All reviews the indian river villa attendant zabuco honeymoon villa the cliff trafalgar falls private pool granola tibay beach lobster lion fish champagne reef rum punch boiling lake sara lee ti fey one of a kind exceeded our expectations
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We did things at Secret Bay that we have never done before. It was a great experience being able to cook together, kayak and spend quality time in this romantic and natural environment. We would totally recommend Secret Bay as vacation destination.

Room Tip: We did self contained no pool room. The private pool rooms must be a total pleasure to experience.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vandalyn F
Reviewed 5 December 2017

My wife and I spent our 10 year anniversary at this resort at the recommendation of a friend that had been here several years ago. And we were certainly not disappointed. From the moment we landed, the staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. We are fairly active people but wanted a trip that was more laid back. This met all our expectations. We even got in a great hike in the rain Forrest. Most of our time was spent at the resort relaxing and enjoying the views of the ocean views that were seen from our balcony. I always try to leave honest reviews about the places we visit. If there was anything i would recommend improving, i would ask the resort trim back some of the vegetation that partially blocked the views from the pool level of our villa. That issue is very minor and more a matter of preference. It would certainly not ever keep us from a return trip. Everything else about the trip was perfect including the chef that came into our villa one night to cook us dinner. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and residents of the island as they all work to recover from the devastation earlier this year.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnsonrk
Reviewed 2 December 2017

The accommodations were outstanding however I wouldn't call this a traditional resort. Not much interaction with anyone else and totally secluded. The resort offers bicycles however there isn't anywhere safe to ride them. I would not advise anyone to venture outside the resort without a guide the resort set up. Good place to go if someone wants to disconnect from the world!

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank 859mikec859
StephanieA3430, Director of Sales at Secret Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dominica boasts of its tranquil rainforests but is also known for its undulating terrain, enriched by soaring mountains and deep valleys. At Secret Bay, our aim is to provide discrete and personalized service, and so we ensure that arrangements are made for guests who are keen to explore the intricacies of our beautiful island self-guided or those who appreciate the insight of our knowledgeable tour guides. Secret Bay is indeed the place to go to revitalize, rejuvenate and reconnect with yourself and your partner in a pristine natural environment. It is also the place to embrace your sense of adventure or relax and be pampered. Our humble goal is to meet and exceed our guests’ every expectation and we look forward to introducing you to more of the island on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Absolute perfection in every sense, the trip of a lifetime. Can't say enough good things about the staff, service, location, beauty. Dominica is truly a gem and Secret Bay makes it truly magical. We can't wait to return for another adventure.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ccpp2016
Reviewed 20 September 2017

My boyfriend and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary at the Zabuco Honeymoon Villa II and I have nothing but glowing recommendations for this gorgeous and incredible resort. The villa is luxurious and its immersion in the rainforest is magnificent. I wanted to get away from everything for our anniversary, and Secret Bay was so secluded that we barely saw any other guests during our stay. From the moment we were picked up from the airport, we felt Dominica's hospitality. I loved waking up every morning and taking in the scenery on the balcony. We loved lounging by the pool, but also enjoyed our Indian River tour with our guide, Fire--he is the man! We went for a short bike ride, and we kayaked to the secluded beach during one day as they provided us with all the equipment we needed. We also went lion fish hunting, although neither my boyfriend or I caught any. Our guy caught two of them for us and they were prepared for dinner that night--it was so delicious and probably my favorite meal of the trip. The service was impeccable; this place is a true gem!

Room Tip: Definitely book a villa with a pool
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple