tip: All rooms i saw are excellant
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family