All reviews private beach swim up bar ornos bay private dinner guest relations boutique hotel room decor la meduse an art gallery porsche cayenne spa services personalized service staff were extremely attentive loved spending time every corner unforgettable stay great boutique
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

DAZZLING views and a so-beautiful-it-hurts turquoise sea with a private beach? Check. Stunning rooms with every detail thought through just-so to ensure a sanctuary experience from Bulgari toiletries, jacuzzi bathtubs for two, bathrobes that are velvety clouds of fluffiness, to decor with rare art accouterments galore? Check. Swim-up (!) pool bar with handcrafted cocktails one is sure to crave and miss back home? Check. Personalized service by a passionate team of staff, several of whom one becomes friends for life with? Check. Private wood (!) yacht to satiate all sunset cruise and island-hoping dreams? CHECK!

5 stars are simply just not enough to rate this magical, family-owned and operated über-lux boutique hotel built on one of the most picturesque bays in Mykonos.

How can anyone *ever* pay for the preciousness of the PERFECT "will you marry me?" moment that a bunch of strangers working at a hotel go waaaay out of their way to make unforgettable for all? One cannot. Ergo this novella-length review, written from my heart, thanking the hearts of those who gifted my best friend of 20 years the COOLEST "he-asked-me!" story a girl can dream of.

My BFF was proposed by her beau at Kivotos’ over-the-top-gorgeous villa (with private infinity pool overlooking the starlit Myconian sea for those midnight dips one longs for) and all of us who attended the surprise-to-the-bride-to-be event (she said YES!) laughed (and cried) and rejoiced all night long...

Le Corbusier wrote this of the Cycladic islands (of which Mýkonos is their undisputed queen): “Whatever architecture had to say, it said it here.” These very words best encapsulate Kivotos' natural marvel of topography cum spot-on Architectural Digest cover-worthy design.

We all deserve a wanderlusting splurge here and then... be it for an unforgettable stay, a day’s visit at the seawater (!) pool followed by an haute cuisine mediterranean lunch al fresco at “Le Pirate", or a candlelit dinner for (only!) two on the private seaside deck, the family of staff at Kivotos makes each moment unforgettable and the unreal-looking-but-oh-so-true setting is a no-filter-needed Instagram hit. Visited last year and HAD to come back to live it again. Kivotos is opening another property in Santorini’s dreamiest spot, Imerovigli, in spring 2019: I pray to all gods—ancient and modern alike—that I’ll be there to cheer their grand opening (and those postcard caldera sunsets!) on.

I am Greek-American, living in Southern California, and when traveling, I aim to stay at properties around the world that best capture the spirit of the locale I’m living... like Jacques Garçia’s (of Costa Hotels fame) too-fab L’Hotel, a redo of Queen Margot’s palace in Paris... The sterile predictability of—even the most luxurious—hotel chains and their detached staff is just not my cup of tea. But beyond beauty, personable service, comfort, design, and Michelin-star worthy gastronomy, there is an ineffable quality I spend years researching when I make my wanderlusting dream list (I fantasized of staying in Kivotos ever since I were a girl in my twenties to whom places like this were still a distant dream). I am now 53.

There is a Greek proverb which can be (roughly!) translated as “imagination’s fantasy and heart’s loving toil”... THAT is the secret je ne sais quoi of Kivotos—may it be lived by one and all.

I am counting the days till I return next year and see again the humans who pour their heart and soul into making Kivotos our happy place:

Kivotos’ hands-on (!) owners Mrs. Electra Michopoulos who is the very paradigm of Greece's “philoxenia”—passionately gracious hospitality, and her son Iason Michopoulos who toils day and night to add Condé Nast panache to every guest’s stay (and whose sartorial savvy makes us fashion-obsessed gals want to see him on the cover of GQ); Ms. Christina Paganou, Kivotos’ Guest Relations majordomo sans-pareil who is that most gifted of humans in the luxury hospitality industry—what is your Greek Island fantasy? Christina knows even the top-secret recherché Mykonian spots and personalizes itineraries for them all—herself alone is a reason in itself to stay at Kivotos, and one of the main reasons we had to come back this year; Nicos Nicolaides, the bartender/friend/cocktails-artiste we all hope for when we want that drink that just hits the spot, and seek to hang out poolside with because his very being makes our holidays more like “living the real Greece” (in style!) and just more FUN; Panos Pappas, Kivotos’ Food & Beverage mastermind who goes out of his way to ensure an unforgettable time is had by all; Yiannis Damalas who cures our jet lag and whose soothing massages erase our cares away and rejuvenate body, spirit, mind and soul; Apostolis Lymperopoulos, our daytime bartender/friend who—like all staff here—just CARES *so*; Christos Hasikides who—even at 5 am (!)—is there to make our return to our Kivotos “home” a delight; and, Kostis Rizos whose ear-to-ear smile greets us when we first pull up to Kivotos and sets the tone for the kind of holidays one just keeps going on and on about when we get back home.

GRAMERCY to all the humans at Kivotos who gift of themselves and make me so very proud to have been born Greek. Kivotos indeed makes the world a better place for all of us to live in—encore! And, allons-y!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2018

I contacted the hotel a couple of weeks before our arrival and explained that I plan to propose to my partner at the candle light dinner. Christina the Relations Manager at the hotel was fantastic, she gave me confidence that my plan to propose was going to work and she could not have been more accommodating. Prompt reply to emails, available to speak to on the phone, she was great. Onto our 5 course candle light dinner, the food was exceptional. The menu had a modern, Greek, A-la-Carte feel. All courses were delicious, who would have thought sea bass on a bed of guacamole with red pepper sorbet would taste so good. The waiter was very attentive and understanding when we needed space between courses to call home and tell them the good news. The food coupled with transfers to and from the hotel this was the perfect 3 hours from start to finish.
Thanks again to Christina!

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Kivotos hotel has an excellent location with the perfect service. Select a room with a view to enjoy the hotel fully. Beach is crystal clear. Guest Relation Manager Christina is very helpful for every need.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Excellent location and amenities, perfect service. Hard to find a better view from every corner and more spacious and comfortable rooms.
Kristina is a treasure, always smiling and ready to give great advice for restaurants, beach clubs, activities.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Kivotos hotel is set on the beautiful coast of the Aegean Sea with stunning views of Ornos Bay and supplies guests with a warm and unique experience. The facilities provided are more than adequate and the staff at the hotel demonstrate a friendly, relaxed yet attentive attitude to all guests. A special mention to bartender Nikos Nikolaidis who makes mouth-watering cocktails and the restaurant manager Panos Pappas for ensuring his team supply an excellent service in daily living. With outstanding food, crystal clear waters and a breathtaking decor, do not miss an opportunity to stay here!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family