What can I say?................Just perfect.
As other reviewers say; spotlessly clean, great staff, lovely pool, very close to the beach/Restaurants/ bus stop/supermarket, fantastic value for money, quite comfortable rooms, good and reasonably priced food and drinks from the bar (I recommend the Anemos toastie with fries and the double espresso coffee) I couldn't want more from a small budget apartment complex?
We chose a package with Thomson which is unusual for us as we tend to travel independently preferring either - destinations away from the usual tourist haunts or those at the Luxury end of tourism, however I have to say we were really surprised (in a good way) by our experience at the lovely Anemos studios.
Our room was much better than expected with good basic facilities, really efficient aircon and a small patio terrace. Anemos is a very pretty little place which I would recommend to anyone. Ornos is exactly what we expected - it is pleasant enough, if a little rough and ready. Its low key (for Mykonos) there are a dozen or so Restaurants and the beach was very crowded by 11am.
As for Mykonos itself............it does have a certain arid, windswept charm but there are countless more scenic Greek Islands. We found the food generally average and Chora, the main town is ten minutes away by bus, not an easy walk from Ornos (you need to walk on a steep, busy road) The town is fun but it is also expensive, tawdry, tired and run down also if you don't time your visits wisely - you'll find it fulI to bursting with huge throngs from the cruise ships.
We really enjoyed the open air cinema in Mykonos town, it has a huge adjoining garden cafe shaded by palms. Before watching the evening film we ate lamb koftas from the BBQ stuffed with cheese, with side dishes of home made coleslaw and potato salad - this was the best meal we had in Mykonos.
Its a real shame that litter is strewn everywhere across the Island but this could simply be down to a combination of careless tourists and recession cutbacks.
Despite the issues I did like Mykonos a lot and we're planning to go back next year, a cheap flight with easyjet - staying at the lovely Anemos of course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 100 metres from Ornos Beach, Anemos Studios Apartments offers free public Wi-Fi and features a swimming pool with pool bar and furnished sun-lounger terrace. Accommodation at the family-run hotel is self-catered. Each with a view of the pool or the surrounding garden, the air-conditioned studios and apartments come with balconies or terraces. They are built and decorated in typical Cycladic style. Amenities include a satellite TV, and a kitchen with fridge. Staff at the front desk provide information on nearby attractions and offer a bicycle/car hire service. Daily boat service is available at Ornos Bay, offering easy access to many of the island's beaches, and excursions to Delos. Only 100 metres from Ornos centre and the bus stop, Anemos Studios Apartments are only 2.5 km from Mykonos Town. A large parking area is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anemos Hotel-Apartments & Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anemos Apartments Hotel Ornos
- Anemos Hotel-Apartments & Studios Mykonos/Ornos