“Consistently Excellent ”

Bath House Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Chard
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bath House Hotel and Restaurant has a contemporary bar and a highly recommended restaurant serving innovative British cuisine with continental and Asian influences.
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

We have visited two or three times a year for the last three years or so and the food is always delicious.
The scallops are simply the best we have found anywhere, which is why we keep coming back.
I was sorry to see the Chinese draught ale has disappeared but a Spanish beer makes a fair replacement.
We have always received prompt and courteous service from Shin in the restaurant and look forward to another visit early next year.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 13 October 2018

A good menu from which to select - we had the comfit of duck which was very tasty, a good size portion and an individual bowl of vegetables. The goats cheese on mushroom and spinach was also an excellent choice. Reasonable priced. Very nice restaurant with attentive waitress

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Came here on a work do and enjoyed a set menu, the wine menu was ok, and the Mendoza was nice. The wasabi prawns was the highlight of the starters, the main courses were pretty standard Asian fair and I am not sure why so many score it so outstandingly well however did not eat a la carter so perhaps I missed the best of this restaurant. Service was attentive and friendly.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We called in for tea, and I had the slow cooked lamb shank and my partner had Bath House fish pie, both were excellent; we did not have a starter or sweet, but we were full nonetheless. Well worth trying.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a date with my partner. Food was excellent. Had mains, desserts and my partner had 2 drinks and it came to £80, prices I think are worth it for the food, but be aware it’s not budget but worth it for a treat.
The only problem is recently a group of people hanging around outside the restaurant all day every day, if I was not local it would put me off visiting. I understand they are not anything to do with bath house but people of the older generation may find them intimidating(they are usually gone by evening when the restaurant is opened so if your thinking about visiting please do as it’s such a wonderful place)

Date of visit: March 2018