Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews smoke sauna rental shop fat bikes ice sculptures ice water northern lights frozen lake hotel room stayed one night finnish lapland buffet style snowshoe ski winter fjell cabin reindeer
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 December 2019 via mobile

We stayed one night while on way from Rovaniemi to Ivalo.

It was absolutely fantastic.

The room was small so we had to book 2 rooms for family of 2 adults & 2 children but rooms were relatively cheaper as compared to other hotels in Saariselka.

The best part was : Surrounding. It was frozen wild area full of snowy trees.

Smoke Sauna with dip in ice water was truly a different experience.

Ice sculptures all around the area.

Nice breakfast and affordable nice buffet lunch.

I wish we could have stayed extra night.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank anoopa329
Reviewed 21 December 2019 via mobile

I arrived for our stay expecting comfortable but basic accommodation for my family of four. This was because the cost of the cabin was very low when compared to other self-contained stays I had booked in Lapland. The photos on the website are also quite limited. But what I found was a super cosy, large, two-bedroom cabin with parking, a full kitchen, lounge and sauna. It was incredible value.
Then there was the location. Wow. Absolutely beautiful. It was peaceful and relatively quiet when we were there too.
We stayed one night and had booked so we could enjoy the traditional Finnish smoke sauna with obligatory dip in the frozen lake. I would have liked a longer stay as there is a well-equipped rental shop and numerous activities on offer like fat bikes, cross country skiing and snow shoeing.
Plus, the location is utterly sublime and stunning. The smoke sauna was an awesome experience and whilst we were doing it we were treated to a Northern Lights spectacle. Just amazing.
There is a restaurant with basic offerings which can be had buffet-style or you can order off the menu.
There is free and fast Wifi at the main lodge but not in the cabins.
This was yet another place we stayed in Lapland that had us wishing we could stay longer.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kellie_Morle
Reviewed 29 September 2019 via mobile

Spent a long weekend enjoying the "ruska" i.e. the autumn colours. The landscapes were awesome as were the views from felltops, the closest Kiilopää just 2 km away. The restaurant was great, but the wifi did not work in the cabins.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2019

Just went here for sauna and bath.
They have a great smoke sauna, also normal ones. But the thing that makes this a truly awesome experience is that you can take an ice bath right outside the saunas!
Which I did not!! The others that were with me did, all cred to them. And of course the Finnish, just went in and out of it over and over.

The only bad thing I can report from this place, is that it's very crowded, at least it was when we were there. The rooms to change clothes in are very tiny, and you have to sit almost on top of others. I also couldn't see anywhere to lock my belongings in. So you kinda have to trust everyone else to not steal.

They also do lots of other stuff here. Seems like cross country skiing here is great as the tracks start at hotel door. And they serve food and have rooms.
Would love to come here and stay some other time.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2019

What a great place to stay and go ice swimming and use a smoke sauna at a reasonable price. They have their own smoke sauna and ice swimming next to their hotel and hostel. It is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays 3:00-8:00pm. The prices for ice swimming and smoke sauna was around $20 each. Their rooms are very cute and clean. The staff is very helpful.

Date of stay: February 2019