See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We booked Che Lagarto through JANE ( CRUZ The Coast Brazil ) She organized everything for us a couple of days at hostel Che Lagarto as they had no availability for the next nights then Cruz The Coast Brazil booked a beautiful charming beach House which belongs to her.
I myself Gero and my family felt as we were in the paradise ⛅
The nice house with three wonderful suits just in front a very nice beach with a great walkside that connected us to the best restaurants ,ice cream and Tapiocarias of Itacare.
We had wonderful tours booked by through her
Continuing about Che Lagarto we enjoyed it very much one of the owner was very friendly
The highlights was the opening of the Itacare Che lagarto Restaurant a magic cooking Colombian

Room Tip: Try to take rooms in the back
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank amazongerotours
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I took a double room with private bathroom. super friendly/helpful staff/owners, perfect location (it's in the middle of the best street of itacaré, minutes from the beaches, and as the beaches are a little away from civilization it is better/safer/funnier to stay downtown.
the bar is great too. my girlfriend who is super picky loved it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexis M
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Really glad I chose to stay in this hostel. It has a friendly atmosphere and is really easy to meet people. Having arrived the previous afternoon, on my first morning I was out surfing with a load of new friends. The owners are ace, they helped us make the most of Itacare and sorted out a minibus to Salvador airport for us when we left. The facilities here are also good, there is a pool table, hammocks, a large rooftop bar area, PCs with free internet and the hostel is kept super-clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The hostel is right in town so really well located for shops and it's a 10 minute walk to the beach, the rooms are at the back of the property so the noise from the streets can't be heard from the rooms, the dorm rooms are spacious even though there are many beds and it's really affordable for those on a budget holiday (like me!). The owners, Jane and Jonathan, are super friendly and know so much about Itacare and really good about helping you book taxis, or recommending places to see or things to do, there's stuff planned every day of the week. Meeting people at the hostel made our stay in Itacare so amazing and Che Legarto is where you should be for a great time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2012

a great hostel in my favourite place in Brazil!!...this hostel is walking distance to some of the best surfing beaches in Brazil, a few steps away from night-life, restaurants, markets and shopping. They offered tours and night-time events...such as BBQ's, musicians, cocktail nights etc.
Full breakfast included filled me up til dinner time, price is good for the facilities...the rooftop outdoor area (recently completed) is awesome...a great way to meet fellow travellers, as the lounges are circular and the bar is within arms reach...haha

We also jumped on a tour offered by the hostel owners, called Cruz the Coast...which left Itacare to Rio...the best trip of Brazil and a safer easy way to travel in Brazil.

Thanks Jon and Jane for everything :))))

We will be back.