All reviews lovely hotel rooms are clean ornos beach the bus maria beaches mykonos
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We were staying in this hotel in end of the july.at the last day of our stay i forgot to take my jewlery from drawer of the room(i took them from safe box to taking them last minute.. and when we came back th housekeeper cleaned my room and jewellers was no longer thereth owner of the hotel"mari" was so unprofessional and impolite and didn't help me anyway!!
We are talking about my dimonds worth of 5.000$
I even put the reward for housekeepers to finding it....no news at the end>>DON'T CHOOSE THIS HOTEL❌❌❌❌❌❌

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank niloufaradibfar
mariazou, Owner at Hotel Erato, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

First of all, let’s put things in order:
On your last day in the hotel, you checked out by noon, returning the keys to the reception and after saying goodbye, you left the premises of the hotel.
Two hours later, we received a phone call from the other person with which you stayed in the room, asking us to check in the room if you have left two small earrings in a handkerchief on the table of the sitting room of the suite. I immediately left the reception and went into the room with the cleaning ladies, as they were about to enter and redo the room, for the next guests that were due to arrive shortly. Nobody had entered the room before us after you have checked out. We have searched thoroughly all surfaces, tables, night tables, floor, under the furniture, every corner of the room, as well as all used handkerchiefs, garbage and papers in the room and have found nothing.
Then, on the next phone call from your companion, half an hour later, he asked if we have found the necklace with the diamond in the handkerchief in the sleeping room, on the open surface under the mirror, and I explained that no kind of jewelry was found anywhere in the room after thoroughly searching everything, but in any case what you have described in the first phone call was not a necklace but earrings, left not in the sleeping room but in the sitting room. (You now describe that you have left your “jewelry” in a drawer in the room, so the position keeps changing, but you still are not clear on what kind of jewelry). I have nevertheless, informed him that I have all the handkerchiefs and garbage found in your room kept in a safe place and that you were welcome to come back and go through it. Then, when you showed up an hour later, I have provided you with a pair of one-use protective gloves and I have personally put on a pair myself and went with you again through all the used papers, used handkerchiefs and the rest of the garbage, one by one, helping you. You still found nothing.
I find your comments towards our staff really unfair and undeserved. We work with the same trustworthy, proud and reliable staff for years. I have reassured you repeatedly when you were here and I will still repeat that in all other cases of lost or forgotten jewelry in the past (diamond bracelets, wedding rings etc), the staff has always brought everything found in the rooms directly to me and we have always succeeded in returning them to their owners. So your suggestion of a reward was not necessary, because nobody in our hotel needs a reward to return a lost item to its owner.
As I told you in person, we are sorry you were so upset, but if you have indeed lost this piece of jewelry, (earrings or necklace or whatever it was), this was not lost in our hotel.
And a piece of advice: it is a good idea to be careful about the things you accuse other people of, as your current comments do render you liable to being sued for defamation by our hotel as well as by each member of our staff. Had you been living in Greece, we might have been tempted.
And to set the record straight, next time you accuse a hotel of a robbery, which means some member of the staff entered your room, while you were in it, with a weapon and has violently removed your jewelry, it is a good idea to think twice, because this renders you (again) liable to being sued for defamation by the hotel and the staff alike.
We wish you luck in your future traveling,
Maria Zouganeli

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We could not have been happier with our stay here. We loved everything about this hotel! The location, the room, the grounds, and above all, the staff. The hotel is steps from Ornos beach. Maria and everyone at the hotel made us feel like family. Thank you for showing my husband such a wonderful first impression of Greece!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary N
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Hotel Erato exceeded expectations in every way. The lovely hotel is ideally located just steps from Ornos Beach, with easy access to the water taxi and the bus to town. However, time spent on the property is equally special. The rooms are clean, comfortable and nicely decorated, and my room had a little balcony and an amazing view of the beach. The main reception and breakfast area are also enjoyable with both indoor and outdoor seating overlooking the gardens and the water. Lastly, Maria is the ultimate hostess...she took time upon my arrival to sit down to share suggestions of restaurants, beaches, historical sites and was very helpful in making reservations and arranging details. Her sincere attention to all her guests was notable. As a single traveler, I truly enjoyed staying at this hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel with beautiful decor, fantastic location near ornos beach and very friendly and helpful staff. Special mention to Maria who has been so welcoming and full of great recommendations for beaches, restaurants and bars.

Had a memorable time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel Erato is a beautiful hotel located right next to Ornos Beach - a family friendly beach. The hotel has great rooms, a great breakfast and helpful staff. Breakfast can be eaten in doors in the dining room or outside on the beautiful patio terrace which looks directly at Ornos Beach. Maria helped me book transfers to to hotel before we arrived and greeted us with welcome drinks when we arrived. She spent time with us when we arrived to see exactly what we wanted to get from our stay on Mykonos. Each day she saw us she checked in to make sure everything was OK and if she could help arrange or suggest anything else. My kids like the complimentary Jelly Pop candies so much we scoured the airport duty free shop to find some before we left to return home. I definitely recommend the hotel to anyone looking to stay near Ornos Beach and would love to visit again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family