US$120
US$96
  • Breakfast included
Santa's Hotel Tunturi(Saariselka)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$92
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

Saariselka Inn(Saariselka)
US$77
US$75
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$115
Travelocity
Fell Centre Kiilopaa(Saariselka)(Great Value!)
US$103
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Javri Lodge(Saariselka)
Hotel Laanihovi(Saariselka)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewslog cabinmin walkhour transfersauna roomnorthern lightsstop half wayliving areaeach eveninghusky safarideep snowsantas laplandlapland triptown centrenational parkfrom start to finishsanta clausmagical experience
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here in January and we loved it cosy cabin with a fire and magical surroundings the snow just makes it picturesque!.we wanted to spend so much time in our cabin because it was so homely.When you check in just a warning that it's about a 5-7minute walk to your cabin and when you have suitcases it's a mission you can grab a taxi downstairs at the supermarket but will come at a cost of about 11 euros. I don't know how anyone could be disappointed in these cabins unless it really just isn't your cup of tea

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chunkelina
Reviewed 2 January 2017

We visited Saariselka just before Xmas as a DIY visit Santa in Lapland trip - as well as visiting Santa and doing the other traditional things (Husky sled ride and seeing reindeer) we also wanted to let my 8 year old daughter try skiing on real snow having spent the last year learning the basics on the local dry ski slope! Originally we booked one of the hotels in Saariselka but then, as the time to travel got closer, I got worried by the reviews which said that the hotels could be like "zoos" in the morning as everyone descends on breakfast at the same time. I looked for alternatives and found the Saariselka Inn Log Cabins and despite misgivings (by me as someone who likes their home comforts and access to reliable WIFI!) we rebooked for the Cabins.

I think this was one of the best decisions we made! Firstly, I need to make 3 things clear - the weather in late December 2016 was unseasonably (for Lapland) mild - it was just below freezing most of time (only dropping I think to -5C) so being outside was not an issue with all the layers we had brought; we had a car so getting around was very easy (we did walk into Saariselka which took about 15 mins but bear in mind the unseasonal "warmth" when we stayed and the fact that having a car makes getting to skiing and doing other things easier) and thirdly, yes, the WIFI in the cabins is flaky and (for me) rarely worked BUT the experience is definitely worth it.

As others have said, the cabins are incredibly cosy (and I am sure this would be the case even at much lower temperatures than we had) and you are always lovely and warm inside. Having a sauna downstairs (as part of a wetroom/sauna) is also invaluable for drying out all the layers (something we hadn't really thought about as non-skiers). We stayed in Cabin 1 (the first on the loop road which links the ca 10 cabins just outside of Saariselka) which had 3 "bedrooms" - 2 separate rooms which could sleep 3 at a push on a single upper bunk and a narrow "double" lower bunk. In reality I'd say the 2 separate bedrooms would be best considered as sleeping 2 people each as the lower double bunk would be very cosy for 2 people. Our daughter loved the mezzanine sleeping area above the living room which she used - climbing up on steps carved into a tree trunk - quite steep but great fun! This area had I think mattresses for 4 people although that would be a squeeze and 2 or 3 would be more comfortable. As the only person using it, our daughter had great fun using it as her den.

Lighting throughout the cabin is dim at best and with limited daylight hours outside as well then, if you like reading, bring a good torch or a kindle with a backlight! It does however add to the atmosphere and experience so please don't let this put you off.

There are basic cooking facilities - 2 rings, kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge and dishwasher (no oven). Breakfast was easy with a toaster and we tended to eat out at lunchtime and then cook pasta in the evening at the cabin (making sauces from ingredients bought at the supermarket in Saariselka). (Hint - there is a warning about overloading the electrics posted in the cabins and if you put too many things on at once, especially high drain appliances like the microwave and kettle and a hob ring, then the fuse does trip. It is easily reset inside the cabin though and you soon learn what you can and can't do. As long as you're sensible it really isn't a problem.)

Apart from the atmosphere of being in the woods (although in reality quite close to Saariselka) staying in a cabin means you get easy access to the outdoors to play in the snow. Remember it was unseasonably mild when we were there and having never experienced -20C or less we have no way of knowing how enjoyable it would be to play outside at those sorts of temperatures! For us however it was great and our daughter loved playing the deep snow (helped by the fact that the snow plough had made an 8 foot high pile of snow right next to the steps)! One night we were outside enjoying the snow and we saw a great 10-15 minute display of the Northern Lights as well!!

I would definitely recommend the Saariselka Inn Log Cabins if you are thinking of visiting Saariselka. They aren't necessarily the cheapest but it really made our Lapland experience.

PS Apart from getting around Saariselka, the car also helped us to visit a real reindeer "farm" about an hour away to the north run by Petri Mattus and his family which we wouldn't have realistically been able to do otherwise. If you have the means to get there I would highly recommend it. It isn't a "be towed on a sleigh behind reindeer experience" but it in my view is much, much better.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Julian Y
Reviewed 29 December 2016

I booked this trip to celebrate being in remission, and to give my children the treat of a lifetime. It was well worth the money! The cabins give you everything you need. It's large enough to feel spacious, and cosy enough to feel homely. It's lovely and warm. I only used the added Sauna once. It was lovely to be out of the busy area, and to just enjoy what the view.
Would recommend this ANYTIME!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Cassia009
Reviewed 2 June 2016

This was our 4th stay in Lapland. We decided to try the cabins for a change, rather than one of the big hotels.
Simply stunning and just as magical as before. The cabins are beautiful but you wouldn't be disappointed in any of the accommodation in Saariselka. Be warned though, it is very expensive to eat and drink out but that to be expected in the most magical place in the world.

Room Tip: A room with a view facing away from the road
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank rachel s
Reviewed 2 April 2016

We stayed at this place for 4 nights with 2 friends. The chalet is perfect for 4 people, although it could accommodate 6 to 8 people.
Inside : There are 2 bedrooms and 1 bedroom in mezzanine. The beds are not very large (130cm) but this is not an issue for us. In the living room, there is a fire place and wood is available on the terrace. At no moment, we were cold. The fireplace warms the chalet more than enough.
The bathroom contains a sauna that works perfectly and a very nice warm shower. The kitchen part is small and not foreseen to make complex cooking, but who wants to start to cook complex things on holidays ;-)
It is fully furnished, except the food.
It is easy to park your car in front of the chalet, we were at chalet no 5 and you could even park 2 cars without any problem.
The place is very calm. And maybe you will have the chance, as we had, to see 2 reindeers walking peacefully in front of our place and taking their time.
And last but not least, the price is really competitive vs. other lodging in the neighbourhood. I warmly recommend this place if you don't look for luxury but still a warm and lovely place for your stay in Lapland. It was really a excellent surprise when we arrived.

One last remark: we had a car. So no issue to go from the check-in (in the hotel) to the chalet. It is not that far, but if you have to go by foot with your luggage, it might be not that convenient. Moreover, without a car, you have to go and do you shopping by foot. So, although a car is not mandatory, I would recommend to have one.

Stayed: March 2016