US$167
US$128
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$141
US$138
Travelocity
Lucy Inn(Portsmouth)
US$60
Orbitz.com
Iso's Bed & Breakfast(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$139
US$133
  • Breakfast included
US$144
US$118
Sunrise Farm Cottages(Castle Bruce)
US$100
Rejens Hotel(Portsmouth)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the "suites" which are pretty much like motel rooms with a few basic kitchen items (sink, a few dishes, small refrigerator, microwave, and cook top). First the good. The rooms were very clean. The A/C worked well except for when the power went out to my room only (not the adjacent rooms.) The cleaning ladies take good care of the orange tile floors and you can walk barefoot without picking up any dirt. Also, the setting next to the ocean is nice. I would not swim at this beach because the shoreline is not that inviting and the water can be surprisingly rough at times. I had interactions with multiple staff members and all were very polite and helpful. Now for the bad, the rooms are really basic with full size beds (not queen or king). The built-in cabinetry/closet/desk is really old and looks to be one step better than painted plywood. The bath room consists of a pedestal sink, a toilet, and an area blocked off by a curtain for showing. The plumbing fixtures are really old and drip or run all the time. The shower nozzle leaks and directs a stream of water outside the shower and onto the floor if you aren't careful. It's just old and run down. The price is reasonable, so I guess you get what you pay for. Nice staff too.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 21 June 2016

The place is very quiet, clean, you have a superb restaurant on the site, the beach is clean, beautiful and private. The people are very friendly always willing to help. They serve fresh and local fruits and vegetables.

Stayed: June 2016
2  Thank claryvin
Reviewed 3 April 2016

The room was clean, simply furnished but had everything we needed. Staff were very helpful and pleasant and brought in a coffee maker for us.
It was nice to sit on the verandah overlooking the well kept gardens.
The restaurant menu was a little limited, but the food was very nice and the location was lovely right on the seafront.
We felt very secure here, and the students from the local medical university created a lively but not loud or intrusive atmosphere.
We went to look for the parrots in the National Park, and this hotel couldn't be better placed, being just a few minutes drive away from the access route to the Syndicate Trail.
There is a good supermarket nearby.
If we went back to Portsmouth we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank G E H
Reviewed 10 February 2016

We stayed a couple of nights at the Portsmouth Beach Hotel as part of our walking holiday with KE Adventure.

The hotel (multi-storey block) itself appears to be nothing other than student dormitories for the local university. It is the beach huts you should stay in. Used by the scriptwriters during the filming of Pirates of the Caribbean, each of the huts sports a sign with the name of which writer stayed there.

The huts are very well appointed: large enough for the job, clean, good air-con and excellent wifi. Each day the cleaner would fully tidy our mess, and clean throughout.

All of the staff were friendly and accommodating, even to the extent of the security guard giving us a lift to our restaurant of choice!

The hotel restaurant was a little disappointing, we only ate there once (The Sisters Sea Lodge half-a-mile away is much better): prices are high for the quality and quantity delivered.

If you enjoy swimming, the huts are just 15-strides from the warm Caribbean sea. The beach drops quickly into the sea to a depth of ~2-ft and then shelves and gently slopes for several hundred feet from the shore: very safe for both adults and kids.

Room Tip: Use the beach huts rather that the multi-storey block
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2016

The beech cottages are not bad. You can hear the waves at night and the AC works great. The rooms were clean, and house keeping did a great job. It is a picturesque place, with the a breath taking view of Cabrits Nation Park across the bay. There is a reef on the North Side of the dock with great snorkeling and it makes an awesome wave a couple of times a year. I stayed in a beech cottage with my family for a week in January 2015 before starting school at Ross University. The food was good and the service was great. My girlfriend and I frequented the restaurant for their fish dinner and decent wine. They always have fresh local juice, and a decently priced lunch menu.

Negative: There has been a change in the cooking staff and you can taste it. The food is mediocre at best. I was served under cooked fish last time I ate dinner with them in November 2015. My negative experiences didn't stop my friends and I from going there to surf the wave that happened to be breaking January 22, 2016. I ate the Veggie Island burger. The ingredients were lettuce (hardly any), cucumbers, a little mustard sauce of some sort, and a soggy veggie patty. Which is pretty much the norm now. But I was willing to pay for it because of the awesome location. The next morning my friend and I were going to eat breakfast there and check the waves when the manager informed me of the new policy. NO BEACH ACCESS FOR PATRONS OF THE RESTAURANT. Beach access is strictly reserved for hotel guest. The manager then explained this change in policy is to "avoid any bad reviews on trip adviser for their being sand in a chair, the parking lot being too full, or the beech being too loud." For this reason I will save myself the torture of any intestinal parasites dwelling within their under cook, poorly seasoned fish served with an accompaniment of equally bland sides. And when I decide to visit Dominica in the future, I will gladly enjoy the better quality rooms, amazing food, and unimaginable scenery that the Atlantic side of the island has in store. In Dominica the beach is 100% open to the public. To gain access without renting a room, all you have to do is dive/walk 1/10th of a mile south and take your 1st right. The road goes straight down to the beach where you can find water sport rentals and a beach bar with the friendly authentic Dominican experience every adventure traveler is looking to find. And I promise you, Wade isn't worried about the sand! Happy travels everyone!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends